Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG SUBAN OUT FINALLY OMG

Super excited for Tucker and also Grey

Shame about Langdon but I reckon he'll cop it on the chin, go back to the WAFL and play his way back into the team.

Understand while not liking Suban's omission.

Dont understand some reactions on here to this news though, did I see dockers supporters calling him Susan???

Pretty sure that would have been auto-correct doing its thing.

Lets hope the same software that looks after our spelling on our devices aren't driving these self-driving vehicles we're all supposed to be hopping into sometime soon. :)

Really happy with the wins, although feel Clarke's going to have to play out of his skin to convince us he belongs in the side.

Feel for Ibbo, he's really out of form but jesus - there's a few others ahead of him that have been consistently poor for waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer.

It's more emotional with Ed - he showed a bit but was beginning to struggle, a strategic shift to WAFL for 3-4 weeks will do well for him. I'm sure for Ibbo it's a 2 week kick up the bum to get him back to his intercepting best.

Absolutely can't WAIT to see Grey and Tucker give it their all.

In descending age order:

Pavlich - 34
Johnson - 31
Dawson - 30
Griffin - 30
D Pearce - 30
Spurr - 28
Mayne - 27
Barlow - 28
Ballantyne - 28
Clarke - 26
Walters - 25
Hill - 25
Fyfe - 24
Taberner - 22
Sheridan - 22
Neale - 22
Crozier - 22
Grey - 20
A Pearce - 20
Weller - 20
Tucker - 19

All we have to do is get rid of a couple of 30 year olds (D Pearce & Dawson) and bring in a 24 year old (Morabito) and a 21 year old (Collins) and the distribution looks fine.
Not to mention a fit and firing 23 year old Harley Bennell, our age group will start to look very steady.

The selection of Darcy Tucker represents a massive departure from Ross Lyon's philosophy.
Has Ross ever selected a first year draftee to debut by RD5 in his coaching career ?

So we now have Ross playing five kids who are 1st / 2nd year draftees with him stating there is more to come.
That should shut the critics up for a while.

This has really injected some life into our season.

The selection of Darcy Tucker represents a massive departure from Ross Lyon's philosophy.
Has Ross ever selected a first year draftee to debut by RD5 in his career ?

So we now have Ross playing five kids who are 1st / 2nd year draftees with him stating there is more to come.
That should shut the critics up for a while.

This has really injected some life into our season.
Lachie neale surely debuted before round 5 right? I remember him killing it in a preseason game and Lyon saying we have something special
Maybe sutcliffe too

With Capt Mundy a likely in next week, a few more of the 'underperformers' will need to have a blinder to put themselves above the chopping position. Might see some real ferocity this week.

Like everyone, very excited to see Tucker and Grey... sad for Ed, but he'll be a better player for it. Watch him rack up 30+ and kick 2 goals for Peel. :thumbsu:

Darcy from my old hometown..shame about playing for North Ballarat ! Super excited about chalky. I feel he co

Darcy from my old hometown.shame he played for nth Ballarat.super excited for chalky,got a feeling about that boy...go us!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that it has happened, I kind of feel bad for Suban. I definitely feel worse for Ibbo.

Not sure how much Suban can improve to make a case for coming back into the seniors, but I hope Ibbo can go back to his best, as we are a stronger defense with him in the side.

Now that it has happened, I kind of feel bad for Suban. I definitely feel worse for Ibbo.

Not sure how much Suban can improve to make a case for coming back into the seniors, but I hope Ibbo can go back to his best, as we are a stronger defense with him in the side.
No disrespect to ibbo , I think the new game plan only require one loose man, my guess is if Johnson is rested or injure ibbo/ Hughes will play that role . or collins come in and a.Pearce playing looseman. Ibbo and C.Pearce got the skill but with current trend of game plan you need to rebound your ball out as fast as possible , with slow decision making this make it hard. I think d.Pearce is just safe because he just boom high so is not totally his fault that opposition spoil it.

