Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

tbf to mayes it would be extremely difficult to jump into a game when every player had been burning up for 3/4 in finals type intensity and all of a sudden you take your tracksuit jumper off and expected to run in. He got told to match up on Houli aswell to prevent his dash

Woodcock/Farrell for Butters
Marshall for Ladhams
Mayes for Duurs

Hopefully Fantasia and Rozee get up. We're not going to make unneccessary changes when we are already wounded besides ladhams because he was so s**t. Hartlett probably had his best game since he came back. Drew saved us the game so also stsys in, think he will do well against the blues

Marshall for Ladhams
Bergman for Duursma

Woodcock in if Fantasia/Butters doesnt get up

Debating Mead for Drew as well

Marshall for Ladhams
Bergman for Duursma

Duursma is a tough one to replace, especially considering that Bonner is injured as well.

can Bergman run on the wing?

Amon has almost become the most valuable player in the team given the other injuries. Wouldn’t want him to miss any games at the moment.

And I like the idea of Mead getting a game.

Marshall for Ladhams
Bergman for Duursma

Agree with the bolded above.
Assume only Duursma and Butters are definitely outs with injury, and the others come up with ice and rest this week.
Game is at the wide MCG, so maybe runners are required ie. Farrell?

Duursma - Bergman
Butters - Woodcock/Farrel. Maybe even Williams if he has a really big game. Is he ready ? Haven’t seen a heap of him.
Ladhams - Marshall (Maybe Hayes if he has another big game and Marshall isn't 100%)

Dixon would want to lift.

I think butters will get up fine. Came back onto the ground, 8 day break and looked to be up and moving pretty freely and all smiles after the game.

Keep him on ice for a few days and he’ll be alright.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t the sub rule if he played out the match. Sub him out early in the fourth for fresh legs over playing at 70%.

Ladhams on the other hand, don’t want to see him in the side until he’s dominating the SANFL for a few weeks. Utterly useless this year.
You watch the AFL ban him from playing claiming we didn’t use the sub rule appropriately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not going to happen, but i'd love to see how Georgiadis and Marshall work in tandem without Dixon there. Charlie currently working as more of a spoiler of good work upfield than anything else.

Hartlett won't be dropped. Not saying he shouldn't be, but he won't be.

Rozee will play. If his corkie wasn't bad enough to sub him out last night it's not going to be enough to see him miss the following week, especially with an 8 day break. He and Butters will be managed through the week and play against Carlton you'd think.

I would like to know from those that don't have HH in their list of outs, before his goal what would you have said? Or is it purely because of the number of injuries we've copped.

OUT: Ladhams, Drew, HH, Duursma
IN: Marshall, Rockliff, Bergman, Mayes

I would like to know from those that don't have HH in their list of outs, before his goal what would you have said? Or is it purely because of the number of injuries we've copped.

What did Mayes do to earn a spot?

Rozee will play. If his corkie wasn't bad enough to sub him out last night it's not going to be enough to see him miss the following week, especially with an 8 day break. He and Butters will be managed through the week and play against Carlton you'd think.

Looked a pretty bad one though, given he couldn't run it out. Will have swollen up over night and he will need every minute of the 8 day break to recover. Corkies are always worse a few days after.

Also worried about Fantasia - another case of being able to play through it on the day but swell up the following day etc

He's in, without his goal.

He was excellent in the second half, and if you take out his one poor kick, he was perfectly fine all game.

He's a confidence player, and you could see him growing. Hammer in form is easily in our best 22, and he's improved with every game. Keep in mind he had limited preseason etc.

What did Mayes do to earn a spot?

Can play many positions, good solid contributor. Decent medical sub option.

The Sanfl rule about an activated sub not being allowed to play sanfl that week means we may not want to waste the development of a Bergman etc by playing him 15 minutes in a game and then nothing else for the week.

Also by having the same sub for a few weeks means they lose match practice, so it's likely we will be rotating the sub every second or third week.

Although I don’t think Hartlett has hit top gear yet, he needs to be in the team. He is the VC.

Plus forced changes due to injuries will mean they won’t drop him.

It's not going to happen, but i'd love to see how Georgiadis and Marshall work in tandem without Dixon there. Charlie currently working as more of a spoiler of good work upfield than anything else.

Hartlett won't be dropped. Not saying he shouldn't be, but he won't be.

I wouldn't drop Dixon but if he needs a rest or gets an injury I'd love to see Hayes, Georgie and Marshall.

Then Georgie and Marshall when Hayes is in ruck.

Its a great balance IMO.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Can play many positions, good solid contributor. Decent medical sub option.

What are you actually talking about though?

He came on last night and had one solitary disposal and it was a high kick that nearly resulted in a turnover.

How exactly does that scream "pick me" next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back