Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think we can win this game. The Blues aren't going very well, as well all know, and are going to be missing some players.
If we bring in another tall, they may have to debut Casboult to help out Kreuzer. Warnock got suspended in the VFL, and Hampson is out for the year.
Judd will get suspended most likely, so that's another bonus.

Not sure about our changes. Austin, Wood and Campbell all were out with injury, but who knows if they'll be ok for this week. If Gia is alright, I'd like him to come in. Also like to see Roughead back in the side.
Cordy and Howard should go to the VFL to get some form, not sure about any other changes.
Sherman and DJ should probably make way as well. Especially Sherman.

The thing is though Igloo, we can't kick a competitive score, or seem to keep the other team down in the second half.

I honestly think we could play them into form :oops:

Only 6 goals against the Hawthorn backline. We seem to have lost all ability to attack :(

We need to bring in someone who can lead, mark and kick straight.

In: won't make any difference
Out: Sonofscray.

Going to a gig instead. I have a feeling this may be one of the only the remaining games for the year that we will win. I hope my not going assists in that becoming a reality.

negative rant alert:

I have a GA membership and like to sit on L3 in the front row, no doubt the Carlton Away members will have the first six rows reserved as usual and we'll all have to make way for them at our home game. I know it pisses off the old man, and there'll be plenty of flogs who say 'you can reserve a seat as well' but they can FOAD for all I care. s**t game footy, s**t experience being a Dog's fan against the larger clubs. We'll most likely get a s**t game of footy, be treated like second class citizens and then be subjected to a complete and utter submission by our players.

Yep, going to the pub to listen to angry music and drink too much whiskey instead.

In - Grant, Panos, Giansiracusa, Johannisen, Austin
Out - Sherman, Djerrkura, Cordy, Howard, Markovic

Also Cooney in possibly & give Libba a rest. Really, I just want a forward line structure to be evident. Instead of having a loose man upfield who doesn't get the ball anyway, have numbers in the forward 50 for when the ball goes in there.

HF - Higgins, Williams, Giansiracusa
F - Dickson, Panos, Grant

Hell, even Jones at CHF as he was with Hall in the side. Not ready to be considered a full forward yet, Panos seems more natural & has to debut sometime...right??

I just want to see JJ and Panos get a game.
I still don't think they'll debut two players at once but as the season is shot anyway, maybe they will be just crazy enough to do it. It would be nice.

If it has to be just one of them I'd like Panos to debut this week and JJ next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out. Markovic, Sherman, Dj & Howard

Not one of those players are up to it at all and i can't see any of them being in any top 12 sides best 22 hence why we are not a top 8 side with these guys in our team.

We need to have a look at the untried players to get games into them and see if they are actually up to it! so my ins would be

In. Any of these kids Roberts, JJ, Panos, Hill + Gia & Wood returning from Injury

I really hope there is a good look at our list at the end of this season because looking at our current list at the moment there is so much dead weight on it i just hope someone at the club has the balls to make some serious decisions come end of season!

In: Giansiracusa, Wood, Austin (if all avail), One of Campbell/Roughead
Out: Markovic (inj), Hargrave, Gilbee, One of Djerrkurra/Sherman (omit)

Tutt to play full game Djerrkurra/Sherman Sub

I think McCartney will act on his description of some senior players who looked on aimlessly and folded without a wimper, pretty obvious which players he was talking about, at least 1 if not both will be gone this week, and may not be back.

My predictions (apologies for the formating):
F: Garlett Henderson Betts
B: Pearce Lake Murphy
HF: Collins Thornton Robinson
HB: Gilbee Austin Veszpremi
C: Gibbs McLean Scotland
C: Boyd Cross Wallis
HB: Yarran Watson Russell
HF: Dahlhaus Williams Higgins
B: McInnes Jamison Duigan
F: Dickson Cordy Giansiracusa
FOLL: Kruezer Carrazzo Murphy
FOLL: Minson Griffen Picken
I: Curnow Lucas Armfield Touhy
I: Smith Tutt Djerrkura Liberatore

IN: Thornton, Russell, Touhy OUT: Judd (susp), Walker (inj.), Joseph (inj.)
IN: Gia, Pearce, Austin, Veszpremi OUT: Markovic (inj.), Sherman (omit.), Howard (rest), Hargrave (omit.)

