Prediction Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutch to Laird and let Brodie Smith run free for the sake of my dreamteam!

Masto probably unlucky but gives Cripps a chance to perform on the wing.

Waterman/Petrol plenty to play for with Cameron breathing down their necks.

Jesus, it’s a credit to how solid Masten’s been this past month when even Facebook is being complimentary. Plenty of ‘unlucky to be dropped’. Normally it’d be banners and parades as far as the eyes can see. You do you, Masto.

We’re in such a good spot in terms of competition for best 22. Just need to keep banking wins. Six victories until we’re back to back Premiers.

This must be the only time in history when Masten is dropped....and a majority of fans disagree. I am certainly surprised and don't think he should've been dropped.

Honestly as a known Masten hater even I am a bit perplexed.

He plays like garbage and he stays in then when he seems to play better and gets dropped.

I really, really want to know by what metric they evaluate him because I can see no discernable pattern.

After all this time and all these year's......

The one time Masten might have actually deserved to stay in the team and he's dropped

I am not saying it's not the right call, Hutchings gives our midfield a much harder edge, but I have seen Masten play worse for much larger periods and still be retainined

Honestly as a known Masten hater even I am a bit perplexed.

He plays like garbage and he stays in then when he seems to play better and gets dropped.

I really, really want to know by what metric they evaluate him because I can see no discernable pattern.

I can only assume that the selectors wanted to keep as many small forwards as possible in the team and so decided to put Cripps in Masten's spot.

Smith the better option, you’re probably right, but I feel he spends more time in the guts than Laird, and I like how our midfield has been functioning without a dedicated tagger in there.

Really, I just want to see Cripps released to the wing to absolute run teams into submission, so I’m trying to turn Hutch into a full time tagger from the HFF. Matchups be damned, Cripps will be a winger by the time I’m done.
Given the amount of ground that he covers in the HF role- Cripps basically is a winger these days. Our forward line has held up ok- but we are a considerably better side with him in it when he’s linking up. I don’t think it’s a coincidence we lacked connectivity with our forwards late in the pies game that he went down injured in.

Will be curious to see who Hutch stands next to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi fellas..not coming here to wish you good luck because after our team selection this week, luck won't play a factor at all. Richie Douglas just been on radio saying how confident the boys are and when asked if we will tag any of your prime movers, he just said we will back ourselves in. Not often I think the team has NO chance of winning but this is one of those weeks. I see a 100+ point belting coming as you guys will literally run rings around our 1 paced elderly team. Just go easy on Darcy Fogarty as we don't want him to get demoralised and request a trade at seasons end..cheers

Well fancy that Masten gets dropped when his form doesn't warrant it.

He may as well go back to spudding it up

Hi fellas..not coming here to wish you good luck because after our team selection this week, luck won't play a factor at all. Richie Douglas just been on radio saying how confident the boys are and when asked if we will tag any of your prime movers, he just said we will back ourselves in. Not often I think the team has NO chance of winning but this is one of those weeks. I see a 100+ point belting coming as you guys will literally run rings around our 1 paced elderly team. Just go easy on Darcy Fogarty as we don't want him to get demoralised and request a trade at seasons end..cheers

You team selection thread is hilarious.

Honestly imagine if you guys did win then you would have Jacobs, Douglas and Mackey (one of the worst players I have ever seen) in for the rest of the year. MC vindication!

So even a win would have some problems.

I'm not perplexed at Masto's axing. Hutchings and Cripps are important in the lead-up to finals while Waterman is bloody mobile, has marking power up the ground, kicks goals and deserves a run of games. Cameron "unlucky" to go out for Petch but I believe the club when they say he is being managed.

Last edited:
So good to get a proper block of games into Cameron though, if we need him come finals he's had a real good look at the top level and how that forward line operates. Can't question his endeavour but Cripps is proven to know how to find the ball a tiny bit more.

Petruccelle has x-factor that can literally turn an ordinary play into an easy goal, gets another week to work on it.

Changes are pretty solid imo.

Nelson -> Duggan
Waterman -> Nic

Probably the only other changes i'd like to see to the team.

You can honestly raffle Petch and Cameron as well though, and while they both offer different strengths I actually think Cameron's tackling and cleaner skills will be more valuable than the extra couple of touches and raw pace petch provides in the heat of a final.

Agree with this 100%. While Petrucelle has been good this year, Cameron is the much better footballer - what Petch offers in raw pace/athleticism isn't as essential as Cameron's off the ball work and football nous. Hopefully we'll see Cameron back in again soon.

Hutch to Laird and let Brodie Smith run free for the sake of my dreamteam!

Masto probably unlucky but gives Cripps a chance to perform on the wing.

Waterman/Petrol plenty to play for with Cameron breathing down their necks.
Smithers is no longer playing HBF.

He is currently playing HFF & midfield.

Would be fun to see him go head to head with Yeo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back