Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
We can still finish top 2.

Win all the games we are fave in and limit the damage to 2 losses on the rin home.

One of the losses cant be v pies as that could be an 8 point game.

My ladder predictor yesterday had us on the same wins as pies but less %

So we either need to win and extra game or pies lose an extra or we start belting teams.

I still think if we get our act together we can get there.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Im looking at what would be best for Nic not what posibly could be the best for the side playing round 13.

Its a fitter Hickey v a under done Naitanui.
Unfortunately Nicnat is 29 and doesn't have a whole lot of time left in the game. So in my book if fit he's best off playing AFL not WAFL, especially with top two and possible flag still in reach.

As far as our season goes its proved two rucks only worked because NicNat thrived while having a plodder to soak up minutes. Having two plodders just means you have two plodders and a midfield rotation down.

As for Essendon Bellchambers will kill Hickey and realistically its their only chance of beating us. Give NicNat 20 or so of those stoppages and let Hickey carry all of the rest of the load. Gives NicNat some game time, improves our chances and winning and at the end of the day the risk of injury is no different to WAFL

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Am I alone in thinking that as long as we finish Top 4 and enter the finals fit, healthy and in reasonable form then we are in with a decent shot at B2B?

Of course we need to try and do everything possible to secure Top 2, but we are in a tougher spot this year. Before the 29th September 2018, I would have said that this group needs to be Top 2 in order to have a hope of winning the flag... What they achieved that day has given me the confidence and hope that they are capable of anything (except winning at Feral Park and the SCG 😛). It’s going to be a hectic second half of the season with lots of twists and turns, but we are more than capable of beating Geelong or Collingwood at the G and the Giants at Spotless if it was to come to that. Let’s buckle up and get ready for the rollercoaster :)

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Am I alone in thinking that as long as we finish Top 4 and enter the finals fit, healthy and in reasonable form then we are in with a decent shot at B2B?

Of course we need to try and do everything possible to secure Top 2, but we are in a tougher spot this year. Before the 29th September 2018, I would have said that this group needs to be Top 2 in order to have a hope of winning the flag... What they achieved that day has given me the confidence and hope that they are capable of anything (except winning at Feral Park and the SCG 😛). It’s going to be a hectic second half of the season with lots of twists and turns, but we are more than capable of beating Geelong or Collingwood at the G and the Giants at Spotless if it was to come to that. Let’s buckle up and get ready for the rollercoaster :)

Yes. Historically for WA teams top 2 = Grand final. No top 2 = no grand final. If we vs Geelong away game (prelim) we will 100% lose the prelim.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes. Historically for WA teams top 2 = Grand final. No top 2 = no grand final. If we vs Geelong away game (prelim) we will 100% lose the prelim.

It still makes me absolutely nauseous to think about it, but there is a modern example of that not being true - Fremantle 2013 🤢

There are so many variables in play. All I am saying is that if we hit the finals in form, with a healthy list and with the week off prior to freshen up and prepare, we can beat one of the current top three away in Week 1. Then happy days - another week off and home prelim 👍 I certainly am not going to write this group off after what they achieved last year.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
That's right - in case it hasn't been mentioned before -if we finish in top 4, it has to be 2 or 3, otherwise there's a chance we play the Cats at Moggy Park!! And that sucks bigtime! Although Freo have done it.
I wonder if the Cats -who have been up for a long time- somehow start to unravel or drop a couple in 2nd half of season?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I alone in thinking that as long as we finish Top 4 and enter the finals fit, healthy and in reasonable form then we are in with a decent shot at B2B?...

Nope. I said the other day we are a great shot as long as we top 4. I back our guys to win anywhere* to set up a home prelim, we are quality on the road when we need to be.

*does not include SCG or KP :sick:

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Didnt we win one of our flags from 3rd or 4th?

Or did we just lose the first week of finals at home?
We won 1992 from 4th buy the system was different then. Beat hawks at home, then beat geelong at MCG in some kind of semi that sent the winner straight to GF. Geelong then played a prelim the next week and returned for the grand final and some matera magic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back