SeaWind

Team Captain
Suspended
May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out: Dale, Grant, Hamling
In: Crameri, Biggs, Talia

Got smashed by the Saints in most stats, and would've lost if they were more clinical with their inside 50s. Crameri will add some experience, muscle and hard running to the side, and Biggs, who's apparently in good form for Footscray, will win plenty of the ball, something we struggled with.

Dale is not up to the pace of AFL football yet. Does nice things, but not having enough of an impact to merit a spot over some of our reserve players. Grant works hard, but still not damaging enough with his disposal, and slows play down far too often.

Talia a straight swap for Hamling because he's a much better 1v1 defender. I'm open to Hamling being tried in the Josh Gibson role like he was in the NAB Cup, but as a Key-Defender, he lets his opponent get away from him too easily.

Lin Jong in his round 1-5 form would be fantastic right now, but he's been terrible ever since his injury. I'd be open to Campbell coming in for Minson (who was poor), but I don't think Beveridge rates him at all.

Got smashed by the Saints in most stats, and would've lost if they were more clinical with their inside 50s. Crameri will add some experience, muscle and hard running to the side, and Biggs, who's apparently in good form for Footscray, will win plenty of the ball, something we struggled with.

Dale is not up to the pace of AFL football yet. Does nice things, but not having enough of an impact to merit a spot over some of our reserve players. Grant works hard, but still not damaging enough with his disposal, and slows play down far too often.

Talia a straight swap for Hamling because he's a much better 1v1 defender. I'm open to Hamling being tried in the Josh Gibson role like he was in the NAB Cup, but as a Key-Defender, he lets his opponent get away from him too easily.

Lin Jong in his round 1-5 form would be fantastic right now, but he's been terrible ever since his injury. I'd be open to Campbell coming in for Minson (who was poor), but I don't think Beveridge rates him at all.
No to Talia until he shows some form. Hamling out is an incredible call. No to Biggs. Not good enough.

Hamling? Really?

I'd strongly consider just going in with roughie next week. Go warriors style small ball and just try and run the blues off their legs.
Perhaps, but if we do that then we would be better off to have another tall forward like Redpath. I want to see who puts their had up a Footscray this week. If Cords gets another bag he might be hard to over look.

Hamling is a lock in that backline - no way he's dropped.

In: Crameri

Out: Dale

I still the Minson/Roughy combo. We should aim to smash Carlton in the ruck next week, not simply 'break even'.

• Banned
Hamling? Really?
I recall numerous times in the Port and St Kilda games where his opponent ran off him too easily. I can't say anything about Talia's VFL form, but based on what he's produced at AFL level this year, he's clearly a better key-defender.

I recall numerous times in the Port and St Kilda games where his opponent ran off him too easily. I can't say anything about Talia's VFL form, but based on what he's produced at AFL level this year, he's clearly a better key-defender.
I think Talia is very good KP defender. His form last week was pretty average however. I have been Nothing but impressed with Hamling. Terrific one on one, neat skills. He needs to build his tank, but for a guy who had played less than 5 games I think, not bad at all.

I doubt he'd be dropped this week.

There must be another hamling out there. The one I watched spoiled every high ball that came his way and never wasted a possession. He judged every ball in flight better than his opponent and punched the ball perfectly over the line time and time again. Outstanding game from Joel.

Love Dale, but we definitely need Crameri as an option up forward instead. Three first year players is a big risk and we need to win the next two games and win them well.

Cordy, Daniel and Biggs are the three closest to a game, but I'd only play Daniel at Webb's expense.

Love Dale, but we definitely need Crameri as an option up forward instead. Three first year players is a big risk and we need to win the next two games and win them well.

Cordy, Daniel and Biggs are the three closest to a game, but I'd only play Daniel at Webb's expense.

Yep we are talking the F word now, in Crameri and out Dale

Need Honey's pressure back, so hopefully he comes in.
Crameri back in if he's right to go.

Echo the sentiments of those saying no way Hamling goes out. He was great last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending what happens in the 2nds, changes should be minimal. No knock on Dale but he needs to be managed, his body is not ready for AFL. Crameri in for him provided he has a good game

There must be another hamling out there. The one I watched spoiled every high ball that came his way and never wasted a possession. He judged every ball in flight better than his opponent and punched the ball perfectly over the line time and time again. Outstanding game from Joel.
Spoiling high balls is the easy part. He also let Josh Bruce run off him far too easily. Re-watch Bruce's first and third goals, and the one he set up for Weller- Hamling is nowhere near him.

I'm not saying he's been bad, but he's not playing at the level Talia was when he was in the side.

Id like to bring in Crameri and Honey. Struggling to find room for those two. Would love to bring in little Caleb but really struggling to find the room.

Hansen to try him in the ruck today, straight swap for Minno?...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back