Preview Changes vs Cats (Rnd4)-In: Melksham, Out: Sparrow(omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think TMac, Fritsch, Weed and Brown all battle for 2 spots. Can't have more than 2 in there.

I watched the game with my old man, and we were speaking about this afterwards. We agreed you can only play 2 of TMac, Jackson, Brown & Weid, but having Jackson frees Gawn up around the ground, so it essentially becomes one of that trio (assuming Fritta stays in).

Since we beat them in 2015:

1) a 111 point belting
2) a game where we dominated all day, kicked one thousand behinds, and then Dangerfield singlehandedly won it in one quarter
3) Petracca plays the greatest first quarter ever, heart breaking R1 loss by under a goal, Gawn misses
4) goalless last quarter, give up big lead, tuohy after siren
4.1) elimination final victory which allowed us to get humiliated in the prelim
5) 80 point flogging when we almost break our own I50 record
6) third loss by under a goal in four H&A games

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's a popular opinion on here to bag Jones (ridiculous for a 297 game club legend who stayed loyal and led us (unofficially) through the bad times, and obviously has re-signed knowing he's not best 22 and has been dropped before), but pls do tell me why you'd keep Sparrow over him?
Sparrow tackles: 6, 1, 4
Jones: 0, 3, 1

Sparrow doesn't do much offensively, but Jones is a liability with ball in hand, usually makes the wrong decision, but when he does occasionally make the right one, the execution is off

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Beaten by Adelaide, should've lost to Brisbane at home and were lucky to escape today. We should go in confident.

What I would give for a boring 20-30 point loss to the Cats where they lead all day, we never look threatening, the result is never in doubt, and our ladder position remains the same.
The way Geelong are going, I think we might get a game where we are favourites but choke a 30-40 point lead and miss a lot of goals. Even better

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sparrow tackles: 6, 1, 4
Jones: 0, 3, 1

Sparrow doesn't do much offensively, but Jones is a liability with ball in hand, usually makes the wrong decision, but when he does occasionally make the right one, the execution is off

Jones had 2 or 3 goal assists last night?

Im far from confident about this game. Genuine fears about playing at the G which is absolutely ridiculous. How many teams supporters are scared of playing at their home ground.

3-0 has given me expectations , i don't enjoy having expectations. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love to see tmac gone but can’t see it happening, maybe hibbo for Jetta
Can’t wait for Weid and B Brown to be in the side, will straighter is up a lot.
We're gonna need Tmac competing in the air if we want to beat Geelong. He didn't get a lot of stats yesterday but the GWS bigs didn't take many intercepts which brings the pressure from Koz, ANB, Spargo and Sparrow

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Since we beat them in 2015:

1) a 111 point belting
2) a game where we dominated all day, kicked one thousand behinds, and then Dangerfield singlehandedly won it in one quarter
3) Petracca plays the greatest first quarter ever, heart breaking R1 loss by under a goal, Gawn misses
4) goalless last quarter, give up big lead, tuohy after siren
4.1) elimination final victory which allowed us to get humiliated in the prelim
5) 80 point flogging when we almost break our own I50 record
6) third loss by under a goal in four H&A games

Wasn't a goalless last quarter btw we kicked 2 in the last in 2018 at KP, including the goal to go up nearly 30 points at the start of the quarter.

Wasn't a goalless last quarter btw we kicked 2 in the last in 2018 at KP, including the goal to go up nearly 30 points at the start of the quarter.
Goalless last quarter was v Richmond in 2017 I think. Similar in that oppo FF kicked 6 goals.

1) campaigner
2) fu**
3) sh*t
4) ******* campaigner
5) ******* sh*t campaigner fu**
6) ah what the hell I give up

Close 😂

Have erased #1 and #2 from my memory tho surprisingly, nice 👌

#3 Foxtel controller game (broke it)
#4 Backdoor game (punched a hole in it)
#5 Make my mates kids cry game 👍😂👍
#6 Bathwater drinking game
#7 Flood the living s**t out of our own F50 game

Im far from confident about this game. Genuine fears about playing at the G which is absolutely ridiculous. How many teams supporters are scared of playing at their home ground.

3-0 has given me expectations , i don't enjoy having expectations. 😂
FWIW the MCG is actually smaller than Manuka oval.

Manuka is 179m x 150m MCG is 171m x 146m

What I would give for a boring 20-30 point loss to the Cats where they lead all day, we never look threatening, the result is never in doubt, and our ladder position remains the same.
A simpler time

It’s an oddly large ground. I remember smith smacked 80 off 50 balls there in a t20 a few years ago when everyone thought he wasn’t a power hitter

It’s an oddly large ground. I remember smith smacked 80 off 50 balls there in a t20 a few years ago when everyone thought he wasn’t a power hitter

I looked it up because I was suprised by how much space there seemed to be across the ground yesterday. I will say that I don't know if those measurements are fence to fence or boundary line but I don't think it matters for the exercise.

EDIT: Double checked and this appears to be the boundary line dimensions for the two grounds, nearly identical:

UNSW Canberra Oval - 162.5m - 138m
MCG - 161m - 138m

Last edited:

It's more the vibe, or mabo. The place gives me the creeps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back