Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people still asking about Sier? Walshy just announced that hes injured his toe and is out for 1-2 weeks

With Aish out, does Greenwood play back? We usually like to have a group of 7 back there. Maybe Varcoe back?

Yes but how many years has that Been?
Less than 2 years Dave, since he was our leading goal kicker. He hasn’t lost any ability, but our spread of goal kickers is greater now, which is a good thing. Doesn’t make him any less valuable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had ice on it after the game, so I suppose its not really a surprise.

Howe also had ice on his upper thigh after the game. Maybe why Reid is an emergency.

Yeah I'd forgotten that. I hope it isn't a muscle tear.

Thought Wells May have snuck in ahead of WHE off the back of two VFL games. Also thought Goldy May have been picked ahead of Levi unless Bucks is thinking flexibility of a tagging role.

Thought Wells May have snuck in ahead of WHE off the back of two VFL games. Also thought Goldy May have been picked ahead of Levi unless Bucks is thinking flexibility of a tagging role.

I think with Goldsack vs Greenwood they'd be conscious of who can win ground level footy. Aish is pretty good in this area, as is Greenwood, whereas Goldsack its a weakness. He hasn't been in great touch in the twos either. Wells could have been a good option for Aish though! Probably not defensive enough though.

Disappointing :( hope it doesn’t turn into a 4 week corked buttock.
Elliott’s absence just thickens the soup.

I think with Goldsack vs Greenwood they'd be conscious of who can win ground level footy. Aish is pretty good in this area, as is Greenwood, whereas Goldsack its a weakness. He hasn't been in great touch in the twos either. Wells could have been a good option for Aish though! Probably not defensive enough though.
I think they’re sort of moving away from Tyson.
In some ways that’s good news.
A great guy, trier, clubman, puts everything in.
But maybe now we just have better talent and skilled types that have passed his level.

Disappointing news about Elliott.

Can anyone recall him suffering a knock to the bum cheeks last week?

I only hope it's a cork as reported and not hamstring related.

The ideal (and probably fairer) preparation for Hoskin-Elliott would have been able to find some touch in the VFL for a week or two before returning to the seniors but I'm not opposed to this selection decision though it does carry a degree of risk.

Coaches rarely squander the opportunity to install very good players back into the 22 promptly after injury so this decision is probably testament to how highly Hoskin-Elliott is rated and suggests a degree of comfort on his physical conditioning.

Most likely we'll ease him back into AFL level football like we have done with Elliott and he'll spend the majority of his time patrolling the forward 50.

Just a little bit fragile now, WHE won't be match fit, Varcoe and Greenwood have been in and out for a reason, lose a bit of speed with Aish, and a couple of our big pigs in Mayne and Sier aren't available. Apples would have come in too without his injury. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back