Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

On the money with Pet I think. Especially with Willie back.

I think they might go Venebles for Pet.

God knows they like Venebles...

We sgould look to rotating a few like Petro, Cole, Hutchings and even Duggan just to keep us fresh. Leave Nelson in for a couple and give him and others a decent crack. Jetta, Rotham, Cameron and MAlen

Agree, have mentioned this before as well. Worth giving it a shot
I've been against Duggan moving back into the middle but with not much talent coming through in the 2's im coming a round to Duggan asa mid. Let him learn off the best mids by following them around. Think he can be another genuine inside/outside option for us in the future.

In: Jetta Brooksby Waterman
Out: Cole Vardy Cameron/Ah Chee/Allen
Will actually be the following though.
In: Jetta
Out: Nelson
Edit: Forgot bout Jake

How did you manage to put in players who actually played and take out players who weren’t playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petch to the wing time.....Cameron like his brother play him Half Fwd Flank. Lightning quick and skills/polish. Thats Watermans spot Gone and Mastens role i wanted Petch or Venners in. Petch im happy. So Petch is no longer a small fwd. Surely thats where he would end up anyway.

And 2 people have said 2 funny things.

Nic Nat and Allen rucks....Lol NN will be playing 80% in the fwd line. So thats just silly. We didnt buy Vardy, Hickey and Brooksby to play NN and Oscar rucks. Oscar has been playing NNs position.

Unfortunately Allen goes when Nic comes in. Nic will build his ruck minutes up. I love Oscar but he has many years ahead and he has a role in this team for many years ahead. We cant have JK, JD, NN and Allen in the fwd line.

Cameron or Venners take Watermans spot.

Vardy or Hickey as 1 ruck with NN as the pinch hitter Ruck/FF whilst he is building up his ruck minutes anyway.

Just finished watching the replay, had virtually no impact on the match. His highlight was a 5 minute purple patch at the end of the 3rd quarter where he took 3 uncontested marks across the half back flank, held up play and then kicked long down the line to a contest.

Trying so hard to not make a mistake and plays with no freedom. With how fast the game is moving, if you’re a young forward these days and don’t have great awareness and clever enough to have a side step or nice tap on’s then forget it.

I love waterman and not to say he won’t remain on the list but Oscar has just plucked his role from under him and plays ruck as well as defense

Reporter - "Vardy, bit better game this week?"

Simmo - *laughs* "Well he took a contested mark this week, so we're all really happy about that.."

Campaigner is just trolling now.

Seriously, if Hickey is fit surely we play him. Has been clearly our best ruckman this year and put together some games where he's been one of our best players.

I know Vardy lifted in the 2nd half, but he's had a poor year.

OUT - Vardy, Nelson
IN - Hickey, Jetta

Keyser hearing some whispers at his bingo night isn't going to convince me Nicnat is back, so I won't bother adding him in.

Cameron is going to need more than one good WAFL game. It's our MC we're talking about here fellas.

Could potentially see us throwing Oscar into the backline again this week and changing our forward setup, given the dogs have a smaller forward line.

I love a good NicNat will he/won't he conspiracy but I can't see why they'd go the cloak and dagger approach for this game. We're playing one of the poorer teams in the league at home, it's not like it's a final. Keep in mind he probably could have played the final in 2017 against GWS, with much speculation at the time that he might. It's not really Simmo's style and if he didn't do it then why would they now? Just let him build up and unleash after the bye.

Of course I would be happy to be wrong but it all sounds very fanciful to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Petruccelle might find himself out soon.

Masten didn't play but can we drop him to the WAFL reserves?
No way is Petch out. Do you watch the pressure he applies? There was a passage of play (either third or fourth quarter?) where the Crows try and handball up the middle of the ground. Petch basically tackled every player in the chain, his work rate is amazing and his pace allows him to get to contest after contest.

Reporter - "Vardy, bit better game this week?"

Simmo - *laughs* "Well he took a contested mark this week, so we're all really happy about that.."

Can't help it if Big Vardy and Simmo are playing 3d chess while you campaigners are playing checkers.

:moustache:

Bulldogs losing line up on Brad Scott Farewell Week

B JJ Trengrove Crozier
HB Daniels Cordy Wood
C Hunter Libba Dale
HF Suckling Naughton Lloyd
F Richards Bont Wallis

F English Dunkley Macrae
I Smith McLean Lipinski THE OTHER BAILEY WILLIAMS

So first observation is that they are short. There are a few calls from the Kennel for another tall but there are not that many good options for them.

They will be running hard so not a time for us to bring in another tall. Oscar - you're staying put and not the right team for a NicNat surprise.

