Strategy Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s what happens when you Bradbury a premiership.

They were a fairly average side who found form at the right time of year, and all the right dominoes fell into place for them to win the flag.
I 100% expected the same thing to happen to Richmond

I 100% expected the same thing to happen to Richmond

Richmond were pretty good all year in 2017 apart from a month of shocking footy. Probably weren’t the standout team but they were always in the conversation post bye.

The Bulldogs had a ‘strong breeze’ pushing them along for a fairytale flag. The magical pre finals bye got them the win against us, and the umpiring in the grand final was down right scandalous.

Richmond were pretty good all year in 2017 apart from a month of shocking footy. Probably weren’t the standout team but they were always in the conversation post bye.

The Bulldogs had a ‘strong breeze’ pushing them along for a fairytale flag. The magical pre finals bye got them the win against us, and the umpiring in the grand final was down right scandalous.
Yeah it’s true.

I just hate Richmond more than any other team so I’m a bit biased

Thanks Richmond letting WCE to 4th.

And Campaigners its not long before Waterman is out of this team. Hes not AFL quality.

Yep im going for a late change....Smith for Waterman.

This was my thoughts too with Caleb Daniel.
Let Cripps play his natural game. Bring in Smith for Daniel.

So Smith and Hutch play defensive roles? Maybe one, not both.

Just have Willie keep Daniels under control and burn him the other way. No way Caleb would keep up with Willie never mind out mark him.

Smith can run 2 ways. He was getting 30 disposals at Collingwood. Hes an elite runner. As the game goes on he will dominate.
Have you seen his 2016 and 2017 stats? He can kick a long ball too. Goals outside 50 for a little fella.
I think this bloke deserves a game sooner rather than later. And certainly over Waterman who does not deserve the current role he has in the team(hence the reason he has been dropped multiple times)

To me he is nothing but trade bait.

Im a Claremont man, Eagles man and his Dad was a good footballer. Alec is a better footballer than his brother. Jake Waterman isnt even better than Tom Lee. And we all know how Tom Lee went at AFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game feels like its taking forever to get here and its still another like 30+ hours away

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

30 more hours of HungryTiger speaking through his backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Campaigners its not long before Waterman is out of this team. Hes not AFL quality.[/QUOTE]

👍 and cant wait for hickey and Barras to be back in then Allan goes forward and waterman out. Vardy out and hickey rucks.

I’m sure that’s why he got snapped up in the mid-season draft

Alec was a better footballer. But he never played an AFL game let alone make a contribution to a premiership winning squad. At the moment he’s a long way of the match fitness required to play full time midfield.

The problem a few have with Waterman is they’re failing to accurately describe him as a footballer. He’s more versatile than Darling, better one on one than Allen and atm for now overhead better than Brander. You can kick the ball at Waterman or put it out in front of him. He’ll run all day and make effective tackles to bring uncontested loose ball to a stoppage.

Lee is a superior athlete, hell he’s an excellent athlete. The problem is he doesn’t body line the ball and is soft. Jake is 7 years his junior and averages more, marks more disposals and more goals in 2019. He works harder for his team mates and has a better football IQ.

and cant wait for hickey and Barras to be back in then Allan goes forward and waterman out. Vardy out and hickey rucks.

Allen only went back to cover the loss of Schofield. He was forward the majority of the game v Adelaide.

His new role has resulted in his decline in possession numbers.
Or are you that blinded by hate that you don't watch the games close enough to see that his role has changed.
Hutchings has played that role for a couple of weeks, notice his disposal numbers.
Oh by the way Rance from Richmond averaged 15 possessions a game over the 16, 17 season.
Stat watchers who don't understand the game or the role players have really are in danger of making fools of themselves.
So who are these great range of players that should get a game before a premiership player who has sweated and bleed for the club for over 200 games.
You say “stats watchers don’t understand the game” yet it was you who brought up Mastens stats over a 10 year period as a premise to your argument.
I think I’ve got a pretty good idea who doesn’t understand the game.

You say “stats watchers don’t understand the game” yet it was you who brought up Mastens stats over a 10 year period as a premise to your argument.
I think I’ve got a pretty good idea who doesn’t understand the game.
Nah.
Just trying to use a standard that you might measure by, to point out he qualifies under your limited assessment as to what a good player is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back