Prediction Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

All signs pointing to Ballantyne getting another contract...did absolutely nothing last week to warrant selection this week.

Not suprised that Matera looked significantly better at the Gold Coast, you know with actually playing in the forward 50 and all.

All signs pointing to Ballantyne getting another contract...did absolutely nothing last week to warrant selection this week.

Not suprised that Matera looked significantly better at the Gold Coast, you know with actually playing in the forward 50 and all.
So surprised at this. Ballas was rubbish for 3 quarters and did some junktime stuff. Wow two goals. Keep him in.
Matera is getting more of the ball, but look where he gets it! In the back half practically. Thought having Tabs/Cox/Mccarthy we would put him more in the 50.
Nope, Ross wants defensive effort. Ugh

So we won't play Bennell because we want to build him up over so many games , but we chuck in a bloke who's been constantly injured all year. If they want to see what someone offers how about giving Strnadica a bloody go!
Don't get me wrong best of luck to Switta but i would of loved to seen one of the youngsters who have earn't it to play instead.

Considering what is available I'm happy with those changes. Have to say I think Matera is looking more and more like a bust. He is an ok opportunist around goal but seems to have very little footy IQ in general play. Thought he did some nice things early in the season but looks like a different player now.
My memory is a bit vague and I was at the game. Didn’t Matera do that side-on snap kick (instead of a regulation set-shot) when about 45-47 metres out and unsurprisingly fell about 20 metres short. One of the dumbest things I’ve seen. That would have to annoy the crap out of the coaching staff.

Ridiculous that Matera was dropped before Ballas. Reckon Ballas is in for a 1-2 yr contract and will start round 1 next year as best 22 once again. If I was Matera I'd be getting pretty pissed at Ross' inability to give him the role he's actually good at. Dropping Crowden after one meh game is also a bit odd. Really don't like this shuffling of youngsters.

Hope Switta shows a bit. We are very, very desperate for some quality smalls.

So we won't play Bennell because we want to build him up over so many games , but we chuck in a bloke who's been constantly injured all year. If they want to see what someone offers how about giving Strnadica a bloody go!
Don't get me wrong best of luck to Switta but i would of loved to seen one of the youngsters who have earn't it to play instead.

Certainly brings the integrity at selection, u play ur way in and out catch phrase into question. But im curious to see what Switta he brings.

Maybe its the best time to take a look at him before the season is over. Do you take him to Geelong to debut??? The Collingwood game will probabley be a send off game for MJ, Pearce etc. Give him a go at home and see how he travels I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilson and Ryan seem to get a bit more attacking freedom with a lockdown defender behind them, so hopefully Nyhuis provides that.

Last week was very disappointing with the easy number of goals that were picked up of the ground in the Eagles forward 50 and practically walked into the goals (eg like the Cripps one straight after half time, and even Vardy got one crumbing).

Is Nyhuis the third best defender on our list after Pearce and Hamling? I’m talking purely his lockdown ability, not overall skill set

Easy

It's funny how everyone is desperate to get small forwards on their lists but no one hardly ever talks about the types of defenders needed to combat them

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back