Unofficial Preview Changes vs Carlton Round 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't mind Archie's effort last night but 2 pure ruckmen probably wasn't an ideal balance which counts in mcinerneys favour.

Allison practically bashing the door down in the 2s.

Out - Smith, Robertson

In - Mcinerney, Allison

Depending on if casboult plays, may need to bring in another tall defender

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon Eagles offers a lot more than Walker. It seems no one else agrees. Robbo struggled , fumbles a bit , just has never found his niche if he has one .

Cam got a few kicks and in light of his form it was a good game. But he's real liability at times . Still the goal from the 50 was a beauty. Now that Keays is already in he's probably our best option where he plays anyway ...I guess. And line ball with Keays on yesterday's form.

Stef really gave us something up forward ,competed a lot better on the ground than you'd think. He and Oscar are our best combo . Archie needs more experience at the higher level to get better so it's a bit of a conundrum.

No absolute pressing need for any changes except for structural issues re Carlton matchups. I'd always have you know who in but that's a dead issue now.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is McGovern going to be back for next week? I think he was a test. If he is we probably need walker back in. I'd still have him ahead of our other key defender options but I'm an avowed non-fan of Eagles in the seniors so take that with a grain of salt.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A lot of people seem to think that about Eagles Tom but he was good when he got his chance last year and he's the best mark in the twos, plus the most competitive and brutal as far as attack on the footy goes. I know he looks like he lacks any class and he's nearly 30 . Your opinion is the general view I know.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon Eagles offers a lot more than Walker. It seems no one else agrees. Robbo struggled , fumbles a bit , just has never found his niche if he has one .

Cam got a few kicks and in light of his form it was a good game. But he's real liability at times . Still the goal from the 50 was a beauty. Now that Keays is already in he's probably our best option where he plays anyway ...I guess. And line ball with Keays on yesterday's form.

Stef really gave us something up forward ,competed a lot better on the ground than you'd think. He and Oscar are our best combo . Archie needs more experience at the higher level to get better so it's a bit of a conundrum.

No absolute pressing need for any changes except for structural issues re Carlton matchups. I'd always have you know who in but that's a dead issue now.
Regarding Eagles he is a category B rookie so unlike other rookies he can't get a game unless someone is put on the long term injury list.
So we don't want that to happen.
A shame for Eagles as he played well when called up for 4 games in 2018.
He is only on a 1 year contract. He is 30 in February 2020.
I think he would get games at Gold Coast for 1 year maybe 2 if he played well. They could take a gamble after losing May to Melbourne.
I can't see us putting him on the senior list next year as more youth will come in.
Good luck to him no matter what happens in 2020.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Regarding Eagles he is a category B rookie so unlike other rookies he can't get a game unless someone is put on the long term injury list.
So we don't want that to happen.
A shame for Eagles as he played well when called up for 4 games in 2018.
He is only on a 1 year contract. He is 30 in February 2020.
I think he would get games at Gold Coast for 1 year maybe 2 if he played well. They could take a gamble after losing May to Melbourne.
I can't see us putting him on the senior list next year as more youth will come in.
Good luck to him no matter what happens in 2020.
Yeah I forgot that . No one likely on LT injury at this point.

It's a shame he had that injury last year because he was just starting to hit his straps .

He really played like his life depended on it yesterday ,love to see him get a shot somewhere next year

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United

Honestly Eagle is a decent Neafl player but not even close to AFL standard. Should only get a game if we have a lot of injuries.

Walker is a much better player than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back