Strategy Changes Vs Cats: OUT: Hannan and Hibb, IN: JSmith and Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for you to explain what changes he should have made.

Sorry its just that for the entire week I had a sense of dread that if we didn't do anything bold and creative like picking Baker or Kent/VDB that selecting Tyson or J Smith was going to be handing the points over.

Like I said I am really sorry for being an Electron here. Maybe next week I'll be a Proton or a Neutron at worst.

also, ill be having a decent bet on us this week, Geelong @ $1.60 is decent unders. Feel it should be Geelong $1.90 Melbourne $2.00

Cats nowhere near as impressive at home this year as they have been in recent years, and we play some of our best footy on the road incredibly. Confident enough to part with 3 figures + @ the $2.25 - $2.30

Exactly.

Whilst not a world beater, Smith is better (and quicker) than Wagner.

And in terms of a like for like replacement, frankly Tyson is as good a reserve as any other side as in the 2nds.

I dont understand how you could ever come to that conclusion.

Smith tries hard but he isn't AFL standard, at least not yet, Wagner has at least played a few quality games and quarters here and there (despite the massive brain fart every now and then)

Eh, the changes are to be expected, albeit underwhelming. As said, Tyson is the logical replacement for Viney, while we don’t have anything like a replacement for Hibberd. I’d think it was either go with Wagner, and replace his kicking with someone who can do so once in every five attempts, or go with Smith, and replace his run with someone quicker, although dumber ...

I dont understand how you could ever come to that conclusion.

Smith tries hard but he isn't AFL standard, at least not yet, Wagner has at least played a few quality games and quarters here and there (despite the massive brain fart every now and then).

Wagner has played 1 half of acceptable footy once. He offers nothing. Smith has shown as much, and has broader upside.

At the end of the day both are behind Lever, Pig and Hunt when available.

Tyson and Smith for Hannan and Hibberd.

EDIT: Darn.
I appreciated your effort.

Much in the same way as a primary school teacher gave me a busy bee stamp for putting together a random blob of lacquered clay and submitting it as an ashtray in my craft class.

Eh, the changes are to be expected, albeit underwhelming. As said, Tyson is the logical replacement for Viney, while we don’t have anything like a replacement for Hibberd. I’d think it was either go with Wagner, and replace his kicking with someone who can do so once in every five attempts, or go with Smith, and replace his run with someone quicker, although dumber ...

Play Fritsch in Hibbo's role all game please.

Play Fritsch in Hibbo's role all game please.
This. It’s bizarre but he is a natural intercept and rebounder.

He’s got a few tricks actually. If he continues his upward trajectory then I fully expect him to be capable of outperforming everyone on our list in their natural position by about May 2019.

Wagner has played 1 half of acceptable footy once. He offers nothing. Smith has shown as much, and has broader upside.

At the end of the day both are behind Lever, Pig and Hunt when available.

I agree they both aren't best 22 but at least I've seen Wagner play a really good game in the AFL. I know he has it in him. Whether or not he can narrow the gap between his best and worst is the main issue with him, until he can, he will only ever get a game with us when we get hit by injuries.

I agree they both aren't best 22 but at least I've seen Wagner play a really good game in the AFL. I know he has it in him. Whether or not he can narrow the gap between his best and worst is the main issue with him, until he can, he will only ever get a game with us when we get hit by injuries.
I thought it would be Wagner TBH. Smith makes me nervous for some reason. Ball in hand, any old thing can happen. With Wagner ball in hand I more feel that any old thing might happen.

Also I don’t think Wagner is terrible at all - though I see he isn’t best 22 most weeks without injury - but I’m too scared to speak up about it because it’s like confessing some awkward disease.

I thought it would be Wagner TBH. Smith makes me nervous for some reason. Ball in hand, any old thing can happen. With Wagner ball in hand I more feel that any old thing might happen.

Also I don’t think Wagner is terrible at all - though I see he isn’t best 22 most weeks without injury - but I’m too scared to speak up about it because it’s like confessing some awkward disease.

I dont know about feeling comfortable with Wagner having the ball, he is prone to the odd turnover also. Nil all draw ill call it.

I like Wagner's hustle and effort just as much as Smith though, he's fearless, tackles hard, spoils with purpose. To me Wagner is far the more natural footballer, Smith just relies on his athleticism, still looks ever bit the project player we drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max Gawn says hold my beer
Okay it’s a stretch, but it would be unforgettable in one way or other for Goody to attempt it. So in May 2019 I want to see Fritsch as first ruck, Gawn as 3rd tall forward / relieving ruck. While we’re there I fully expect to see OMac as FF, Jetta as CHF. Hogan and Tommy can help the cheer squad spell the banner motif.

I dont know about feeling comfortable with Wagner having the ball, he is prone to the odd turnover also. Nil all draw ill call it.

I like Wagner's hustle and effort just as much as Smith though, he's fearless, tackles hard, spoils with purpose. To me Wagner is far the more natural footballer, Smith just relies on his athleticism, still looks ever bit the project player we drafted.
Smith is a victim of latecomer to the game syndrome. Frosty too to some extent.

It’s why I have a lot of faith in Brayshaw even when he doesn’t have a great game on a particular day, or Topkent blasts him for this and that. From his first game you could see that his instincts are those of a natural footballer. And you can take any bloke who can jump higher or run faster, but if they didn’t develop their instincts really young then it can never be manufactured late - however good the training and conditioning is. Much in the same way as if you find an 18yo with perfect pitch that’s great, but you are at least 10 years too late to turn them into a concert violinist

B: Jetta - O.Mac - Wagner/Smith
HB: Lewis - Frost - Salem
INT: Vince

Christ that's a bad backline.

June 21st 2015:

F: ANB (playing his 3rd game), Howe, Garlett
HF: Toumpas/Riley, Dawes, Matt Jones

If that forward line can kick us a winning score at KP (18 goals) then that backline can do their job also. (Aiden Riley subbed on for Toumpas at 3/4 time)

Sorry its just that for the entire week I had a sense of dread that if we didn't do anything bold and creative like picking Baker or Kent/VDB that selecting Tyson or J Smith was going to be handing the points over.

Like I said I am really sorry for being an Electron here. Maybe next week I'll be a Proton or a Neutron at worst.

How on earth could you think AVB could be picked? 1.5games in 2 years.

How on earth could you think AVB could be picked? 1.5games in 2 years.

None of the players on our list had played a single game for us before they played a game for us.

Smith is a victim of latecomer to the game syndrome. Frosty too to some extent.

It’s why I have a lot of faith in Brayshaw even when he doesn’t have a great game on a particular day, or Topkent blasts him for this and that. From his first game you could see that his instincts are those of a natural footballer. And you can take any bloke who can jump higher or run faster, but if they didn’t develop their instincts really young then it can never be manufactured late - however good the training and conditioning is. Much in the same way as if you find an 18yo with perfect pitch that’s great, but you are at least 10 years too late to turn them into a concert violinist
I agree with everything you you say, but after the heartbreak Trengove caused you can forgive those that are a little guarded about Brayshaw

June 21st 2015:

F: ANB (playing his 3rd game), Howe, Garlett
HF: Toumpas/Riley, Dawes, Matt Jones

If that forward line can kick us a winning score at KP (18 goals) then that backline can do their job also. (Aiden Riley subbed on for Toumpas at 3/4 time)
That’s pus.

Didn’t Spencer and Gawn alternate forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back