Strategy Changes Vs Bulldogs Take 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: ANB, Smith, Lewis

In: Baker, Hannan, Vince

If they’re going to play J Smith up forward do it in the VFL please. Lewis won’t get dropped but a man can dream.

I like these, except maybe Bugg instead of Hannan. And like you say, it won't happen.

I’d rather another mid sized forward than smith playing forward

I don't think I would be making any changes.

Smith the closest to being dropped but I don't think we have a like for like replacement. Seemed like he was thrown forward out of necessity with the way Freo flooded back?

I don't want to yo-yo Weid back into the team and just end up too top heavy again.

I don't think I would be making any changes.

Smith the closest to being dropped but I don't think we have a like for like replacement. Seemed like he was thrown forward out of necessity with the way Freo flooded back?

I don't want to yo-yo Weid back into the team and just end up too top heavy again.
Goody said Smith was injured so they hid him in the forward 50 so they could keep up the rotations on the bench. He will probably be a forced change this week id say if he cant recover in time.

Goody said Smith was injured so they hid him in the forward 50 so they could keep up the rotations on the bench. He will probably be a forced change this week id say if he cant recover in time.

Ah right, fair enough!

I'd probably say we keep Fritsch further back and look at Hannan or Kent as replacements then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casey kept Norf Melbourne goalless in the VFL. Tyson, Bugg, VDB, Hannan all had 12 plus tackles (I didn't watch the game just going off stats which I kniw can be misleading)

I don't really want Tyson back and VDB it's too soon but given we're coming back from Darwin are we a chance of making a few changes?

At the least I'd go for

IN: Bugg ( or hannan)
OUT: Smith

Casey kept Norf Melbourne goalless in the VFL. Tyson, Bugg, VDB, Hannan all had 12 plus tackles (I didn't watch the game just going off stats which I kniw can be misleading)

I don't really want Tyson back and VDB it's too soon but given we're coming back from Darwin are we a chance of making a few changes?

At the least I'd go for

IN: Bugg ( or hannan)
OUT: Smith
It was pouring rain

At least a month, taking longer than expected.

I'd drop Smith for Wagner.

Would love to see Kent back in the team. Doesn't need to prove anything except his fitness.
Ah, that's a shame.

Yeah I hate the idea of bringing in Wagner, but we've tried every other defender bar Kielty and Johnston.

In reality, the key thing is that we give Frost a solid month to find form rather than Goody chopping and changing him and Garlett should we lose next week.

Am I the only one who still would rather Lewis than Vince? For me it still isn’t even close.

Edit - maybe it is slightly closer than I originally said, Vince I just think isn’t a defence and in that position isn’t kicking as well as he used too.

Then he isn’t a midfielder anymore, so maybe he could be an upgrade on ANB/Spargo?

Last edited:
Out: ANB, Smith, Lewis

In: Baker, Hannan, Vince

If they’re going to play J Smith up forward do it in the VFL please. Lewis won’t get dropped but a man can dream.
He was up full forward because injured so couldn’t move freely. He will be out this week for sure.

I don't think Weideman will play again this year. We're too tall with him.in the side. I really struggle to see him at our club in the future. TMac, Hogan and Weid simply doesn't work.

I'd drop Smith. He tries hard but looks short of AFL standard tbh. Maybe another pre season and some games in the VFL might see him improve. I'd either bring in Vince or Wagner to replace.

I don't think Weideman will play again this year. We're too tall with him.in the side. I really struggle to see him at our club in the future. TMac, Hogan and Weid simply doesn't work.

I'd drop Smith. He tries hard but looks short of AFL standard tbh. Maybe another pre season and some games in the VFL might see him improve. I'd either bring in Vince or Wagner to replace.

I see a future for Weid, he can play the back up ruck role we need. Hogan has shown he can play up the ground and Tmac can play anywhere. All three can play in the same side but you won’t see them all in the forward 50 at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back