Was hard finding match-ups for Garlett and Betts. Bob played on Garlett last time but might have to take Betts this time around.

Carlton are a severely weakened side at the moment, so the timing couldn't be better for us, but our side looks pretty weak as well. Getting my hopes up for a Bulldogs win (or at least a competitive game).

My predictions (apologies for the formating):
F: Garlett Henderson Betts
B: Pearce Lake Murphy
HF: Collins Thornton Robinson
HB: Gilbee Austin Veszpremi
C: Gibbs McLean Scotland
C: Boyd Cross Wallis
HB: Yarran Watson Russell
HF: Dahlhaus Williams Higgins
B: McInnes Jamison Duigan
F: Dickson Cordy Giansiracusa
FOLL: Kruezer Carrazzo Murphy
FOLL: Minson Griffen Picken
I: Curnow Lucas Armfield Touhy
I: Smith Tutt Djerrkura Liberatore

IN: Thornton, Russell, Touhy OUT: Judd (susp), Walker (inj.), Joseph (inj.)
IN: Gia, Pearce, Austin, Veszpremi OUT: Markovic (inj.), Sherman (omit.), Howard (rest), Hargrave (omit.)

Was hard finding match-ups for Garlett and Betts. Bob played on Garlett last time but might have to take Betts this time around.

Carlton are a severely weakened side at the moment, so the timing couldn't be better for us, but our side looks pretty weak as well. Getting my hopes up for a Bulldogs win (or at least a competitive game).
Looks like its gona be a good game

Don't forget Carlton's atrocious record at Etihad too. Even still, it would be a brave/foolish person to bet on the Dogs this week.

Don't mind ossie_21's ins/outs:
In - Grant, Panos, Giansiracusa, Johannisen, Austin
Out - Sherman, Djerrkura, Cordy, Howard, Markovic

Quite keen to see how we function with Panos playing as full-forward.

That said, this week isn't bad to have Cordy at FF - cos I reckon Jamison would find him a bit over-sized for his liking.

Maybe also have Minson out for Tom Campbell this week to keep the ruck rotations going.

The 10 minutes Murphy played on Betts last time they played, Betts scored 2 or 3 goals (NAB Cup). They switched Addison to him and Betts had no influence from then on. I don't like Murphy on Betts. Murhpy is an attacking HB. Trying to beat Betts requires someone who is going to blanket him. Thinking about attacking while defending him is just asking to be exploited. With Addison out for another week or 2 it's going to be tough to find someone to do this, but sacrificing Murphy's rebound to defend Betts should be a last resort.

The 10 minutes Murphy played on Betts last time they played, Betts scored 2 or 3 goals (NAB Cup). They switched Addison to him and Betts had no influence from then on. I don't like Murphy on Betts. Murhpy is an attacking HB. Trying to beat Betts requires someone who is going to blanket him. Thinking about attacking while defending him is just asking to be exploited. With Addison out for another week or 2 it's going to be tough to find someone to do this, but sacrificing Murphy's rebound to defend Betts should be a last resort.
JJ would be handy to play on him, worth a shot i guess. Vez is maybe another

Carlton are likely to be missing the following players this week;
Walker, Judd, Simpson, Kreuzer, Lucas, Warnock, Laidler, Hampson, Henderson, Waite, Touhy and there is a good chance Joseph wont play either.

Carlton are likely to be missing the following players this week;
Walker, Judd, Simpson, Kreuzer, Lucas, Warnock, Laidler, Hampson, Henderson, Waite, Touhy and there is a good chance Joseph wont play either.
You're ****ed - just rest a few more for next week :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back