Prediction Changes Vs Bombers r14 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there anyone else who thought Reid tackle on Cripps warranted a free ..
Reid slide into Cripps knees grappled one arm and momentum slung Cripps onto the ground where he banged his head on the turf ..

Was very dangerous tackle as the one armed tackle ended up being a chicken wing tackle ..

I rewound the Foxtel game at the time to have a better look as play just continued and no replays were shown..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Vardys game against Swans was one of the worst individual games by a player we've had in a long time.

Don't want to see him again for a very long time until he learn a to play. Badly out of form.

Definitely wasn't called as a Swans free. Confused me at the time. I think the ump just forgot what he called.
I heard him on the ump mike on the broadcast. He actually changed his decision once he realised the swan player had been knocked out. It was dodgy as.

Was there anyone else who thought Reid tackle on Cripps warranted a free ..
Reid slide into Cripps knees grappled one arm and momentum slung Cripps onto the ground where he banged his head on the turf ..

Was very dangerous tackle as the one armed tackle ended up being a chicken wing tackle ..

I rewound the Foxtel game at the time to have a better look as play just continued and no replays were shown..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Most definitely. There were also several times the swans blindly kicked at a loose ball when Eagles players were sliding to collect, but no kicking in danger frees were paid. A frustrating performance all round.

Vardy out Nic Nat in
Smith out Yeo in
Rotham out Hurn in

That makes us look considerably stronger. Precedent set with us bringing our best players straight back in if they're good to go. No WAFL for WCE this weekend so Nic to have a big hitout in training. Take the CBDs and push forward in general play. Hickey to rotate out of the forward pocket and take the #1 ruck role around the ground.

Rotham unlucky being given the Brander treatment as he was thrown to the wolves. Schoey on notice after a couple of reasonable performances negating key forwards and getting in their heads. Barrass isn't far off.

We need cohesion with our best 22 so I think we give the team a chance to respond before widespread selection statements.

Vardy & Rioli out from MRP.
Did anyone else see anything more in the Vardy incident. Perhaps I didn't see it well but I thought he did a good job of avoiding the head. Was there a head clash?

Did anyone else see anything more in the Vardy incident. Perhaps I didn't see it well but I thought he did a good job of avoiding the head. Was there a head clash?
Very minimal head clash.

Bit of a joke suspension but was surely to be dropped anyway.

Rioli, I agree with.

Vardy and Rioli have both been hit with 1 match bans, therefore...

Out: Vardy, Rioli, Rotham, Smith
In: OAllen, Venebles, Hurn, Yeo

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

I thought it was mostly shoulder to shoulder from the vision with most of the damage from his head hitting the ground, could be wrong.

In any case it's a good excuse to drop him anyway so it's still a win for us.

They could probably challenge Vardy but he deserves to be dropped, so there's no point.

The Rioli one sucks but he was always going to go once the Swans player was concussed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the responses I just find it weird that I thought it was should to shoulder and they have charged with rough conduct yet Mumford got nothing for his hit on Murphy.

The Rioli one I find extremely frustrating as the player had a free hand and has no self preservation.
Surely its better to get caught holding the footy than being knocked out and unable to come back on the field for your team.

I too want Vardy to miss so not a big one from that angle but just find it strange...and I know I probably shouldn't by now.

The Rioli one I find extremely frustrating as the player had a free hand and has no self preservation.
Surely its better to get caught holding the footy than being knocked out and unable to come back on the field for your team.

NN tackles a player without rolling him, gets suspended.
Rioli rolls player in tackle, gets suspended.

AFL are more confused than us I suspect.

I'm ok with the Rioli one.. There was definitely 2 motions - he could have just stayed upright with the tackle. However, the Sydney guy did decide to hold onto the ball with his free hand rather then brace for impact, so there's that too.

The problem is that the skill of the players far exceeds that of the officials running footy who are clearly incompetent. This Jeremy Howe disallowed mark for example. Instead of changing the rules again and causing this stupidity, they could have just suspended Toby Green for dangerous play. Problem solved.

As for tackling the AFL dont officiate it properly and now you have this situation of blokes doing two revolutions while they a trying to free their hands, throwing it, dropping it - whatever. The tackler has the whole onus on him to disrupt all that aggressively as possible while hoping the bloke he is tackling doesnt whack his head on the turf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back