Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Ummm anyone?

Bruhn for Daniels(if he is out)

Maybe Mummy to rest with Flynn back in?

Shipley as emergency.
I think Mummy actually jumped today...He looks trimmer, I guess. But I would still like to see Flynn back if he's fit.
Bruhn or Stone I would be happy with.
Shipley is my preferred sub. I would like to see him develop with more opportunities.

Last edited:

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Sam Reid had ice on his leg so may not get up for next week, having just come back from a hammy injury. Daniels & Buntine will be out you'd think.

So, Bruhn for Binga perhaps. And Stone for Reid maybe.

I'd like to see Flynn back - Mummy was good again, but we need to get games into Flynn. Even, drop Finlayson who showed some back body language again, and use Flynn as third forward and halve ruck time with Mummy.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
well buntine can’t play for 12 days so he’s a definite out.
binga is gone you’d think
reid would have to be doubtful
and who the f** knows with Mummy

wait to see the report from the game against southport before I consider ins

Whitfield looked like he'd never been away.
The running yes, the kicking a bit less so. Some really uncharacteristic turn-overs where only a Crows player was going to mark his kick. No doubt he'll be better for the run though.

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Probably a week too early but Lloyd is due back next week (probably through 2’s)

Assuming non of them get up.
Bruhn for Daniels
Wehr for Ried
Stone for Buntine (sub)

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I'd like to see Flynn back - Mummy was good again, but we need to get games into Flynn. Even, drop Finlayson who showed some back body language again, and use Flynn as third forward and halve ruck time with Mummy.

I very strongly agree with this Ruck/Forward recommendation.

In addition to all the sound strategic footy reasons, we also just HAVE to get Flynn the confidence boost of an AFL win.

Riccardi’s textbook performance in the 2s today just has to be rewarded for me, and a huge tick to our coaches for testing him as a KPD.

Keefe has been very strong for us in 2021 and does not deserve to be dropped. However, if there’s really no where else for Riccardi to play I’d be inclined to give Keefe a ‘Rested’ week and throw Riccardi in as a KPD.

It would be great to know what Riccardi could do as an AFL KPD before we go into some very tough fixtures in R9-R11.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Riccardi’s textbook performance in the 2s today just has to be rewarded for me, and a huge tick to our coaches for testing him as a KPD.

Keefe has been very strong for us in 2021 and does not deserve to be dropped. However, if there’s really no where else for Riccardi to play I’d be inclined to give Keefe a ‘Rested’ week and throw Riccardi in as a KPD.

It would be great to know what Riccardi could do as an AFL KPD before we go into some very tough fixtures in R9-R11.
I don't know whether I'd want to upset the rhythm of the defensive set-up by resting Keeffe just yet, but I agree that I wouldn't mind seeing Riccardi in a KPD role at some point. We've been wondering about getting the next KPD to follow on from Davis ... and perhaps Riccardi could be that man. Or just a good swing option to cover absences both forward and back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The def is the least experienced line we have. Keefe sitting on 70 games was the “old head” in the backline. Obviously he won’t get dropped next week, but that young line was brilliant.

riccardi might be a win there.... but one game isn’t enough. If he is doing well in two weeks he is a maybe

butcontinuity is just so important.... injuries are forcing enough changes as it is

Interesting reading so far. Think you guys come in as reasonably warm favourites.

Flynn vs Bryan would be exciting to watch for both clubs but I suspect you just make the forced changes.

Interesting reading so far. Think you guys come in as reasonably warm favourites.

Flynn vs Bryan would be exciting to watch for both clubs but I suspect you just make the forced changes.

Greater Western Sydney

Essendon

3 forced changes due to injury can't see them making anymore than that however with our selections panel who knows who will get the nod🤦‍♂️

I was actually fairly confident going into the Crows game. I now have a misguided overconfidence now, and expect a comfortable victory.

I also know that posting this will absolutely backfire.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
This is a game we should win. Our midfield is looking the goods and the forward line looks so much better with Hogan in the mix.

The backline will be stretched and s now our weakest line on the park. They have some decent forwards but also are playing a relatively young team.

We should blow them away in the middle

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
This is a game we should win.

We should blow them away in the middle

I still have nightmares about the Bombers game at Docklands in 2019. That was another game we "should" have won.

Every time I see the words "should" and "win" in a preview, I pull the covers over my head.

I still have nightmares about the Bombers game at Docklands in 2019. That was another game we "should" have won.

Every time I see the words "should" and "win" in a preview, I pull the covers over my head.
Flew down for that game 🙄

So on the should win theory and being burnt, I’m not going to wipe their midfield completely off considering they don’t have the butcher playing

They are also capable of scoring 100+

I was actually fairly confident going into the Crows game. I now have a misguided overconfidence now, and expect a comfortable victory.

I also know that posting this will absolutely backfire.
Same I feel we win and win well. I also feel that this over confidence could easily haunt me.

We are still a young team, young teams have off days. Hopefully not this week. Or if we do, we still manage to find a way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back