Preview Changes vs Cats in the Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for Vardy IMO.

Hickey's been below par over last month.
Hickeys past month has been far greater than anything Vardy has given in 2019

Hickey stays.

Last edited:

I don’t think there will be any unforced changes.

I was thinking about how 3 tall defenders will work if we play Collingwood, given they only have Mihocek as their tall forward at the moment. Then I hear this voice saying De Goey’s in the goalsquare.

Nelson maybe out for Duggan. Nelson is a better shutdown defender though.

I don’t think there will be any unforced changes.

I was thinking about how 3 tall defenders will work if we play Collingwood, given they only have Mihocek as their tall forward at the moment. Then I hear this voice saying De Goey’s in the goalsquare.

Nelson maybe out for Duggan. Nelson is a better shutdown defender though.
Yep Nelso is a bull i have warmed to him. Schofield can go up on Degoey

We are fairly quick though. If Cameron were to come in it would be for Waterman, but waterman played that linkup role superbly.
Yep i think the balance is just about there. Waterman plays the role that allows JK and Darling to stay at home. Schofiled plays lock down to allow Barrass and Gov to play intercept.

Duggan for Nelson.

Nelson continually kills our quick transition out of the back half - he is not a quick thinker and always holds up the play. Duggan is the better player for our structure, and I think he will be hungry to atone for a bad Round 22.

Unless injuries which I doubt then

No changes

Nelson in his first final was serviceable and sure made a few mistakes but will be better for the experience..
I liked Hickey’s desperation in the 2 Nd half took some contested marks and laid a great tackle..And out of all the guys he probably had a interrupted week with the birth of a baby boy only last week..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickeys past month has been far greater than anything Vardy has given in 2019

Hickey stays.

100% true. However, Hickey has been terrible in the ruck over the last few months. Would rather Vardy IMO.

Duggan for Nelson.

Nelson continually kills our quick transition out of the back half - he is not a quick thinker and always holds up the play. Duggan is the better player for our structure, and I think he will be hungry to atone for a bad Round 22.
I don't think he slows down the play as much as Hurn does. Sometimes Hurn takes forever and a day

No change maybe Nelson if he is injured.

I am thinking Cameron? in for Masten for some speed?
Mastens role as the defensive winger is very underrated. The amount of unrewarded running he does to get back in defence , cover the space on the switch and general link up play is huge .

It is the most thankless job in football .

Masten stays in for sure great game last night .

Last edited:
I'm not sure Allen will be fit and even if he is, I'm not sure whether I'd want him displacing Waterman who at least seems to know how to play his role. As much as I love Allen. And from what RE said I'm doubting that Duggan will be good to go either.

So if Nelson is out, then I guess Rotham or maybe Cole. I've been one of Nelson's biggest defenders and you get some leeway for a first final but I thought he was garbage last night.

Would love to have Cameron back in the team somehow, just don't know who to drop for him.

Probably end up going with no changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back