Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Greenwood isn't slow.

I'm with you. I reckon Levi is physically elite - a great combination of strength, pace and endurance - it's why he's sustained an AFL career for so long despite being the worst kick in the league outside of ruckman and Casboult.

But then again, I used to think Degoey was a bit one-paced, so I shouldn't really comment on matters of pace.

Is Stephenson fast?

I'm with you. I reckon Levi is physically elite - a great combination of strength, pace and endurance - it's why he's sustained an AFL career for so long despite being the worst kick in the league outside of ruckman and Casboult.

But then again, I used to think Degoey was a bit one-paced, so I shouldn't really comment on matters of pace.

Is Stephenson fast?

DDDDDD.gif

I reckon our midfield looks better when we don't run a tagger. If Aish is out, with injury concerns over Appleby, and Quaynors indifferent form, Greenwood is still the likely inclusion. I'd just run him on Smith at half back. I'm not a fan of the idea of shifting Varcoe back because I think he gets a bit exposed as a defender and his pressure forward and sitting off contests will be important against a pacy Dons side.

We're about the same age jmac, and I'll only be happy when the Carlton football club dissolves and we throw salt into the ground so nothing can grow at Princes Park again.

I think the salinisation process has already begun at Princes Park as they are already pretty salty people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon is getting talked up a lot in the media on the back of beating Melbourne, Brisbane and North.

Obviously we haven't beaten any contenders yet either but I think the media is going a bit early with their Essendon has turned it around angle

Richmond imo are a contender.

I am struggling to recall the last good game that he diden;t tag. In any case he's too slow for our already too slow side. We either play a tagger and use him to tag or we blood Daicos would be my preference. I can't see wht we'd tag anyone from Essendon. Our midfield is much deeper so we should just go tow to tow. Eventually they will have a second string combination against our first string and we should take advantage.

Is Dusty slow?

Prelim last year he has 14 kicks, 2 handballs, lays 10 tackles and gives 6 I50s and 3 clearances.

Play him on Merrett and we have genuine inside grunt and it frees up Adams to blanket Shiels and Treloar to keep doing what he does.

It's a big stage where over the years a lot of the big stars have shined.(clenching fist and teeth as he recalls Hird) My money is on Degoey.

No need to clench teeth. Hird was an outstanding footballer who I rate as the best I have seen. Maybe GAB Junior is the only contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to clench teeth. Hird was an outstanding footballer who I rate as the best I have seen. Maybe GAB Junior is the only contender.

Hird was an inexplicably great player. Amongst his large bag of tricks, he was a bit like Pendles in that would be tacklers couldn't touch him, but with Pendles you can see every sublime baulk and feign that he uses to trick the tacklers. With Hird, whatever he did to keep the tacklers at bay was so subtle that it appeared to be the work of sorcery that caused blokes to miss him and clutch at air.

Still can't stand him and he's always made me clench into fight preperation mode.

Fair to say both sides will face stiffer opposition this week.

Feeling nervous as Essendon at it's best play a similar style to our winning form of last year with our midfield depth hopefully proving enough of a difference on Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back