Preview Changes vs Carlton, Round 12 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Not seen, one not ready for AFL and the other is as well prepared. But they are not injured (yet) so we play them.
Very unfortunate position to be in, let's hope for your sake they go well. Honestly, the cattle are not required to beat Carlton it seems. I hope there aren't any long term injuries as WCE are a side I rated quite highly in the pre-season.

I dont think its about cattle, its about whoever is left standing upright. I think this is the worst injury list I can ever remember us having in our history.
Yeah, it's ****ed. Our luck is only starting to turn now. After round two we had about 10 players missing from our best 22. Not hugely observant of the Eagles however I'd suggest you have that many out and they are of a higher calibre than our missing players were too.

I don’t mind Langdon coming in, especially if we have given him a defensive forward role. He can tackle and apply defensive pressure which I think we will need; if we don’t apply forward pressure and lock the ball in the forward half on the SCG Williams and Saad will have a very short sprint through the middle to goal and we won’t be able to stop it.

Id prefer Jones but if we’ve given Langdon a set role I am OK letting him have a crack at it. Also happy we have kept Williams in the side. The more we play him the better, although Vardy was going okay before he got injured so probably on the unlucky side these last few weeks.

437 games going out, 52 coming in. Real bare bones but we’ve thankfully got a good amount of experience on most lines to hopefully guide the guys through to our first win at the SCG in 22 years. BRING.IT.ON

Hi folks. Sorry for butting in. Luke Edwards. Do we see him fitting into a HB distributor type role? Or something else?
In his intro video it said he would be running through the middle. Which is West Coast speak for half back. Picture his dad in full flight, (with hair) streaming down the wings.

Seriously though, he will probably play a bit in the middle and up forward, which is how we do like to usher our younger guys in. Get a couple of kicks, maybe kicks a goal with his first kick in league footy and add in a few stretches of midfield minutes.

if asking for DT/SC id suggest he will score somewhere in the 30-50 point mark. I’d probably look at other options.

Team bus arriving at the SCG:

73xf.gif

In his intro video it said he would be running through the middle. Which is West Coast speak for half back. Picture his dad in full flight, (with hair) streaming down the wings.

Seriously though, he will probably play a bit in the middle and up forward, which is how we do like to usher our younger guys in. Get a couple of kicks, maybe kicks a goal with his first kick in league footy and add in a few stretches of midfield minutes.

if asking for DT/SC id suggest he will score somewhere in the 30-50 point mark. I’d probably look at other options.
I was asking for that reason.

I was curious. I know my club and that family have their issues but also saw Luke (and Jackson) as a bit slow and vanilla. I saw him in the SA v SA u18s game at HB and he looked good. Seemed to suit his skillset really well

Edit... I was praying he'd be a witherden type

I was curious. I know my club and that family have their issues but also saw Luke (and Jackson) as a bit slow and vanilla. I saw him in the SA v SA u18s game at HB and he looked good. Seemed to suit his skillset really well
He’s impressed for our beagles side off a half back, so he probably ends up there eventually in all honesty. But we have such a present need for guys to run through the middle we’ve got a chance to give him a taste and see how he goes.

Normally we are keen to shield our first year draftees from senior footy, but he’s getting a crack early- so that shows you He’s earnt this on his merits. He’s got some game smarts so I think a flank role will suit him quite well.

I think he'll be more a midfielder, than HB. He's been playing at WAFL level in the midfield and his video the other day he mentioned he'll play midfield this weekend.
Said he was hoping Nic Nat would help him out with a few taps.

don’t think so, he’s been playing midfield or hff it seems and seems like we have more than enough mid/small defenders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer Jones to Langdon but other than that I think we’ve picked the best side available given our injuries

Assuming Jones is the sub, these are the only fit players not in the 23:

Ainsworth
Vardy
Trew
Hutchings
Jamieson
Johnson

Plus Collins and West who have been at the club for 2 days

Gee, we've been injury ravaged.

If we can somehow pull it off this weekend at our bogey ground it would rank as one of our finest wins.

Anyone want to let me know how good these Edwards kids are for you? Starting on the field in a debut suggests to me they rate him.

I'm not confident about this. Essendon barely ran over the top of you and you had what, 3 injuries in the first quarter? Essendon have also been playing better footy than we have lately. I really get this sick feeling that despite the good changes we've made, someone is just going to lift.
Harry Edwards is a 3rd year 200cm key defender who was KOed 20min into his first game last year . He is pretty good for a young key tall we picked as a rookie .

He has played a few game this year and gone alright . He has been playing as the number 1 defender in the wafl all year so he knows how to play on the big boys .

Luke Edwards is son of 300 gamer tyson Edwards from Adelaide. He has done very well at wafl league level for a first year player averaging 18 touches and 4 marks . Not that hard at it more outside with good disposal

I dont think its about cattle, its about whoever is left standing upright. I think this is the worst injury list I can ever remember us having in our history.
We have had this many injuries before just not so many of our top players out

Average selections. Langdon over Jones, on face value at least, is stupidity. I’d also prefer Johnson over Foley, who accumulates well but isn’t as damaging as BJ is.
Langdon especially silly considering his lack of pace vs saad and Williams.

Johnson to me looks small at wafl level foley on the other hand can at least match it with the big boys .

Having both rotham and foley on the bench makes me think Nelson should be playing midfield tagging role from the bounce .

Maybe tag Walsh or docherty

Also our team looks a lot better like this they have really just thrown the magnets on
B Hurn Edwards Rotham
Hb Sheppard Barrass Cole
C Gaff Redden Cripps
HF waterman Darling Ryan
F Langdon Williams Petrecelle
Foll Natanui Yeo Sheed
Int Nelson O'Neil Edwards Foley

Harry Edwards is a 3rd year 200cm key defender who was KOed 20min into his first game last year . He is pretty good for a young key tall we picked as a rookie .

He has played a few game this year and gone alright . He has been playing as the number 1 defender in the wafl all year so he knows how to play on the big boys .

Luke Edwards is son of 300 gamer tyson Edwards from Adelaide. He has done very well at wafl league level for a first year player averaging 18 touches and 4 marks . Not that hard at it more outside with good disposal
Harry hasnt been seen since he was decimated by GWS. He was their preferred avenue of attack he was so outclassed. Didnt give up and is developing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back