Preview Changes vs Cats - Rd 14, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for the boys back at home, very hard to press your case when there is no games. Hopefully the Footscray boys get to play next week.

In: Sweet, Garcia
Out: Martin, Gardner or Cordy (Daniel back to defence)

Stef sounds like he may be alright. We could easily drop R. Smith, West, Gardner/Cordy etc.

Difficult situation given no VFL and some guys haven't played for sometime.

Minimal changes until players get some genuine game time.

I think its one reason we played Gardner as he was coming off injury and we have an eye on Geelong and Westcoast and their forward lines.

After the weekends game where the MC picked an underdone Gardner, and he duly performed as such, surely there is no excuses on picking an underdone JUH.
He offers much more upside than Gardner ever will, and will impact the side more positively.

R.Smith cant be carried again either, ever. Bevo needs to let his surfing buddy go, its over. Gardner also showed he is a long way off but he wont be dropped, surely L.Young has pi55ed someone on MC off, I hope he goes somewhere else next year and plays well.

In: Sweet, JUH, McNeil, Young (for gardner, but wont happen)
Out: R.Smith, West, Martin

11 cases today. Are hubs close if other states continue let us in thinking we will be playing the cats in Sydney. I fear we are in for a long lockdown.

Must be close to enacting hubs. I'd bet good money that we won't be playing in Geelong in 11 days.

It will depend if the new covid cases are linked to previous cases but even if they play at Geelong i cant see them playing a game in front of a crowd

I thought it was pretty clear from Bevo’s presser that players will now have the chance to be selected without consistent VFL form.

He realizes that it may no longer be realistic to expect that is possible. I also think that he knows that certain players like JUH, McLean and Richards would be in our best side and he will want to get them going before the finals.

Won’t be surprised to see any of these players come in without much lower level prepping for the Cats or Eagles.

Just an FYI for anyone who doesn't watch the pressers:

Bevo specifically mentioned that we are playing all three of Gardner, Cordy and Keath to prepare for the tall forward lines coming up in our next couple of games (West Coast, Geelong).
One of those wouldn’t be playing if Wood was in I’d say.

I don’t think it would be any surprise that Keath was probably given a bit more of a license to run and carry last night. You can’t play 3 KPD if none offer any sort of rebounding ability.

I thought it was pretty clear from Bevo’s presser that players will now have the chance to be selected without consistent VFL form.

He realizes that it may no longer be realistic to expect that is possible. I also think that he knows that certain players like JUH, McLean and Richards would be in our best side and he will want to get them going before the finals.

Won’t be surprised to see any of these players come in without much lower level prepping for the Cats or Eagles.
I feel bad for Tobes who would’ve been champing at the bit to get on the field after a long layoff.

If there were no VFL games for a couple more weeks I wonder if they would consider listing him as the medical sub or too risky?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel bad for Tobes who would’ve been champing at the bit to get on the field after a long layoff.

If there were no VFL games for a couple more weeks I wonder if they would consider listing him as the medical sub or too risky?

I think the above is a perfect way to get Toby Mclean ( Also known to me as the man that made me believe we could win the 2016 Flag after he kicked that important goal at the end of the second quarter in that game ) if we have no VFL games for some time

Correct me if I am wrong, but did I hear in Bevo's brief that we are playing Geelong next Friday?? Very confused now!

Danger probably plays in this one.

AFL website has him at 1-2 weeks from last week, so that would mean he's touch and go to play this week. We can only assume he'd be right to go for our match.

OUT: Martin, Hannan

IN: Sweet, Wallis (or West if Wallis is stuck in Melbourne... or even McLean if he's ready...?)

Just don't see what Hannan offers us. Was happy to give him a few weeks, but I think I've seen enough and I want out Vice Captain back in the team.

Yep, and we're already doing it with Hannan, Martin and Gardner. Those three only played because they lacked fitness and game exposure and desperately need to play at some level to get going. AFL level is the only option for them, so they're in. We'll see more of it if the VFL season continues to be interrupted.

Yep, and we're already doing it with Hannan, Martin and Gardner. Those three only played because they lacked fitness and game exposure and desperately need to play at some level to get going. AFL level is the only option for them, so they're in. We'll see more of it if the VFL season continues to be interrupted.
West was benched for about the first 10 minutes of the last quarter, only came on when we looked home, not a vote of confidence from the coach, particularly when he only played a half, hard to see him playing next round based on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back