Prediction Changes Vs Bombers r14 2019

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
The decision re Vardy is seriously bad - this is irrespective of whether he should be chosen or not. He absolutely did not hit the guy high, fair bump just a much bigger unit. Has to be challenged, nothing to lose, if we lose then he's out which he should be anyway.

Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I hope we challenge the Rioli suspension. He had one arm pinned. Seems to be no o us on the ball carrier to protect themselves and the reason Ayers have to sling is because you play to the whistle. Is he meant to just stand there holding a tackle that the umpire hasnt blown his whistle for?

He was always going to get a week from the MRP because they suspend based on outcome rather than actions (See Vardy, Nathan)

Speaking of his seemed like a textbook bump, but the MRP can give him 2 if they like :p

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Thanks for the responses I just find it weird that I thought it was should to shoulder and they have charged with rough conduct yet Mumford got nothing for his hit on Murphy.

The Rioli one I find extremely frustrating as the player had a free hand and has no self preservation.
Surely its better to get caught holding the footy than being knocked out and unable to come back on the field for your team.

Not sure if it makes any difference but the Sydney player is a Irishman ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
I hope we challenge the Rioli suspension. He had one arm pinned. Seems to be no o us on the ball carrier to protect themselves and the reason Ayers have to sling is because you play to the whistle. Is he meant to just stand there holding a tackle that the umpire hasnt blown his whistle for?

He was always going to get a week from the MRP because they suspend based on outcome rather than actions (See Vardy, Nathan)

Speaking of his seemed like a textbook bump, but the MRP can give him 2 if they like :p

Both the Jetta and Rioli problems are because the ump took forever to blow his whistle. Muppets! Then on the other hand, some players are pinged straight away when they had no prior at all. Go figure. The umpiring is so frustrating.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Both the Jetta and Rioli problems are because the ump took forever to blow his whistle. Muppets! Then on the other hand, some players are pinged straight away when they had no prior at all. Go figure. The umpiring is so frustrating.
Thought this at the time. He also had an arm free - easy to see in real time live but no attempt to protect himself - so he wasnt in a vulnerble position. Willi had his arms around his waste.

Vardy bump was infornt of me - a tad late but not high.

We always seem to be at the leading edge of rule changes by teh MRP - ala Nic Nat not calculating body weight

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables

Ahh...not just action.
"The tackle consists of more than one action, regardless of whether the Player being tackled is in possession of the ball;
An opponent is slung, driven or rotated into the ground with excessive force "
He didn't really need to dump his head into the ground with that second action.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The Vardy incident is a clash of heads. I only saw it last night. He elected to bump - and bump late - so the head contact won't be looked upon favourably.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
The Vardy incident is a clash of heads. I only saw it last night. He elected to bump - and bump late - so the head contact won't be looked upon favourably.
Should have just elbowed the bloke in the face.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Ahh...not just action.
"The tackle consists of more than one action, regardless of whether the Player being tackled is in possession of the ball;
An opponent is slung, driven or rotated into the ground with excessive force "
He didn't really need to dump his head into the ground with that second action.
That's the thing, if the ump blows the whistle there's no need for the second action.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't see the head clash tbh. Vardy did just about the perfect bump, hit him on the shoulder and the chest. He shook him up because he's probably about 20 kg heavier. Completely result based decision. If the opponent gets concussion it doesn't matter how you do it unless you're Gary Ablett or one of their other favourites. Franklin would fit in the favourite category.

Last edited:

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I didn't see the head clash. Watched the slow-mo replay and couldn't see any contact to the head. But maybe I missed it. Thought he had nothing to worry about and was about the best bump you could do in modern footy apart from it being too late.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Yeah I didn't see the head clash. Watched the slow-mo replay and couldn't see any contact to the head. But maybe I missed it. Thought he had nothing to worry about and was about the best bump you could do in modern footy apart from it being too late.
Got a link to the video of Vardy's incident?

NN needs to come in straight away

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok but,

NN won't fix this team

10000 % agree free hit this season cats have it

Why would we risk rushing back our most valuable player in a season that’s a free hit because we won’t win the flag? Why not wait til he’s ready? Especially if it won’t help?

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok but,

Why would we risk rushing back our most valuable player in a season that’s a free hit because we won’t win the flag? Why not wait til he’s ready?
Dunno about all this "no chance" nonsense but imo if Nic Nat is fit to play WAFL then he's fit to play full stop. The only reason you would bring him through the two's is to see how he performs... and I dont think we need to see that to know he is a better option than anything else we have.

Back