Changes vs Blues - Lewis and Dunkley on Debut IN for Baker and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm going to try and flip this: it will actually be seriously embarrassing if Carlton can't knock us off this weekend. Will be an indictment on that club. They have everything to play for (get as far away from the bottom as possible) whilst we slowly and discreetly trickle players onto the LTI list and into early surgery.
Out: Gawn, Petty
In: Preuss, Lever (if ready)

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Decided to edit my post.

If Gawn or Lever are not good to go, then please don't pick them. Kind of looking forward to 2020 now and just give those 50/50 players a shot to see if they should be retained or not.

Last edited:

MITSUHIRATO

All Australian
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm going to try and flip this: it will actually be seriously embarrassing if Carlton can't knock us off this weekend. Will be an indictment on that club. They have everything to play for (get as far away from the bottom as possible) whilst we slowly and discreetly trickle players onto the LTI list and into early surgery.

I don’t agree. We are missing out best (and by some margin) midfielder and two best key forwards.

Despite your injuries, your 22 still looks more solid than ours.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Hope we phone it in like Adelaide did round 23 2017
Beep Beep

giphy.gif

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If we don't have Cripps, how the F do you think we will combat your midfield.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I don’t agree. We are missing out best (and by some margin) midfielder and two best key forwards.

Despite your injuries, your 22 still looks more solid than ours.
We are missing required skills from our best 4 midfielders, plus on form this year I’m yet to be convinced that we are playing key forwards at all.

God only knows what happens on the weekend. Possible the usual from Melbourne which is basically Marty Hore and Salem v everyone else on the park

Just ring your guys around the contest and ours will handball in circles until someone misses. Then you sweep it down your end, anybody we don't have at the coalface will have run into our F50 by then, goal, Bob's your Auntie's live-in lover!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps will be back this week.

Our season has been a case of "if anything can go wrong it will"

2 examples off the top of my head:

Jack Steven goes on leave for mental issues round 2, comes back to play us then goes on leave again, hasn't played since.

Jack Riewoldt injured round 2, comes back to play us, dominates, gets injured at the end of the last quarter, hasn't played since.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Lever playing at Casey this weekend ... Thats almost a responsible recovery plan, obviously a decision taken out of Misson's hands.

All I want is getting our best back 6 together for the last month or so of the year. They need as much experience as possible playing with each other before 2020.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
In retrospect, do we think Misson was rushing players back to cover his ass given the amount of unfit players we had early on which essentially de-railed our season? Or is he just genuinely incompetent.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
He's looked a bit tired, i'm not unopposed to it but it's not like we have any other promising young wingman taking his spot. Probably should just leave him there for the rest of the year and see what he's got - the season is cooked.

I feel like C. Wagner still has something to add, given his tackling and our lack of aggression and intent last week from half time onwards. Would also like to reward Lewis' form in the VFL. Weird that JKH was best on but still couldn't crack an extended bench. Weird selections but then again we're used to that

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
He's looked a bit tired, i'm not unopposed to it but it's not like we have any other promising young wingman taking his spot. Probably should just leave him there for the rest of the year and see what he's got - the season is cooked.

I feel like C. Wagner still has something to add, given his tackling and our lack of aggression and intent last week from half time onwards. Would also like to reward Lewis' form in the VFL. Weird that JKH was best on but still couldn't crack an extended bench. Weird selections but then again we're used to that
I’d play Lewis. Why not.

Wagner? Why not. Let’s play all the Wagners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back