Changes vs Blues - Lewis and Dunkley on Debut IN for Baker and Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Out: care factor
In: eternal pessimism

On a serious note. We suck so much that somebody could go back in time and get Haydn Bunton, Tony Lockett and Steve Silvagni at the peak of their powers, stick them in the team and we’d still be slipping, fumbling, turnovering, one metre handballing and attempted tackling our way to oblivion. So by that logic I’m less than enthusiastic about the prospects of JKH and other assorted Casey spudleys capacity to change anything.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
******* lol we may as play a man down.

What happened to the mid-season draft person? Is Lewis cooked? Are there any Wagners left?

JKH is the mouldy lettuce at the bottom of your fridge. Eventually something will happen that will force you to throw it in the bin, until then it's best just to forget you ever bought it in the first place.

Last edited:

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn for Pruess giving Gawn rest to get that ankle right no way is that gonna be 100% in a week and Pruess had 50+ hitouts so why not.
Atleast Petty was alright had 8 marks did Lever play VFL or we bringing him in off nothing? Seasons done 100% now so give Petty a run against carlton and gcs

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Gawn for Pruess giving Gawn rest to get that ankle right no way is that gonna be 100% in a week and Pruess had 50+ hitouts so why not.
Atleast Petty was alright had 8 marks did Lever play VFL or we bringing him in off nothing? Seasons done 100% now so give Petty a run against carlton and gcs
My preference would be to bring Preuss in (probably for Tim Smith, who would have done more running water today) and play Gawn 60% forward, rather than taking him out all together ... assuming he can actually run on the ankle of course.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
My preference would be to bring Preuss in (probably for Tim Smith, who would have done more running water today) and play Gawn 60% forward, rather than taking him out all together ... assuming he can actually run on the ankle of course.
I just think with the season being dead give Gawn the week off why even risk it. Smith needs a good run as well to see if he gonna be around later. He played good last week played s**t today lets give him the next 3 against carlton dogs and gcs we can find out more that way than just dropping him after 1 s**t game same as Petty.

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Out: care factor
In: eternal pessimism

On a serious note. We suck so much that somebody could go back in time and get Haydn Bunton, Tony Lockett and Steve Silvagni at the peak of their powers, stick them in the team and we’d still be slipping, fumbling, turnovering, one metre handballing and attempted tackling our way to oblivion. So by that logic I’m less than enthusiastic about the prospects of JKH and other assorted Casey spudleys capacity to change anything.

Yeah but Lockett, Silvagni and Co aren’t inside mids ... therefore wouldn’t get a game for us

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I just think with the season being dead give Gawn the week off why even risk it. Smith needs a good run as well to see if he gonna be around later. He played good last week played **** today lets give him the next 3 against carlton dogs and gcs we can find out more that way than just dropping him after 1 **** game same as Petty.
Great points all round ... plus, let’s really lock in that top 3 pick!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

WTF has happened to us?

I'm a bit cooked but this season is so deflating, I know its just footy but after 11 years of crap I thought maybe we'd be at least a finals contender for a while. Just makes me not want to watch footy at all or buy a membership again (Been a member every year since 2000, haven't signed up this year). We are actually as bad as we were in 2012 FMD

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

WTF has happened to us?

I'm a bit cooked but this season is so deflating, I know its just footy but after 11 years of crap I thought maybe we'd be at least a finals contender for a while. Just makes me not want to watch footy at all or buy a membership again (Been a member every year since 2000, haven't signed up this year). We are actually as bad as we were in 2012 FMD

Finally you agree with me!

But yeah it’s really hard to see us turning this around in the next 2 years. Not impossible but hard to envisage.

Maybe we just need to wait out Goodwin

WTF has happened to us?

Nah nothing will be as bad as the Neeld era. This year is far more 2014, but without the great coach or the optimism.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers

WTF has happened to us?

Tell me anyone who watched that game less than 10 months would have predicted Geelong top of the ladder Melbourne bottom 4 this year. As someone who lives on the surfcoast it shits me to tears.

hippyhippy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wtf happened to mfc this season?

Can mfc please pull their fingers out for 1 game? Do us a 2nd favour this season. We gave u lever!... (And goodwin)

This is the most important game of the year... for Adelaide.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah most deflating season in a long while for me too. Didn’t expect anything 07-12, we were just dire, 2013-15 we had the optimism under Roos and saw improvement, 2016 we came closer than ever to finals, and last year obviously we had the finals wins.

This season has just been a disaster, and I feel I’ll struggle to get that excited heading into round 1 next year, although let’s face it, I’ll definitely be at the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back