Prediction Changes Vs Bombers r14 2019

It's a free hit because we are not playing good and vardy is not up to it even i could ruck better this season.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok so why risk Nic Nat before he’s 100000% ready to go? Especially if you think it won’t fix us?

There’s other options besides Vardy or Nic Nat.

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
If we want NicNat for the next few seasons then the Eagles need to look after him now . Emotionally also for Nic , he's had two knee Reconstructions already .

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Dunno about all this "no chance" nonsense but imo if Nic Nat is fit to play WAFL then he's fit to play full stop. The only reason you would bring him through the two's is to see how he performs... and I dont think we need to see that to know he is a better option than anything else we have.

I don't get this view.

Coming back from a knee a run in the WAFL sounds like the smart thing to do. Not as fast, opponents not as big and less at stake. Nic can blow the cobwebs out and gets a bit of confidence with a come back game where it doesn't matter if he sits out half a game.

As opposed to throwing him in the deep end in a must win game if we want a top two finish.

Match fitness is a step or two above training fitness.

TOA.

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't get this view.

Coming back from a knee a run in the WAFL sounds like the smart thing to do. Not as fast, opponents not as big and less at stake. Nic can blow the cobwebs out and gets a bit of confidence with a come back game where it doesn't matter if he sits out half a game.

As opposed to throwing him in the deep end in a must win game if we want a top two finish.

Agree. AFL is like a different game it’s so much faster and fast movement can really impact knees. Best off just getting him adjusted through the WAFL.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't get this view.

I'm going off his first game back last year against Sydney. On very limited minutes our momentum literally rose and fell while he was onball vs offball. Given we are dead last in the competition for clearances why wouldn't you take a punt of your best stoppage player? Especially against Essendon.
Agree. AFL is like a different game it’s so much faster and fast movement can really impact knees. Best off just getting him adjusted through the WAFL.

1 game in the WAFL really makes no difference to anything. Whats the point risking him in the two's knowing that he will come straight into the team a week later anyway? Even if you gave him 50% gametime for a couple of games we lose nothing because our ruckwork has sucked all year..

Last edited:

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Brooksby put up 22 disposals and 48 hit out in a losing side on the weekend.

Given that Vardy has been suspended, and Hickey has been ordinary on return, surely he is a chance for a call up.
I think we'll back in Hickey to find some form as the sole ruckman. He was arguably our best against Geelong (12 CP, 12 Cl, 7 Mk, 1.0 G, 5 T, 32 HOs), then had a month off with that hamstring.

Brooksby's performance will hopefully put selection pressure on our rucks, meanwhile he's giving the young mids some service at WAFL level... It's not a disaster if he doesn't play a game for us.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm going off his first game back last year against Sydney. On very limited minutes our momentum literally rose and fell while he was onball vs offball. Given we are dead last in the competition for clearances why wouldn't you take a punt of your best stoppage player? Especially against Essendon.

1 game in the WAFL really makes no difference to anything. Whats the point risking him in the two's knowing that he will come straight into the team a week later anyway? Even if you gave him 50% gametime for a couple of games we lose nothing because our ruckwork has sucked all year..

Im looking at what would be best for Nic not what posibly could be the best for the side playing round 13.

Its a fitter Hickey v a under done Naitanui.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Its funny how one game makes us all feel for the following week.

We are in the top 4 and reigning premiers but after yesterdays loss we all are flat and it feels doom n gloom.

Whereas Carlton have been bottom for years and won 1 game until this weekend where they had a fighting win but their fans are up and about and as happy as larry.

I guess its all about expectations.

We'll bounce back. Im really hoping fir a bitof a 2nd half of the season statement because as of now weve really been going through the motions.

What will be will be.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Theres also different things with vic clubs - they can finish top 4 and never leave their home ground on the way to a flag

We need to finish top two just to limit it to one flight

The other night could well have cost us top 2

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
If Nic’s ready to play WAFL he’s ready to play AFl. He’s been in full training for almost 2 months, match sim included, so surely the risk is the same no matter what level he plays at?? He’ll be unfit to a certain degree but he’s not rucking solo so why not play him?

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
We're not going to finish top 2 ....I think top 4 and then go full frantic desperado game plan in our QF then the draw opens , much like Freo in 2013 .

IF we finish top 4 that is .....

Nic is playing after the bye ...

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
We're not going to finish top 2 ....I think top 4 and then go full frantic desperado game plan in our QF then the draw opens , much like Freo in 2013 .

Of course we can. Giants look pretty shaky and do not have home ground dominance like we have. Pies have inform North at Marvel, Us at perth, Giants in sydney, Tigers at the G and Adelaide in Adelaide. So we take care of the business we should easily be in contention for top 2. if not, could somehow finish first if Cats s**t the bed. We are only a percentage and one game behind pies. Do not make it sound like it's a 5 game gap. You are prone to hyperbole. :)

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Of course we can. Giants look pretty shaky and do not have home ground dominance like we have. Pies have inform North at Marvel, Us at perth, Giants in sydney, Tigers at the G and Adelaide in Adelaide. So we take care of the business we should easily be in contention for top 2. if not, could somehow finish first if Cats **** the bed. We are only a percentage and one game behind pies. Do not make it sound like it's a 5 game gap. You are prone to hyperbole. :)

Hyperbole ...I'll have to look this one up .
Edit ..yes .

Geelong play mostly bottom eight teams so they will finish top unfortunately but we are still right in this season and who knows !!

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Pies have three tough games late in the season.

GWS and Eagles both away games and Richmond at the MCG.

Pies lose two of those we get a chance at 2nd.

Who knows what will unfold but we can't lose too many more games that for sure.

Back