Prediction Changes vs Bombers ~ Round 6 2019 (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

MarkT2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2009
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
WHE was rusty early but the longer the game went the more in tune he looked. Not sure how he'll back to a short week. Might be an out for Elliot next week. Greenwood was average and is the logical out for Aish unless Varcoe is held to account for his usual sucession of average games before turning it on - frustrating player.

WHE was rusty early but the longer the game went the more in tune he looked. Not sure how he'll back to a short week. Might be an out for Elliot next week.
8 days is a short week?

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers for the week, it was enjoyable for the most part. You guys deserved it today and Pendles is a champ.
what.gif

Cheers for the week, it was enjoyable for the most part. You guys deserved it today and Pendles is a champ.
Bloody good game. From a Collingwood perspective, it had a horrible Zaharakis .....Zaharakis feel about it, stoked we held on. Your small and medium defenders are a lot better than I gave them credit for - I thought they were fantastic today. Really good unit back there. Would have preferred him to wait another week, but it's good for footy that Daniher had his mojo back. Stringer too.

Collingwooditis

Debutant
Oct 11, 2007
Sunshine Coast, Qld
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Can go *&@% themselves!
Easy one. Pencil Apples for Aish if necessary. No other decisions to be made til the Magoos play tomorrow. Flynn is certainly the guy standing up in the twos, but be wary about replacing a guy off 7 days with one off 6. And a guy coming off a great win with one off a bad loss (maybe).
Guys playing well in the 2s must be rewarded, but Ess coming off a big win, we MUST beat them.
Sorry you felt that way about it mate, I've made my distaste for Aish pretty obvious over the last few games.
Perhaps the Brisbane Board would be the place to air that view. It boggles my mind why anyone would want to trash our players. Not in the "How could you be so horrible" sense, just in the "huh?" sense.
I mean if you thought he was deliberately playing below his best, or he cheated on your sister, fair enough. But to me James Aish has one thing which should recommend him to all of us. He plays for Collingwood. Hard to call the guy a dud, he's only 23, & has had lousy luck with injuries, his best is in the future. Some guys shine from day 1, others don't. Guys like Stevo, who hit the ground running, are very hard to find!
Aish has excellent skills & Is certainly improving, and Apples is injured anyway. Aish is a top ten pick & showed plenty at Brisbane, but hasn't been able to get a consistent position to make his own. He's certainly started to become part of the back six, but will have to play bloody well to hold his spot with Apples improving & Shaz a walk in if he ever gets back.
We have too much talent, that's a fact, so guys will be playing 2s who would be a walk up start at most clubs. The key is to ensure these kids are loving it at the Westpac, & see a flag as a gettable part of their future, because guys like Izzy, Will Kelly & Ty Brown are the future & just being in the same outfit as guys like Pendles, Treloar, Beams & Steelo will make them better. Aish MUST move to the next level in the next year or two, & he knows it. Meanwhile you'd always prefer an experienced guy in the really big games to one thats done well in the 2s but only has 5 games in the seniors.

Easy one. Pencil Apples for Aish if necessary. No other decisions to be made til the Magoos play tomorrow. Flynn is certainly the guy standing up in the twos, but be wary about replacing a guy off 7 days with one off 6. And a guy coming off a great win with one off a bad loss (maybe).
Guys playing well in the 2s must be rewarded, but Ess coming off a big win, we MUST beat them.

Perhaps the Brisbane Board would be the place to air that view. It boggles my mind why anyone would want to trash our players. Not in the "How could you be so horrible" sense, just in the "huh?" sense.
I mean if you thought he was deliberately playing below his best, or he cheated on your sister, fair enough. But to me James Aish has one thing which should recommend him to all of us. He plays for Collingwood. Hard to call the guy a dud, he's only 23, & has had lousy luck with injuries, his best is in the future. Some guys shine from day 1, others don't. Guys like Stevo, who hit the ground running, are very hard to find!
That's all fair enough, though this was sorted out a while back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back