No disrespect to ibbo , I think the new game plan only require one loose man, my guess is if Johnson is rested or injure ibbo/ Hughes will play that role . or collins come in and a.Pearce playing looseman. Ibbo and C.Pearce got the skill but with current trend of game plan you need to rebound your ball out as fast as possible , with slow decision making this make it hard. I think d.Pearce is just safe because he just boom high so is not totally his fault that opposition spoil it.
Nah Ibbo will win his way back in to the team imo. He was in the AA squad last season. Most good teams have more than one good intercept marker in their line-up. When in form, Ibbo is also very accountable in a one-on-one, and an elite kick. From memory he had the best retention rate from his disposals last year of any of our defenders. Some might say he is slow to make a choice, I'd say he doesn't blaze away and spends an extra fraction of a second ensuring he makes a choice that isn't going to result in a turnover. We keep talking about turnovers in our D50 killing us - so we need reliable kicks out of defence. In my opinion he's been omitted because he's out of form and not because he doesn't fit the new game plan and structure any longer.

Nah Ibbo will win his way back in to the team imo. He was in the AA squad last season. Most good teams have more than one good intercept marker in their line-up. When in form, Ibbo is also very accountable in a one-on-one, and an elite kick. From memory he had the best retention rate from his disposals last year of any of our defenders. Some might say he is slow to make a choice, I'd say he doesn't blaze away and spends an extra fraction of a second ensuring he makes a choice that isn't going to result in a turnover. We keep talking about turnovers in our D50 killing us - so we need reliable kicks out of defence. In my opinion he's been omitted because he's out of form and not because he doesn't fit the new game plan and structure any longer.
But last season we are playing two centre if I am not mistaken macca/ Johnson , macca / Dawson , Johnson/ Dawson or some match a.Pearce or Silva with some help from hills sometime to get the ball out.

But last season we are playing two centre if I am not mistaken macca/ Johnson , macca / Dawson , Johnson/ Dawson or some match a.Pearce or Silva with some help from hills sometime to get the ball out.
Most games we played 2 KPDs last year, yes. That may have been more a product of injuries than choice though. Although I'm actually a fan of two KPDs and suspect once Johnson and Dawson retire we'll consider going back to that and use Morabito and Hughes (around 190cm) in the mix instead of a third KPD. The games we played with 3 KPDs last year, we still had Ibbo as well. I think people think Ibbo is a third tall but he's only 186cm (same height as Sutty and shorter than Sheridan, assuming the listed heights are correct).

Most games we played 2 KPDs last year, yes. That may have been more a product of injuries than choice though. Although I'm actually a fan of two KPDs and suspect once Johnson and Dawson retire we'll consider going back to that and use Morabito and Hughes (around 190cm) in the mix instead of a third KPD. The games we played with 3 KPDs last year, we still had Ibbo as well. I think people think Ibbo is a third tall but he's only 186cm (same height as Sutty and shorter than Sheridan, assuming the listed heights are correct).
You are right in this I think if Johnson retire ibbo will be auto in that is the reason we try to trial hills and mundy at half back . sutty and sheriden still not up to the challenge , Hughes and mora will be ideal because of their size also. The next phase of training will be more about the flow of getting the ball out. Bulldog don't always go by foot they handball out of defensive 50 also, I think the new style is based on instict and awareness more. No more looking at the boundary for stoppage or rush behind where sheriden did both against NM.

Last edited:
Not wanting to disturb the peace people but I am dumbfounded as to how Ibbotson gets omitted but Mayne stays in the team, granted they play different roles which probably answers my question but Freo are going nowhere while they persist with Mayne. Play 21 if you have to

Swing the axe properly and omit Mayne. These outs send a good message to the players that if your not performing you'll go back to Peel but its missing Mayne.

The Suban drop is also a joke, watch him be back next week.

The axe fell on him this week because Carlton happen to be much worse than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back