Preview Changes vs Brisbane

Is it curtains for Curtin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to say Nicks making us fans see Ned for one more time before we beg for the sweet relief of Lachie Murphy in comparison is his most brilliant 4D chess coaching move of the season.
Ned is setting a new performance floor in the non statistical role. He has been truly awful and bottom 3 on the ground each week.

Murphy will look like a gun when he comes back in comparison.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Curtin retained AND not going to be sub.

Murphy NOT rushed back in.

McHenry or Smith hopefully Sub.

I'll take that folks... I'll take that.

View attachment 1984991
As stated before, I'm not a Cook fan but at least he's being given opportunities to show what he's got by being retained. Last chance, maybe?
Smith's retention was predictable; he'd better produce.

Curtin retained, excellent.

“We are jot going to make changes unless it makes the side better”

Wow…

This club hasnt changed at all..

If it thinks leaving mchenry and smith in is essential as there is currently no one else they could replace them with that would “make the side better”.. then they are simply no good at selection and their eyes are fxxkn painted on.

Imagine being a young player at this club watching the utter garbage mchenry has dished up for weeks now and hearing that line from the club…

Playing with 22 instead of playing Smith achieves that. There was never any doubt that Smith would remain, experience + continuity reigns supreme. It's a deep-seated club philosophy.

For mine Jones moves up to the wing, Cook plays forward. Wing duties shared between Jones/Sholl/Nankervis and maybe some Cook and others, Smith goes back with less defensive time for Nank/Jones.

Think that's about the structure no matter what.
We desperately need a 10 possession game from Jones on the wing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very very happy Murphy isn't in the team and we are persisting with Cook for his 6th game in a row.

Hope we go a back 6 of Butts, Keane, Max, Curtin, Worrell, Hinge with Nank/Jones having cameo's across halfback. Would like to see Smith given a chance to play further up the ground.

Likewise.

Lots of faith shown in Cook. He would want to have a breakout game soon and not dip too low with his disposal count.

I'm not convinced he will make it but lets find out. We don't learn anything playing Murphy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very very happy Murphy isn't in the team and we are persisting with Cook for his 6th game in a row.

Hope we go a back 6 of Butts, Keane, Max, Curtin, Worrell, Hinge with Nank/Jones having cameo's across halfback. Would like to see Smith given a chance to play further up the ground.

I'd like to see Smith further up the ground. In the SANFL team.

Murphy had a decent SANFL game by the looks.

Cook and McHenry are the two who could go out. The position is theirs to lose as it stands however.

Murphy for McHenry is a wash.

Murphy for Cook would be a step backwards. Pray that Cook has a good game this week. He's had a block of chances and hasn't nailed it.

Murphy had a decent SANFL game by the looks.

Cook and McHenry are the two who could go out. The position is theirs to lose as it stands however.

Murphy for McHenry is a wash.

Murphy for Cook would be a step backwards. Pray that Cook has a good game this week. He's had a block of chances and hasn't nailed it.
I can live with McHenry & Murphy rotating as sub.

I can live with McHenry & Murphy rotating as sub.
Would be perfect

For whatever faults they have, they do add energy so would be ideal sub options

Genuine question and genuinely not wanting to start a huge sh*tfight between Murphy supporters and the people who watch us play 😛

What role do the coaches want Murphy to play in The side?

Generally the HF/FP is either there to kick goals, apply defensive pressure and help keep the ball in attack and force turnovers, or they push up and are then are setting up goals for teammates.

Murphy does none of these things to any high standard, his role seems purely to be an extra mid at stoppages around the ground so why not pick an extra mid if that’s what they want or pick an actual forward if they want that.

Genuine question and genuinely not wanting to start a huge sh*tfight between Murphy supporters and the people who watch us play 😛

What role do the coaches want Murphy to play in The side?

Generally the HF/FP is either there to kick goals, apply defensive pressure and help keep the ball in attack and force turnovers, or they push up and are then are setting up goals for teammates.

Murphy does none of these things to any high standard, his role seems purely to be an extra mid at stoppages around the ground so why not pick an extra mid if that’s what they want or pick an actual forward if they want that.
I'm sure I heard Matthew Wright once describe him as "like having an on field coach"

So yelling and pointing at teammates about where they should be etc
I wonder if the coaches get blinkered looking at their part of the game - structures, instructions, game plan etc

And blind to the actual kicking, marking, handballing, decision making, getting the ball etc

Back