Preview Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH I expect Ken will do the predictable thing and we'll see Hoff come in for Howard and SPP in for Amon. I'd be pretty surprised by any other outcome.

Also pls stop suggesting Sutcliffe, there's zero reason for us to give a Freo delistee a game over the likes of Drew/Atley/Mayes/Ladhams/Frampton.
Drew should deffs be ahead of Sutcliffe, but I don't think Atley is, Mayes also is way behind.

Listening to Ken, I reckon it will be Ladhams and Drew.

Westhoff and Ryder were dropped to find touch. They need to prove they still want to be best 22 for Port, and that means in the SANFL.

According to Hinkley lycett was about to get dropped , don't like Hinkley but clearly the coaches and club have told players that no one's spot is safe
This feels like an influence from either Schoey or Monty or both. We haven't seen this stance prior to this year with Ken. There was absolutely no way pre2019 Ken drops Westy AND Ryder in the same week. More chance of Danger winning Australia's most modest man award.

This feels like an influence from either Schoey or Monty or both. We haven't seen this stance prior to this year with Ken. There was absolutely no way pre2019 Ken drops Westy AND Ryder in the same week. More chance of Danger winning Australia's most modest man award.

Didn't you know he's just had a baby? :p Possibly even all by himself.

TBH I expect Ken will do the predictable thing and we'll see Hoff come in for Howard and SPP in for Amon. I'd be pretty surprised by any other outcome.

Also pls stop suggesting Sutcliffe, there's zero reason for us to give a Freo delistee a game over the likes of Drew/Atley/Mayes/Ladhams/Frampton.
I don't particularly want Sutcliffe in, but Matt de Boer was delisted by Freo and this year was on track for AA if he didn't get injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy & Pete to be both selected with one of them being the emergency. With Paddy and Justin being selected for the 2’s it’s sort of like for like. Willem in for Karl.

True Haven’t seen this type of thing since 13/14 season sticking with workable group only changing due to suspensions or injuries

Maybe our future coach will be Schofield? Could Kenneth be losing his grip

how does clurey get into a dropping convo!? should be in the AA team. hugely under rated!
He made team of the week listed today on AFL.
Let's start with Tom Clurey. The Port Adelaide key defender was sensational in keeping Geelong powerhouse Tom Hawkins to five disposals and no goals.

After a bit of reflection, how about this. ins: Pete and Billy. Karl’s position to be rejiggered between the squad from Saturday night.

Given all this talk of dropping Farrell for four disposals and a goal, is that because Geelong will obviously be dropping Hawkins after five disposals, no goals and (for the first time in his AFL career) no marks? Sheesh...
I don't want Farrell dropped by any stretch, but Hawkins had kicked 4 goals in each of his past 5 games before Saturday night, Farrell has consistently demonstrated a struggle to find the ball at AFL level since he's been in the side. I want to persist with Kane as I reckon his elite foot skills and efficiency in front of goal is a priceless asset to the AFL side (especially with Amon suspended this week), but it's a fair shout to bring his name up in these discussions. If Woodcock, Cox or Johnson were tearing it up in the reserves Farrell's spot would be under a lot more pressure, but I don't think bringing any of those players in would improve the side at this moment in time.

I don't particularly want Sutcliffe in, but Matt de Boer was delisted by Freo and this year was on track for AA if he didn't get injured.

Yeah, a player being delisted by a club is not necessarily a death knell for any future AFL performance. Port has done well from 2 Richmond rejects in recent memory.

can Ladhams play forward? Ladhams is a much better ruckman than Frampton, but i'm not sure he is a better forward.

and the only reason i thought we'd go Westhoff is we've been using Howard as a bit of a swingman, which is exactly what Westy is. But i do agree with the idea that he needs to find some SANFL touch, but unforeseen circumstances of Howard getting suspended may have given him a reprieve.

I'm happy for Ladhams to be given a game, considering he has played extremely well all season and i see more of a future with him than Frampton, I'm just not sure how it will affect team balance from the weekend where things actually worked for us.

Yeah, a player being delisted by a club is not necessarily a death knell for any future AFL performance. Port has done well from 2 Richmond rejects in recent memory.

Ricky Henderson’s Hawthorn career is staggering.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back