Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Jetta for Nelson. There is a pecking order.

Cole has taken more responsibility this year and is pretty much playing as our primary lockdown small defence and sacrificing his offensive game.

Rotham ought to be ahead of Nelson now. Classy mofo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I feel for Nelson. After so much time out I thought he did more than enough tonight to keep his spot. But yeah, you don't leave Jetta out.
If it's pecking order then I couldn't be mad about Nelson going back to the twos. If it's on form then Cole should be feeling a little nervous.

Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
In: Jetta Brooksby Cameron/Ah Chee/Allen
Out: Cole Vardy Waterman
Will actually be the following though.
In: Jetta
Out: Nelson
Edit: Forgot bout Jake

Last edited:
Echo all these Jetta for Nelson. Didn’t see his game as some unforgivable black hole like it seemed several did, but Jetta walks into this side.

Podcast listeners (both of you) will have heard Keys very interesting Nic Nat theory, so I’m going to pull a HungryTiger and say Nic Nat for Waterman as well. Genuinely have been talked into thinking he’s a chance.

Simmo kept on repeating that NN won't be in the team until after the bye though.

I know, and I genuinely believed that and also think it’s best for his health, but Keys gave a very interesting case for sneaking him in Joe Daniher style this week.

Also I wanted to plug the podcast ;)

I think the big question is do we tag?

Bont is probably the best player in footy right now, instinct says you have to put time into him, but look at how much better our mids were when we just went head to head after half time. It swung the game completely.

To tag or not to tag?

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast

Bont is probably the best player in footy right now, instinct says you have to put time into him, but look at how much better our mids were when we just went head to head after half time. It swung the game completely.

To tag or not to tag?
Start off with the tag, let the game ebb and flow for a while, wait til the Bulldogs slam through a flurry of goals, take the tag off and sneak home for a comeback win in the last imo.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

To tag or not to tag?
As good as hutch is a tagger, we must look to develop a player that can stay b22 but offer both offensively and as a tagger. Maybe Sneeze but his kicking is also deplorable.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Hutch averages 30 possession In WAFL
As a senior player i would expect him to do so as well.

Also he'll get the pill more if he was played more on the guts but we already have better players there. He's a liability on a wing/hff.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Echo all these Jetta for Nelson. Didn’t see his game as some unforgivable black hole like it seemed several did, but Jetta walks into this side.

Podcast listeners (both of you) will have heard Keys very interesting Nic Nat theory, so I’m going to pull a HungryTiger and say Nic Nat for Waterman as well. Genuinely have been talked into thinking he’s a chance.
I only listen to 3 podcasts regularly and I still haven't been able to keep up with the BF pod. I'll have a binge listen eventually. Gotta drive up to the Pilbara for work in a few weeks so I might save them for then.

Jetta comes back in for Nelson. Nelson did enough but not enough to hold his spot me thinks. Cole is holding on, just.
Waterman probably stays in until Venables is right, but he isn't doing a helluva lot in this strange link up role.

No need to make changes for changes sake. Team played really well as a unit and I'll back them in against the Dogs at home.

In: Jetta, Hickey (if fit)
Out: Nelson, Vardy if Hickey gets up

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
If he wasn't the worst he was pretty close to it. Who was worse, Cole, Hutchings, Petro, Allen?
Allen was solid, kicked the sealer and laid 6 tackles, serviceable in the ruck. Not even close to our worst.

Nelson and Cole were both largely anonymous on the stat sheet but they were by no means passengers. No one stood out as being particularly poor.

Back