Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Averaging 14 this year, can't lay a tackle can't mark. Don't pull out ******** 10 year career average stats. How was Peter Sumich doing in his 10th year? Still kicking 100 goals a year, God no!
Masten played well last year but this year has been back to his 2017 form, and by his own admission 2017 was very close to being his last year on the list.
As I said I would much rather see a host of players given a go before him.
His new role has resulted in his decline in possession numbers.
Or are you that blinded by hate that you don't watch the games close enough to see that his role has changed.
Hutchings has played that role for a couple of weeks, notice his disposal numbers.
Oh by the way Rance from Richmond averaged 15 possessions a game over the 16, 17 season.
Stat watchers who don't understand the game or the role players have really are in danger of making fools of themselves.
So who are these great range of players that should get a game before a premiership player who has sweated and bleed for the club for over 200 games.

8d45dc5a683c5149f14232a544ea56de.jpg

Jetta for Nelson incoming. Cameron not even on the extended bench.

So looking at ins.

Jetta for Nelson
& either
AhChee or Smith for Waterman.

Makes my main arguement now that Nic Naitanui will remove Oscar Allen because Nic is going to play 80% fwd.

There is a group of players who are fighting for a role HF/Mid.

Waterman, Venables, AhChee, Smith, Masten

His new role has resulted in his decline in possession numbers.
Or are you that blinded by hate that you don't watch the games close enough to see that his role has changed.
Hutchings has played that role for a couple of weeks, notice his disposal numbers.
Oh by the way Rance from Richmond averaged 15 possessions a game over the 16, 17 season.
Stat watchers who don't understand the game or the role players have really are in danger of making fools of themselves.
So who are these great range of players that should get a game before a premiership player who has sweated and bleed for the club for over 200 games.
I support your overall sentiment that the level of hate for 200-game premiership hero C Masten is unwarranted. But highlighting a key defender's stats which are actually slightly higher than Masto's 2019 'defensive' midfielder stats do no exactly strengthen your argument.

Hickey still injured you'd think. That or they want to reward Vardy for a decent game.last week. Can't imagine they would consider 2 rucks against the Dogs.
HTs new repetition call of Cameron in seems destined to be as I'll informed and oft repeated as 2018 Masten out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah i just want Waterman out.
Im happy with either AhChee or Smith coming in for him. They can kick a ball in that role.

Waterman is a Spud FF. Thats it..
Tom Lee is better than Waterman ffs.

I support your overall sentiment that the level of hate for 200-game premiership hero C Masten is unwarranted. But highlighting a key defender's stats which are actually slightly higher than Masto's 2019 'defensive' midfielder stats do no exactly strengthen your argument.
I get your point but "defensive midfielder"doesn't necessarily describe Masten's role.
Masten has a duel role in 2019. One is to create a loose man in defense and the other is to run and occupy space with the view to discourage the opposition using that space as an avenue to attack. The second role would result in very few if any possessions while the first is dependent on his team mates choosing to use him as an option if needed. So on either front his opportunities are limited or dependent on others.
I have no doubt that if Masten returned to become and attacking wingman pumping kicks into the forward 50 we would see a return to the +21 numbers.

Last edited:
Will Sneezy, or Smith get a run, not so many talls perhaps?
Yes for Waterman one of them will.
They are better footballers. Both can play some mid minutes and play half fwd better. Both can kick a ball better.
Waterman has 1 role to his bow its FF. Thats not going to happen at WCE.
JK one more year. NN back to play fwd minutes
Allen, Brander, Williams and any others. Edwards maybe too?

So looking at ins.

Jetta for Nelson
& either
AhChee or Smith for Waterman.

Makes my main arguement now that Nic Naitanui will remove Oscar Allen because Nic is going to play 80% fwd.

There is a group of players who are fighting for a role HF/Mid.

Waterman, Venables, AhChee, Smith, Masten
Most of us have opinions, you have arguments. What a different fellow you are:greenalien:

Most of you just think of players names. Not team structure bud.

Like hardly anyone is acknowledging Allen is coming out for NN. I love Allen more than anyone. Thats the difference..

Its not hard to now realise that theres a group of players fighting for this special role Half Fwd position.

Waterman, Venables, AhChee, Smith, Cameron and probably put Masten in the box now with Hutch being the 7th mid. You pick your best for that role not the best player at FF or at CHB.

Then it comes down to NN inclusion with knowledge of him playing a heap of time fwd.
Oscar sorry

It becomes an arguement when people just say Oscar Allen wont be dropped
Waterman wont be dropped
Masten wont be dropped.

Because thats nonsense. Theirs no educated opinion behind saying that except a feeling toward that player.

We can get AhChee to get 20 plus disposals off Half Fwd/Wing/Mid and kick a snag or 2. That beats Masten, Waterman and Venables Hes my choice for now. But think Cameron is the go fwd in that role.

One of AhChee, Ainsworth or Smith will probably get a run. Great. As long as Petch stays in that is

Waterman has done nothing at the eagles they should trade him next season

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure about that one big boy. Kennedy gets injured. Darlings missus have another puppy. Oscar Allen get offered big money from Carlton. Who’s your man to step up forward? Maybe Brander but he will end up there anyhow. Watermans got lots to offer.

Most of you just think of players names. Not team structure bud.

Like hardly anyone is acknowledging Allen is coming out for NN. I love Allen more than anyone. Thats the difference..

Nobody is acknowledging it because Nic Nat is still weeks away. He’s been out til the bye the whole season, and yet every week you’re trying to get months ahead of the pack by projecting Allen out for Nic Nat.

Of course the guy who is pinch hitting as the ruckman will come out when Nic Nat is back, that’s the most obvious choice. You haven’t stumbled across some shock revelation here. I’d be more surprised if Allen didn’t come out for Nic Nat. Everyone is on the same page here.

It’s just not relevant yet, or last week, or the week before. It has no bearing on the Bulldogs game, hence why nobody is acknowledging it here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back