Strategy Changes Vs Bulldogs Take 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The cupboard is pretty bare right now, good luck to JKH though not sure why he'd get picked ahead of Tyson. Don't think it'll make or break the game, we should account for them pretty comfortably and if we can't it won't be because Baker didn't play I reckon.

The cupboard is pretty bare right now
Kent, Tyson, Hannan, Vanders, Bugg. I'd rather see Wager play JKH's role.

Will happily eat s**t if he turns out to have an OK game, but even if he manages to pul out a decent game I'd bet my house he won't ever do it again.

AFAIK JKH got best on for kicking 3 of the 5 goals for the whole game down at the Casey wetlands.

Im not sure his form will translate...

Goodwin to order ground staff to leave the sprinklers on for 24 hours prior to bouncedown...

The cupboard is pretty bare right now, good luck to JKH though not sure why he'd get picked ahead of Tyson. Don't think it'll make or break the game, we should account for them pretty comfortably and if we can't it won't be because Baker didn't play I reckon.
Please tell me no-one actually thinks this.

Literally the role he has been playing in the reserves for 2 years now. Only reason you think he can run and carry is he is a black fella.
lol. what does hos skin colour have anything to do with it?

When he has played in the seniors he has been a small forward or someone on the outside in the midfield

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wait so people think not picking a debutant is going to be the reason we lose? Everyone calm down a touch.

JKH has been consistently good in the VFL this year. There have been others who have been given games without consistent form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he has played in the seniors he has been a small forward or someone on the outside in the midfield

That's because in the seniors they were playing him out of position. TK is spot on. Most people see his skin colour and assume he's a speedy forward pocket.

Then played s**t and dropped because he doesn't play those roles.

Wait so people think not picking a debutant is going to be the reason we lose? Everyone calm down a touch.

JKH has been consistently good in the VFL this year. There have been others who have been given games without consistent form.

I think it's more the fact that we've been badly exposed for run and pace on the MCG this year and we've brought in two slowish blokes and had an opportunity to play Baker, who's by all accounts lightning fast and in excellent form in the VFL.

Please tell me no-one actually thinks this.

Haha I doubt it, but point being that Petty tempered expectations around debutants and JKH deserves a go after 25 and 3 in the wet at Casey. I do agree we need speed though, and think we need to put a heap of time into Hunt when he’s back from injury.

I think it's more the fact that we've been badly exposed for run and pace on the MCG this year and we've brought in two slowish blokes and had an opportunity to play Baker, who's by all accounts lightning fast and in excellent form in the VFL.
And whose kicking can be very suspect.

Victory doesn’t hinge on the non selection of a zero gamer. I understand the argument around using the width of the ground after we got cut up by the Saints, but if we can’t cover the loss of Billy Stretch with the side selected, against the Bulldogs minus Bont, then we have no place being in the 8.

JKH was outstanding in the wet last weekend. He deserves his chance, albeit his last roll of the dice.

And whose kicking can be very suspect.

Victory doesn’t hinge on the non selection of a zero gamer. I understand the argument around using the width of the ground after we got cut up by the Saints, but if we can’t cover the loss of Billy Stretch with the side selected, against the Bulldogs minus Bont, then we have no place being in the 8.

JKH was outstanding in the wet last weekend. He deserves his chance, albeit his last roll of the dice.
Good post. It is concerning from a selection POV that they found the right balance last week but are happy now to revert back to a slower side. As far as this round goes, we should be putting the Dogs away if we have any intention of playing finals. They're already in shutdown mode in a disappointing season, and the room for MFC complacency is theoretically over after the St Kilda debacle.

Kent, Tyson, Hannan, Vanders, Bugg. I'd rather see Wager play JKH's role.

Will happily eat s**t if he turns out to have an OK game, but even if he manages to pul out a decent game I'd bet my house he won't ever do it again.

JKH has earned his spot more than any of them. Vanders wont be able to run out a game for another 3 weeks.

I don't see JKH doing anything too crazy but based on current form he deserves his spot more than others.

Good post. It is concerning from a selection POV that they found the right balance last week but are happy now to revert back to a slower side. As far as this round goes, we should be putting the Dogs away if we have any intention of playing finals. They're already in shutdown mode in a disappointing season, and the room for MFC complacency is theoretically over after the St Kilda debacle.
There’s no doubt Stretch going down is a kick to the bollocks. He provided more of the run we had been missing and he seems to have added a nice sidestep to his kitbag. Last week was one of the rare times they really nailed the selections. But I’m not blowing my lid over the selections this week. Stretch is one player, and this team should be comfortably good enough to win. No excuses.

I think the problem is we get caught out getting sucked into the contest then hurt for leg speed on the outside and in defence.
Bringing in another inside mid and slow defender isnt exactly going to help this.
Genuine outside players like Baker hold their shape across the ground and is what we need on a big ground like the G.
Confused Goody will most probably bring in some outside players when we head down to the cattery next week on the skinniest ground there is, where they're not needed.

Haha I doubt it, but point being that Petty tempered expectations around debutants and JKH deserves a go after 25 and 3 in the wet at Casey. I do agree we need speed though, and think we need to put a heap of time into Hunt when he’s back from injury.
The problem is though, and I've been saying this since Blease, as soon as one of these speedy outside types has a quiet game which they are pretty prone to doing, they get dropped from the side for not 'doing enough defensive acts' or some other bollocks.

We absolutely need 2 or 3 of them in the side but actually continue to play them. Sure, there will be games where they don't really get involved enough, but they will win you more games than they lose. Bottom line is, we have players with weapons that very few in the AFL have, and we don't play them because they aren't defensive tackling robots. It is plain to see what happens when you have a bunch of Dom Tysons in the side..

If he's played well enough at VFL level then I'm ok with him getting his chance.
If he's the difference between us winning or losing this one then we really are f*****d.
Vince is the more perplexing one. Dropped him because we were too slow to carry both him and Lewis in the back 6. I'm tipping he hasn't gained a yard in 2 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back