Prediction Changes vs Adelaide

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
You team selection thread is hilarious.

Honestly imagine if you guys did win then you would have Jacobs, Douglas and Mackey (one of the worst players I have ever seen) in for the rest of the year. MC vindication!

So even a win would have some problems.
haha..I'll forgive you for your naivety..DMac, Douglas and Jacobs will still be in the team win lose or whatever for the rest of the year anyway. It is really really telling listening to Malcolm Blight on radio talk about how bad our midfield structures are and how poor our efforts to tag Cripps were a couple of weeks back. We have a number of 1st and 2nd round draft picks kicking their heels in the SANFL and the club just won't play them. Even if we aced the trae and draft period at the end of the year, unless there are serious coaching changes (most line coaches are simply not good enough and nor is camporeale), then nothing will change. An external review is the only way forward so one day we might actually have a club as professional as yours is!!!!

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Based off last week, Masto wasn't great, the 4 weeks before that have been really solid. At least he's in good form should he need to come back in. I think Hutchings takes the wing if he doesn't tag.

Cripps will still be that slingshot player, always appears at the top of sprint efforts and repeat sprints with Liam Ryan.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Good changes. Masto unlucky but if they had already decided to bring in Hutch then he was the only one realistically that could go out. Mid for mid, and, as handy as Masten has been lately, I don’t think we’d want him and Hutch playing in the same side. Better off taking an extra small forward and have Ryan, Cripps and Willie rotate up the ground.

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Masto out? Gee whiz, Simmo must have found the master copies of those photos Chris has been hiding.

I like these changes. Excited to see what happens with the youngsters. My dream scenario is that Petch and Waterman go up a gear to try and preserve their spots in the 22, whilst Cameron goes berserk in the WAFL and sledgehammers the selection door down.

Good problems to have. Hopefully Duggan's playing WAFL on the weekend too and demands his spot from Nelson back.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Good to see Waterman retain his spot. He provides a point of difference by being a tall option who gut runs up and down the ground all day.

Cameron will be competing with Petruccelle to get back into the side I think, we can only carry one of those low possession pressure forwards into the finals imo.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
That's great, but he wasn't an auto selection. He got picked to play WAFL so seems the coaches don't think he's an auto selection either.

I think he adds something to our team, but unless we need him to do a job or someone isn't performing and he is, I wouldn't bring him in.
And then Hutchings came back in. Preferred to Masten, on the face of it.

Maybe the algorithm that does "auto selections" has been corrupted.

Or maybe he's regarded as best 22, indicated perhaps by him playing 30-something games in a row before injury.

Let me know when you solve the puzzle.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
This thread is hilarious. Since his return Petch has dramatically out performed Cameron.

Atm he’s developing quickly and got experience and production on his side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backs : McGovern, Barrass, Schofield, Hurn, Sheppard, Jetta, Nelson
(Duggan to come back replacing Nelson, Rotham and Watson ready to step in if required)

Mids : Hickey, Oallen, Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Redden, Sheed, Hutchings
(Masten loses the battle for the 7th musketeer to Hutch, Achee and Ainsworth the only other midfield depth with any AFL games. Paper thin)

Forwards : Kennedy, Darling, Cripps, Rioli, Ryan, Petruccelle, Waterman
(Cameron to keep pressure on Petch and misty)

Vardy (and an untested Williams) the only cover for ruck/forward plus Naitanui if he recovers somehow

Hard to see anyone else coming in unless we have a really bad injury run

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
(Duggan to come back replacing Nelson, Rotham and Watson ready to step in if required)

(Masten loses the battle for the 7th musketeer to Hutch, Achee and Ainsworth the only other midfield depth with any AFL games. Paper thin)

Vardy (and an untested Williams) the only cover for ruck/forward plus Naitanui if he recovers somehow

Do you regard Allen as a mid or a forward?

You have him listed as a mid, presumably because he supports Hickey in the ruck.

Should Naitanui return, presumably Allen reverts to being a forward, at which point he dislodges Waterman or Petruccelle. Probably Waterman.

You have him listed as a mid, presumably because he supports Hickey in the ruck.

