Prediction Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

We are the number one contested ball side in the comp but now we’re s**tting our pants because 0xAA Lachie Neale has had a couple of decent games this year? Why make such a drastic change from last week. Duursma is the fittest bloke in the bloody comp, he doesn’t need a rest.

And whilst I’m at it, we lost last time because we had an inadequate forward structure that allowed Josh Walker to take us to the cleaners, not because Lachie Neale had 28 handballs.
Thank you for your input on Duursma Mr HP manager 🤣

This feels like another Hinkley maverick move that will lose us the game. If we're going to rest 'Sma why not just leave it to next week when we play Richmond away at the MCG in a game which we can pretty much write off as a L. He was just chomping at the bit to get Sutcliffe in there.

I feel much more confident in us beating the tiges at the mcg than in many of our other remaining fixtures

Don’t really mind Duursma going out for a rest. Need him next week against Richmond.

Powell-Pepper is a victim of the fact that he didn’t actually deserve to play against Adelaide - it wasn’t like his SANFL performance was outstanding the way that Westhoff and Rocky’s was. I wouldn’t have dropped him, but it’s not a huge deal.

Sutcliffe might surprise. Never underestimate a guy who is given a second chance at AFL football.

Would Drew not make more sense that Sutcliffe for the same role?
I see your point but Cam may be an old fashioned tagger. When tagging was an art form. I've heard a few commentators saying that tagging may come back in vogue. A tagger needs to intimidate their opponent. Give them cheap shots while the ref isn't looking. Scrag them even when their heading back to the bench. When people saw Josh Carr coming their way, they new they were in for a bad day.

Apparently the Ramsgate kicked off because Ricciuto had been tagged by Josh in the Showdown. Ricciuto was wearing burgundy shoes at the Ramsgate and Josh asked him where his matching hand bag was. That is what kicked it off. Talking about dedication to your task...

Last edited:
Sutcliffe has looked nothing more than an average SANFL player all season, this is very similar to the last Showdown when we dropped Butters for AJ who had 7 possessions and zero goals in the SANFL
I see your point but Cam may be an old fashioned tagger. When tagging was an art form. I've heard a few commentators saying that tagging may come back in vogue. A tagger needs to intimidate their opponent. Give them cheap shots while the ref isn't looking. Scrag them even when their heading back to the bench. When people saw Josh Carr coming their way, they new they were in for a bad day.

Apparently the Ramsgate kicked off because Ricciuto had been tagged by Josh in the Showdown. Ricciuto was wearing burgundy shoes at the Ramsgate and Josh asked him where his matching hand bag was. That is what kicked it off. Talking about dedication to your task...

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I give up. All our players are duds and we might as well just bring back the tarps.

we all know the negatives of choosing this player but if or team had a genuine tagger he'd be playing. Cam is a Port Adelaide player that is debuting for us. I wish him good luck.

We lose a bit of outside run with Duursma out but obviously we prioritise shutting down a key part of their engine room in Neale over beating them on the outside. Fair call considering Neale's season and importance to Brisbane. Duursma deserves a rest.

As for SPP, he suffers as being surplus to requirements in our own engine room and having also been gifted a game against Adelaide when he was meant to be building up form in the twos. Rockliff and Boak are automatic inclusions in the midfield, so the third and final spot is left between SPP and Ollie. Ollie had the better game in the Showdown and SPP had an asterisk next to his name as the emergency inclusion, simple selection really.

What's Sutcliffe speed like? I worry that dropping an elite runner against Brisbane was 100% the wrong thing to do. Also, SPP was our best mid when we played them earlier in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer Mayes over Sutcliffe, but I guess they have their reasons.

SPP for Boak is ******* awesome, and anyone complaining can seriously shut the * up about gold passes for the next 10 years. Keeping SPP in the side would’ve meant he played up forward more, or Boak played up forward more, or Robbie our best midfielder of all time Gray played more up forward. It would have been a terrible decision.

Would you lot really have preferred to see Butters out?

I would prefer Mayes over Sutcliffe, but I guess they have their reasons.

SPP for Boak is ******* awesome, and anyone complaining can seriously shut the fu** up about gold passes for the next 10 years. Keeping SPP in the side would’ve meant he played up forward more, or Boak played up forward more, or Robbie our best midfielder of all time Gray played more up forward. It would have been a terrible decision.

Would you lot really have preferred to see Butters out?
Probably won't be deal breaker, but there's 4 spots on bench. Heavily rotate your midfield bulls. SPP great impact player & point of difference. Yep, I'd rest Butters for this game.

Those changes are weird I remember spp use to burn Neale in our previous games. Those boys definitely did something off field to dropped especially for Sutcliffe

This has a Schofield/Monty feel about it, trying something new, which I suppose I'm ok with.

Not going to melt when the changes could work. It's not like Aidyn in as a forward tagger.

Sorry about SPP, but if it causes him to start thinking about valuing his disposals more seriously then ok. I still think he is going to be an excellent player for us.

I am more concerned that we carry the good form into this game and get the win.

(And have a great game Cam)

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t like either of the outs , hopefully Duursmax is being freshened up and Sam is being told to work on something specific because they’re still best 22 for mine .

Just re-watched the Showdown. Boy was Duursma good. The ground he covers and his ability to be in the right place at the right time is awesome. We’re going to miss him against Brisbane. I would have been inclined to try Houston as the tagger again or even DBJ rather than drop Duursma for Sutcliffe.

They have a lot of data on players these days, and can predict when players need a rest to avoid injury. Ken seemed to want to ignore that data though so who knows, but I’d predict that’s why Duursma is being rested.

I hope Westhoff plays off the wing in Xavier’s place, but maybe it’ll be something dumb like Motlop?

Everyone’s focusing on Neale, but who gets the job on Cameron? Bonner would get destroyed in so many ways, and DBJ would struggle with his speed....I see that being the real concern.

They have a lot of data on players these days, and can predict when players need a rest to avoid injury.

Except when Burton has hamstring awareness against Collingwood and then pings it 5 minutes into a Showdown the following week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back