Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Doubt Nic will be back, but would love for it to happen.

Rather we wait till after the bye. Get him cheery-ripe.

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmmm...

Jetta for Nelson, that's all I think.

Vardy played a good game and should go well against English. Give Hickey another week at least.

Possibly Venners for Waterman but I'm also fine with Waterman keeping his spot

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon Petruccelle might find himself out soon.

Masten didn't play but can we drop him to the WAFL reserves?

Yeah Petch adding little value.

Would bring in Venners or AhChee. Both would add something more.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I think the big question is do we tag?

Bont is probably the best player in footy right now, instinct says you have to put time into him, but look at how much better our mids were when we just went head to head after half time. It swung the game completely.

To tag or not to tag?
Get hutch to tag hunter ! Always racks up the touches and is part of their link up play . Keeps hutch out of the on ball brigade
Let Yeo go head to head with the bont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
On the money with Pet I think. Especially with Willie back.

I think they might go Venebles for Pet.

God knows they like Venebles...

Yeah he's fast but not really filling a defined role. Can't really afford Ryan, Petch and Rioli being low disposal players, especially when we have 3 talls and Waterman. He's not playing badly, just a young player team balance thing. Need another Cripps working up the ground and getting 15-20.

I also get the feeling Nelson might be done when his contract is up. I like his intensity but I reckon Rotham has gone past him.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah he's fast but not really filling a defined role. Can't really afford Ryan, Petch and Rioli being low disposal players, especially when we have 3 talls and Waterman. He's not playing badly, just a young player team balance thing. Need another Cripps working up the ground and getting 15-20.

I also get the feeling Nelson might be done when his contract is up. I like his intensity but I reckon Rotham has gone past him.
Watched the WAFL game today, Rotham is clearly a class above that level, should be in the AFL side imo

JA56

Senior List
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Nelson Waterman
In: Jetta Venables

Jetta Schofield Duggan
Hurn McGovern Sheppard
Gaff Redden Sheed
Cripps Darling Ryan
Rioli Kennedy Petruccelle

Rick: Vardy Yeo Shuey
Int: Venables Hutchings Cole Allen

Sep 23, 2007
continental shelf
AFL Club
West Coast

I’d keep Petch in and use Rioli up the ground as his match fitness improves.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched the WAFL game today, Rotham is clearly a class above that level, should be in the AFL side imo
whacky opinion but should we move Duggan into a wing/defensive mid role (replacing hutch) and bring Rotham in?

Think Duggan has the tank and defensive nous to play as a tagger and the role Masten did.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Don't need 2 rucks against the dogs. Vardy stays over Hickey. Was his best game for the year. Hickey to build fitness in WAFL. Plus Vardy gets to monster English.

-Nelson
+Jetta

Nelson didn't embarrass himself but Jetta is a walk up.

Only other change I see is

-Waterman
+Cameron/Venables

I don't mind Waterman staying in the team but his role is so undefined. My preference is Cameron for some x-factor (had 4 goals 7 tackles in the WAFL). Plus this would allow Rioli to push up more. Gut feel is the MC picks Venables.

Back