Should Naitanui return, presumably Allen reverts to being a forward, at which point he dislodges Waterman or Petruccelle. Probably Waterman.
Yeah this is my thinking

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast

Not the worst spot to be in. Guys pushing from below keeping everyone honest, plus legitimate cover across most lines. There’s going to be some guys who are going to be very unlucky.

Midfield is on the weaker side for depth but we do have a few that can pinch hit like Cripps and Rioli. So that will ease the load somewhat should we cop an injury.

Allen you could have written on each line. He’s firmly entrenched in our best 22 barring a sudden retreat in form.

Yeah that's the move in my opinion too.

Assuming Duggan is injured and Nic Nat is healthy, Naitanui for Waterman is the only change from this to our Best 22 in my mind.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah this is my thinking
Imagine we get NicNat and Duggan back and have no further injuries.

Then compare that side to the team that won the 2018 flag:

Natanui for Lycett
Hickey for Vardy
Gaff for Masten
Sheppard for Cole
Allen for LeCras
Petruccelle for Venables

It's significantly stronger in 2019.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
After all this time and all these year's......

The one time Masten might have actually deserved to stay in the team and he's dropped

I am not saying it's not the right call, Hutchings gives our midfield a much harder edge, but I have seen Masten play worse for much larger periods and still be retainined
Dya reckon they read the board and are f#^#}{ with us?

Well that went as expected. We played as old a side as we could, we were too slow and couldn’t match their run.

Their midfield killed us and I can’t believe we didn’t tag Gaff or Shuey.

Bombing to their defenders was just dumb, when will we ever learn.

Their forward line killed us. We had no answer for their smalls.

Let’s see what spin the club comes up with now.

We are stuffed.

(Let’s see how close I get)

Adelaide board are really going for it. It's amusing reading but I still think there's a great deal of football to played, surprised at just how flat they are over there.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Imagine we get NicNat and Duggan back and have no further injuries.

Then compare that side to the team that won the 2018 flag:

Natanui for Lycett
Hickey for Vardy
Gaff for Masten
Sheppard for Cole
Allen for LeCras
Petruccelle for Venables

It's significantly stronger in 2019.
Are you dealing in a hypothetical?

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
And then Hutchings came back in. Preferred to Masten, on the face of it.

Maybe the algorithm that does "auto selections" has been corrupted.

Or maybe he's regarded as best 22, indicated perhaps by him playing 30-something games in a row before injury.

Let me know when you solve the puzzle.
played WAFL last week champ. thats called though the twos.

I forgot Cole who provides even further cover down back

Also Smith is a chance to be fit by the time finals roll around so he could become an option if required

Jan 14, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Even if we aced the trae and draft period at the end of the year, unless there are serious coaching changes (most line coaches are simply not good enough and nor is camporeale), then nothing will change. An external review is the only way forward so one day we might actually have a club as professional as yours is!!!!

You guys just made a Grand Final in 2017.
We also lost a Grand Final in 2015 and for the next couple of years many west coast supporters were calling for Simmos head and labelling us as a shambles.
And then 2018 happened for us.

Don Pyke has proved he knows how to get to the big one so he can't be that bad a couch.
Then again I don't know the ins and outs of your club, so who knows.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We also lost a Grand Final in 2015 and for the next couple of years many west coast supporters were calling for Simmos head and labelling us as a shambles.

Don Pyke has proved he knows how to get to the big one so he can't be that bad a couch.
Pyke needs a much better assistant and new forward and midfield line coaches around him and brett burton has to go..hard to correct a culture when you are surrounded by incompetence in a boys club environment. Big problems at our club..enjoy the finals this year as you guys are just about favorites for the flag

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

The reason we are literally going insane over there is the steadfast reluctance to try and turn over our list despite getting smashed in the GF, not making finals last year and we won’t this year.

On Sunday 15 players will run out that also ran out R1 2016, Pykes first game. Could easily have been 17 if Seedsman and Jenkins played.

This same group has failed continually. We are the oldest team in the AFL currently. We are the oldest non top 4 team ever in AFL history.

It’s distressing and it’s not just BF. Crows basically shut down it’s social media after the Essendon and Carlton games. People are furious.

Back