Saturday has proven the "can't play in the wet" theory wrong.

1558918720175.png

Our three previous omissions - Venables and Hickey were stated as 2 weeks. Simmo was asked about Jetta and he said he will be in. MC are pretty predictable and it would be at the expense of Nelson (who did not deserve to be dropped but nobody really did).

We do not need another ruck option so no need to bring in any changes.

Hutchings should be sent to either Hunter or Macrae. Yeo will be just fine on the Bont.

McGovern on Naughton will be a good match up. I can see the Gov lining up the aerial duel.

While it would be fun on the boards to have Masten brought into the team, I cannot see it (and hope like hell we find another owner for number 7 come season end).

My desire of Matty Allen to the midfield is still there but when Yeo/Shuey/Sheed/Redden/Gaff combined are getting 151 disposals and 48 tackles, I suggest we go in with an unchanged midfield.
1558919471304.png

Petch is clearly still learning his craft at AFL level. My preference is for him to stay in the side, especially if it's only Venables or Ah Chee who would replace him.

It would be great if he would stick tackles, but he's far from alone with that issue.

Just doesn’t have the upper body strength atm. I hope he has a big season in the gym because he will improve a lot just by adding weight. I think he’s showing enough to stay in the side and he needs to be given games, it’s pretty impressive how much he’s developed already.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Nicnat is ready then I think this week presents a good opportunity to give him a run.

He will probably only hit about 40-50% gametime in his first game back you would've thought. Meaning Vardy will need to shoulder the load.

What better opponent than the bulldogs, who boast the likes of Tim English in the ruck backed up by Zaine Cordy. Vardy averages more hitouts than English.

This builds nicely into a second game away to Sydney up against Sinkers. A tougher test for sure, but some inside knowledge about what goes on in that ole tennis ball head will help us here.

He then gets a spell over the bye and comes back against the Bombers and Bellchambers (who probably bested Nic last time out) with 2 games under his belt and targeting 55-60% gametime.

No way is Petch out. Do you watch the pressure he applies? There was a passage of play (either third or fourth quarter?) where the Crows try and handball up the middle of the ground. Petch basically tackled every player in the chain, his work rate is amazing and his pace allows him to get to contest after contest.

He misses a lot of tackles and is behind Cripps, Ryan and Rioli (pro rata) on that measure. Also gets caught holding the ball a fair bit for arguably the fastest player in the comp.

He isn't playing terrible footy but is a young player and I'd expect him to go out at some stage.

Jetts in for Nelson. Maybe Venners for Waterman but it was a pretty bad concussion so I expect they may play it safe and give him another week.

It would surprise me to see NN come straight in. I think they will want to get a game into him at WAFL level like last time he came back. Probably next week so he can play on the following Thursday night game against Bombers.

Jetts in for Nelson. Maybe Venners for Waterman but it was a pretty bad concussion so I expect they may play it safe and give him another week.

It would surprise me to see NN come straight in. I think they will want to get a game into him at WAFL level like last time he came back. Probably next week so he can play on the following Thursday night game against Bombers.
So you think NicNat will be playing on Sunday. Will it be with the dew kickers or the big boys?

Bulldogs losing line up on Brad Scott Farewell Week

B JJ Trengrove Crozier
HB Daniels Cordy Wood
C Hunter Libba Dale
HF Suckling Naughton Lloyd
F Richards Bont Wallis

F English Dunkley Macrae
I Smith McLean Lipinski THE OTHER BAILEY WILLIAMS

So first observation is that they are short. There are a few calls from the Kennel for another tall but there are not that many good options for them.

They will be running hard so not a time for us to bring in another tall. Oscar - you're staying put and not the right team for a NicNat surprise.

Saturday has proven the "can't play in the wet" theory wrong.

View attachment 681457

Our three previous omissions - Venables and Hickey were stated as 2 weeks. Simmo was asked about Jetta and he said he will be in. MC are pretty predictable and it would be at the expense of Nelson (who did not deserve to be dropped but nobody really did).

We do not need another ruck option so no need to bring in any changes.

Hutchings should be sent to either Hunter or Macrae. Yeo will be just fine on the Bont.

McGovern on Naughton will be a good match up. I can see the Gov lining up the aerial duel.

While it would be fun on the boards to have Masten brought into the team, I cannot see it (and hope like hell we find another owner for number 7 come season end).

My desire of Matty Allen to the midfield is still there but when Yeo/Shuey/Sheed/Redden/Gaff combined are getting 151 disposals and 48 tackles, I suggest we go in with an unchanged midfield.
View attachment 681472

Dogs bringing over a team of smalls for what shapes to be a critical contest? NN to the forward pocket!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back