Preview Changes vs Cats - Rd 14, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo is pretty easy to read in his presser normally.

Judging by his comments today, I don’t think Wood will play and Martin will play if he gets through a fitness test.

I’m tipping unchanged.

Leigh Montagna is hit and miss but he can come up with some analysis that goes against the conventional wisdom

In his preview of Friday's match he noted that Geelong's kpds have been found wanting a lot more than ours this year

In recent weeks in losing teams, Charlie Dixon kicked 4.1 against Geelong, Ben King 3.2, Max King 1.5 and a heap of marks and even Sydney's Hayden MacLean kicked 4.

Montagna tipped Naughts to be a major factor.
Naughton is always a factor with his contested marking. All depends whether his got his kicking boots on.

Leigh Montagna is hit and miss but he can come up with some analysis that goes against the conventional wisdom

In his preview of Friday's match he noted that Geelong's kpds have been found wanting a lot more than ours this year

In recent weeks in losing teams, Charlie Dixon kicked 4.1 against Geelong, Ben King 3.2, Max King 1.5 and a heap of marks and even Sydney's Hayden MacLean kicked 4.

Montagna tipped Naughts to be a major factor.

The thing is when I put up the differences between the two forward lines, I chose not to put the 4th claw of our monster in there.

A player who currently sits 3rd for the most goals in our team. The Bont. Who has only kicked 3 fewer goals than the 3rd wheel of The now much vaunted Cats 3HM.All this despite The Bont playing predominantly through the centre of the ground.

Somehow its a given that the Cats defence will just take care of our forward line and their forwards will do exactly the same.

The reserves are playing at Geelong tomorrow before the main game, so we will know early one who and who isn't playing.

That will curb any perceived advantage that Geelong get from making their usual late change.

Wallis sub 100%, McLean and Wood both need VFL minutes.

Sweet there as emergency just in case Martin can’t play, but also wouldn’t be surprised if he plays limited VFL minutes just in case we need a very late change, or is held over altogether.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like our chances against a slow Geelong side and hope we play to our strengths.
Just looking at our sides, I'm expecting a lot of pressure on Geelong's defence. We should absolutely match them in the air at a minimum with Naughton, English and Bruce, then on the ground they really don't have much pace in defence at all. It's basically just Tuohy so I'd expect the likes of Scott, Hannan, Weightman and Roarke Smith to be applying a tonne of pressure when they try to clear it out.

Rohan is part of the 3 headed monster? Has he ever played well against us?

34248be354ef5092d211868a7f148da6.jpg

Rohan is part of the 3 headed monster? Has he ever played well against us?

34248be354ef5092d211868a7f148da6.jpg

I remember Wood got injured last season We were left with Gardner on Rohan it was like a tortoise V hare and Gardner got burnt a number times in last quarter and was one of the main reasons we lost. Hope we do get that match up.

Predicted wet weather and Hawkins is without doubt the best KPF in the AFL in wet conditions.

Our mids will need to stand tall if we are to win this.

Most of the rain tomorrow will be in the morning and early afternoon. 30% chance of rain in Geelong after 4pm and if any it will be next to nothing.

I am unsure how teams let Hawkins to be so effective as a ruckman in the forward line. Quite simple Martin/English take the ruck against him always in front in boundary throw ins and ball ups.

I am unsure how teams let Hawkins to be so effective as a ruckman in the forward line. Quite simple Martin/English take the ruck against him always in front in boundary throw ins and ball ups.

Hawkins outrucks most rucks. He's probably the strongest player in the comp. He will beat Martin and as for English...lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back