Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

So long as Maynard doesn't take Orazio Fantasia I'll be happy.
I think Maynard is a far, far better defender than he was when that happened - I’d be willing to back him in, although Crisp or Langdon might be a better match up.

I think Maynard is a far, far better defender than he was when that happened - I’d be willing to back him in, although Crisp or Langdon might be a better match up.

That maybe so but I genuinely believe he doesn't have the toe and agility to hang with him. Maynard isn't slow but he also isn't lightning.

Tippa is quick but I think Maynard would have better chances of keeping with him.

Oh you missed a treat, Sheedy decided he wanted the record for the most brothers in a game so in the final home and away game he rested all your stars to play the 4 Daniher brothers (a few were in the magoos) and then Collingwood draws with West Coast in the final forcing a replay and suddenly your rested stars have barely played in a month. It was hilarious, but we'll take it being the very first AFL Premiership and all.
your turn Pendles...
1555900848731.png

We have had some years under Buckley where we have been very good defensively but couldn't kick a winning score. I think it is easier to create a dour gameplan and have the average players execute it, then to have an attacking plan and have average players execute that well.

So the value off consistent goal kicking and matching winning forwards big, medium and small is of slightly higher value and also much harder to find increasing the value.
I do agree that you need both ends working well to win a flag but I feel you can fill those roles with lesser players in defence better then the other end that's not to say you don't need talented types in the def 6 mix (either if you get what I mean hopefully Ive explained myself well).

Who do you think is more important for WCE, Kennedy or MacGovern? I'd say MacGovern comfortably, because he causes teams to alter the way they transition the footy. I think we are more and more going to see elite aerialists play in defence, like we are doing with Moore.

So long as Maynard doesn't take Orazio Fantasia I'll be happy.
It won't happen if the doctors give Aish the all clear, but I think that if we go with Greenwood in instead of Aish, we'll be better equipped to cover Orazio and Tippa.

I haven't actually seen it happen, so maybe it isn't an issue, but it always feels like Aish's pace could get exposed by players like them.

It won't happen if the doctors give Aish the all clear, but I think that if we go with Greenwood in instead of Aish, we'll be better equipped to cover Orazio and Tippa.

I haven't actually seen it happen, so maybe it isn't an issue, but it always feels like Aish's pace could get exposed by players like them.

If Greenwood comes in my match up for him would be Smith who is likely to play forward. I reckon he'd shut him right out and nullify him. They'll be looking to transition through Smith a bit and also need his pressure so that would give our other rebounders a leg up too.

Has he been holding onto the ball a bit more, been a bit more creative in his use of it? He's always had a decent side-step, but maybe the slimmed-down version of Rupert has given him more dash?
Looks slightly quicker and is finding some outside ball now. Still mostly an inside mid with minimal tricks though.

Our AFL clearances have been an issue though, so Wills would mean we don’t need to move DeGoey as much.

If Greenwood comes in my match up for him would be Smith who is likely to play forward. I reckon he'd shut him right out and nullify him. They'll be looking to transition through Smith a bit and also need his pressure so that would give our other rebounders a leg up too.
I'd forgotten about him. They do have a pretty handy batch of small forwards/flankers.

It won't happen and I do say this every week, but I'd really like us to bring in an additional small for Roughhead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayne will be straight back in the seniors when ready.......bookmark it mike123.
His stats have been skewed by his last game getting injured with only one possession, if you take that game out he's averaging 27 disposals (more than Pendles and Sidebottom) with only Treloar and Beams ahead of him.

Appleby would have been the player to come in for Aish if required but it would appear at this stage that injury will put a stop to those plans.

If Aish doesn't get up could Quaynor be a somewhat surprising inclusion given the makeup of the Essendon forward line?

Thats fine, and I think most Collingwood supporters would agree with you. But when an Essendope supporter comes on here and says that "Hurley shits on Roughead from a great height", Colliongwood supporters will defend their own.

The supporter of drug cheats can save that rubbish for their own putrid message board.

But Essendon supporters all say they are innocent and hard done by........their arrogance is returning despite having not won a premiership in 19 years

The only reason why the afl think that Collingwood and Essendon are rivals is because we are the two biggest clubs in Australia. Remember we have not played in a final since the grand final 1990

Then when was the last time we played Carlton in a Final?

Then when was the last time we played Carlton in a Final?

In 1988! Carlton is not a rival anymore. They have been pathetic for far to long to be a rival!! Collingwood supporters over 50 years old hate Carlton but anyone younger then that don’t really have any hatered towards Carlton because they have been irrelevant for more then 20 years

Last edited:
In 1988! Carlton is not a rival anymore. They have been pathetic for far to long to be a rival!! Collingwood supporters over 50 years old hate Carlton but anyone younger then that don’t really have any hatered towards Carlton because they have been relevant for more then 20 years

I am younger but I still hate Carltscum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back