Prediction Changes Vs Bombers r14 2019

Tipa or Fantasia will be Nelson’s targets it seems Cole gets smacked for Papaley kicking 5 goals..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would have assumed he would go to Begley (Hurn on Laverde, Sheppard on Fantasia, Schofield on Brown, Gov on Smack, Jetta/Duggan on Walla)

Schofield will go to McKernan I reckon, with Gov taking (zoning off) Brown
Reason I have it the other way is that Smack is more your stay at home player that Gov can manipulate, whereas Brown is constantly on his bike.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Very. Midfield drafting and development has been laughably bad for a number of years.
Our midfield drafting and development has been bad for about 10 years - yet we still managed to win a flag. It has made me question the importance of the midfield over the KPP, if you look at other teams like the Hawks, they have also had success with an OK midfield (maybe one or two starts but nothing like the depth of Collingwood or Geelong at the moment) as well as high performing KPP that create a very even team overall.

For us, we have spent our picks on obtaining KPP over midfield, and have been very poor at finding diamonds in the rough in the middle (so many wasted 2nd round selections). Our trading for mids has been quite good however, and I suspect that will continue with the club obtaining Kelly.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I would have assumed he would go to Begley (Hurn on Laverde, Sheppard on Fantasia, Schofield on Brown, Gov on Smack, Jetta/Duggan on Walla)

I’m thinking Nelson to Walla hard tag up and down the ground as he’s a barometer to the Essendon wins ..
I overrate Nelson sometimes while others think he is not up to it , so may not happen..
Jetta/Duggan to Begley to possibly get off on the rebounding the other matchups are likely..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So laughably bad that we won the flag last year.

Criticise? Yeah. Hyperbole? Nah.

I think you know i'm not talking about our starting midfield. Which we've cobbled together from trades and recruitment.

Do i really have to rattle off how bad our midfield development and drafting has been over the last 7-9 years?

That Sheed and Gaff are the only remotely successful midfielders we have drafted and developed since 2009?

Other than Sheed. Do we have any AFL quality midfielders between the age of 19 and 27 that we have produced? Any quality in our depth?

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I'm happy to have Masten in. Smith is terrible and shouldn't play again.

Don't get me wrong, Masten needed to be dropped and imo it should have been earlier.

But I'm not yet writing him off. He contributed well last year and was a necessary cog in a premiership machine.

And he responds well to being dropped. Masten goes back and dominates, which is often not the case with senior players in questionable form. Really, he's a player who needs to be dropped at times, to regain his focus.

So I hope he goes well. It's not like we have much left in the wings. And if he can't add value, he should and will be dropped, but let's hope that's not the case. He's a bloody premiership hero.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm happy to have Masten in. Smith is terrible and shouldn't play again.

Don't get me wrong, Masten needed to be dropped and imo it should have been earlier.

But I'm not yet writing him off. He contributed well last year and was a necessary cog in a premiership machine.

And he responds well to being dropped. Masten goes back and dominates, which is often not the case with senior players in questionable form. Really, he's a player who needs to be dropped at times, to regain his focus.

So I hope he goes well. It's not like we have much left in the wings. And if he can't add value, he should and will be dropped, but let's hope that's not the case. He's a bloody premiership hero.
wasn't there something about him being dropped and taught new tactics or such? curious...what we will see tonight?

Nigellathechook

Debutant
Aug 10, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I think you know i'm not talking about our starting midfield. Which we've cobbled together from trades and recruitment.

Do i really have to rattle off how bad our midfield development and drafting has been over the last 7-9 years?

That Sheed and Gaff are the only remotely successful midfielders we have drafted and developed since 2009?

Other than Sheed. Do we have any AFL quality midfielders between the age of 19 and 27 that we have produced? Any quality in our depth?

Venables...

hopefully is how to not get caught holding the ball.
any way of finding out a players ratio of games to caught holding the ball?

This is another in the long line of Chris Masten fallacies.

Masten has given away 142 frees in his entire career. Even if you arbitrarily assume that every single one was a holding the ball free, which is a massive stretch, that’s still only 0.69 frees against per game.

Two frees against in his seven games this season. Again, assuming they’re both for HTB (I wouldn’t have a clue what they were but let’s guess), getting caught HTB once every 14 quarters isn’t an issue.

I’m not exactly thrilled that he’s our best replacement option, but if we’re going to tar and feather our own at least make it semi fair.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Tell me it was just a cruel practical joke that I was told that masten was selected
Come on. It's qtr time and he's tearing it up. 2 disposals and 2 ranking points. That's 2 more than Fantasia!
More Masten I say.
Give him another 5 years I say.
This guys the future I say.

What I'm really saying is that I'm home sick and feeling pissed off and need to vent.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems the MRP has slipped back into its old habits... Masten and Nelson back in, cos they have both showed multiple times what they provide at AFL level.
Masten will give his lame, no damage 14 possessions and Nelson will get about 5 and try to act tough.
great.
Oooh, so close! Masten gets 13 useless possessions!
But Nelson tears it up with 9! Who would have predicted that!?!
:p

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Oooh, so close! Masten gets 13 useless possessions!
But Nelson tears it up with 9! Who would have predicted that!?!
:p

You didn't rate Nelson's game? I thought he did very well. Tippa had absolutely no influence and scammed a goal which I don't even think was destined for him.

Would like to see him play again next week. Maybe a job on Poppy? Is Poppy even hurting sides these days?

Back