Preview Changes vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I agree with Farrells name being thrown up. He’s about the only player in our entire squad that I trust when kicking for goal at the moment.

Sure he only had 4 disposals and the 1 goal this week, i guess thats whats kids with less than a dozen games to their name will do from time to time, but lets not forget he kicked 4 goals in the previous game against Freo.

If he has a second or third poor game then sure, but for now I think we need him in our forward line.

Since we finally managed to rectify our KPP list problems in the off season we have the luxury of picking from an abundance of talls this week to replace Doogs - Ladhams, Frampton and Marshall before even Ryder and Westhoff are considered. With Amon's suspension however it does show a lack in our depth in outside players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we brought it Broadbent to replace Amon and rotated him and Bonner further up the ground as we did against St. Kilda.

Really? You know he's on indefinite leave?

They hardly bring back Westhoff, doesn’t he need to find some for in the 2’s? - if we are serious..

Would like to see Bill with Dixon but sounds like Ladhams is in the mix.

Calling for westhoff to come in is farcical. Dropped for weeks of poor form, goes out and doesn't even play a game in the 2s. Way to reward players playing well in the reserves. But you just know the cowardly coach will pick him.
I don't think he will. He made a decision and it worked so if he doesn't see it through it will have defeated the purpose of making the tough call.
Ladhams, Drew, Frampton will all be in front of Westy, Paddy and Pepps this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you seriously think a week in the 2's and Westhoff will become Mr Reliable and learns to kick from directly in front?

Of course not, he was dropped to give him a kick up the a*** now through circumstances he can come back in. He knows he's on thin ice.

Westy and Drew in for me.

Best man for job comes in regardless of whether someone was benched previous week . If best man is a SANFL player it's him . SANFL standard mikes away from AFL

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure I agree with Farrells name being thrown up. He’s about the only player in our entire squad that I trust when kicking for goal at the moment.

Sure he only had 4 disposals and the 1 goal this week, i guess thats whats kids with less than a dozen games to their name will do from time to time, but lets not forget he kicked 4 goals in the previous game against Freo.

If he has a second or third poor game then sure, but for now I think we need him in our forward line.

It's what you deem to be a poor game . How many goals must you kick for it to be acceptable ? when that's all you do

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd expect to see Rockliff and Westhoff in. Really hoping we go for Frampton or Marshall though if they were serious about Westhoff and Ryder finding form at SANFL level.

I don't think Howard has been any better than Frampton or Marshall up forward anyway, he was just given the benefit of playing a hapless St Kilda in a shootout.

I'd expect to see Rockliff and Westhoff in. Really hoping we go for Frampton or Marshall though if they were serious about Westhoff and Ryder finding form at SANFL level.

I don't think Howard has been any better than Frampton or Marshall up forward anyway, he was just given the benefit of playing a hapless St Kilda in a shootout.
I thought it was already confirmed that if Rockliff is fit, he'll play SANFL?

I thought it was already confirmed that if Rockliff is fit, he'll play SANFL?

Hinkley said as much on Saturday night. Our earliest selection "leak" yet?

Out: Amon, Howard
In: Drew, ???

Bonner to the wing, Houston to defence, and Drew into the midfield. His SANFL numbers have been good, and Rockliff and SPP need to prove fitness and form, respectively.

Hinkley said as much on Saturday night. Our earliest selection "leak" yet?

Out: Amon, Howard
In: Drew, ???

Bonner to the wing, Houston to defence, and Drew into the midfield. His SANFL numbers have been good, and Rockliff and SPP need to prove fitness and form, respectively.
The question mark has to be 1 of Ladhams/Frampton surely.

According to Hinkley lycett was about to get dropped , don't like Hinkley but clearly the coaches and club have told players that no one's spot is safe , Westy winning the b&f clearly gave him extra weeks , hopefully the cats win only makes that thinking justified

Last edited:
According to Hinkley lycett was about to get dropped , don't like Hinkley but clearly the coaches and club have told players that no one's spot is safe , Westy winning the b&f clearly gave him extra weeks , hopefully the cats win only makes that thinking justified
Hinkley would be a hypocrite now though if he brings back one of them without playing SANFL. Frampton, Marshall or Ladhams must be the Howard replacement, if we don’t challenge and get him off.

I'd have Billy and Sutcliffe come in if the suspensions stand. Really Ladhams deserves it more IMO.

Really down to training this week and marking form to which of the talls gets the nod. Both in good SANFL form.

Something about Sutcliffe reminds me of Josh Mahoney, could be a game changer

TBH I expect Ken will do the predictable thing and we'll see Hoff come in for Howard and SPP in for Amon. I'd be pretty surprised by any other outcome.

Also pls stop suggesting Sutcliffe, there's zero reason for us to give a Freo delistee a game over the likes of Drew/Atley/Mayes/Ladhams/Frampton.

I'd have Billy and Sutcliffe come in if the suspensions stand. Really Ladhams deserves it more IMO.

Really down to training this week and marking form to which of the talls gets the nod. Both in good SANFL form.

Something about Sutcliffe reminds me of Josh Mahoney, could be a game changer

Good call

The question mark has to be 1 of Ladhams/Frampton surely.

Yep, but I'm also playing with an idea that I'm sure will be almost universally unpopular - replacing Amon with another wing. You know, the one who won our B&F last year, but has been played out of position all season.

Bringing in Westhoff, who can pinch hit in the ruck (and who may upset our midfield balance less than shuffling Bonner/Houston/Drew), does make it less likely that we bring Ladhams or Frampton in, though, especially since it's likely to be pissing down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back