Preview Changes vs Cats (Rnd4)-In: Melksham, Out: Sparrow(omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sparrows averaging 9 disposals this season.
Yeah, 14 touches, a goal, 5 score involvements 13 pressure acts last week

10 disposals, 5 score involvements and 21 pressure acts the first week.

And as noted in my initial post, ordinary game 3.

I've hardly been his biggest supporter, but as I said, dumping him after 1 ordinary game and 2 serviceable games doesn't seem real beneficial. All the while playing his 10th game.

Christ surely you of most posters would see there's more to output than disposals mate.

Yeah, 14 touches, a goal, 5 score involvements 13 pressure acts last week

10 disposals, 5 score involvements and 21 pressure acts the first week.

And as noted in my initial post, ordinary game 3.

I've hardly been his biggest supporter, but as I said, dumping him after 1 ordinary game and 2 serviceable games doesn't seem real beneficial. All the while playing his 10th game.

Christ surely you of most posters would see there's more to output than disposals mate.

Of course there is, you don't think Chandler or Bedford could apply the same amount of pressure but actually get the ball?

If we're going to do anything this year we should be winning this game. I think we match up well against Geelong but often get beaten in the coaches box. We look like we're better in that area this year and our team is gelling more and more every week.

Thought Tom MacDonald was unlucky in the first when a couple of kicks sailed over his head.

But you could literally feel him sulking in the second. Lazy clothesline tackle, pathetic one-hand attempt at a mark. Body language was trash.
Get the fu** out.

Didn't see your game v GWS but thought McDonald was back in form in the first two weeks?

Didn't see your game v GWS but thought McDonald was back in form in the first two weeks?
Was good in the first two games but ordinary on Sunday.

He was but then returned to his usual sh*t self
Not his fault. GWS flooded against us and we had to just bomb it in and beat them by attrition, there was no lead up space for him. Ben Brown would have been horrific in that game aswell. It's why we had to move max forward

Not his fault. GWS flooded against us and we had to just bomb it in and beat them by attrition, there was no lead up space for him. Ben Brown would have been horrific in that game aswell. It's why we had to move max forward
That didn't help of course but he still had zero presence, hardly saw him at all.

In that scenario I just want him to start crashing packs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not his style of game.
So you're telling me that a 194cm 100kg CHF doesn't crash packs and provide a contest because it doesn't suit him. Pls man.

Not bothered by him having a crappy game, especially if delivery isn't great.

But you can at least keep your head up, avoid giving away crappy frees from lazy, half-arsed tackles, use both hands when you're going for a mark and stop looking like a whiney little bitch.

Save the sulking for when Weed's fit and you're back in the VFL.

He's been good for 2 weeks, not sure how he seemingly lost so much confidence from one crappy half of footy.

Last edited:
So you're telling me that a 194cm 100kg CHF doesn't crash packs and provide a contest because it doesn't suit him. Pls man.
Wasn't a crash pack game. Ball was being kicked in rugby style and 13 people were contesting it every time. Tmac isn't a high jumper at the ball he's an athletic get on the lead player. You can crash a pack when it's low and flat, when it's dumped on your head with 15 men around it's a game of height. Thus why Gawn went forward.

Of course there is, you don't think Chandler or Bedford could apply the same amount of pressure but actually get the ball?
I don't know. Do you? I've not seen many people pushing for Bedford or Chandler, but more Melksham. Do I think he can add as much pressure? Probably not..

Chandler was unlucky to miss out early on, I'd be ok to see him stay I'm just guessing and saying no, I don't think either of them can get that much ball.

Would feel more confident about this game if we were playing at the Fortress of Solitude aka Castle Grayskull aka the wonderful, wonderful Marvel Stadium instead of the G.

I dunno bloke. We are so slow you blokes could have a cup of tea and then get your kick away. I reckon Scott will turn this game into an ugly brawl like our last forgettable clash.

We've lost 3 games to Geelong by under a goal the last few years, simply have to start well and keep a buffer all day, they're one of those sides that just finds a way to win when they get a sniff, particularly against us. Next two weeks are massive imo, potential of 5-0 and I think our season will be set of perfectly.

Only change I'd make is perhaps Hibberd in for Jetta, but wouldn't be unhappy with the same side either.

TheCount has convinced me that we can’t possibly win this game by less than 6 goals.

So with that said, I’ll take the seemingly riskier in of Bedford, rather than Melk.

Thought Tom MacDonald was unlucky in the first when a couple of kicks sailed over his head.

But you could literally feel him sulking in the second. Lazy clothesline tackle, pathetic one-hand attempt at a mark. Body language was trash.
Get the fu** out.
Can't really afford to get rid of him until Brown or Weid gets fit. We could give Petty a go? No idea how he is tracking, but I think he was training with the backs anyway. So he's first back up if one of our KPD goes down. We could go small and play Gawn in the F50 more surrounded by short people. Jackson been holding his own in the ruck. I'd give TMac one more week, but if he thought it was tough against the Giants backs, wait until he comes up against Blicavs and Stewart this week! They will control our F50 a lot better than the Giants did. He just has to get on his bike and get running. It's his strength. I know Blicavs is the same, but as long as he brings the ball to ground and takes the occasional grab, he's done his job. I'd actually take Blicavs out of the D50 as much as possible.

Can't really afford to get rid of him until Brown or Weid gets fit. We could give Petty a go? No idea how he is tracking, but I think he was training with the backs anyway. So he's first back up if one of our KPD goes down. We could go small and play Gawn in the F50 more surrounded by short people. Jackson been holding his own in the ruck. I'd give TMac one more week, but if he thought it was tough against the Giants backs, wait until he comes up against Blicavs and Stewart this week! They will control our F50 a lot better than the Giants did. He just has to get on his bike and get running. It's his strength. I know Blicavs is the same, but as long as he brings the ball to ground and takes the occasional grab, he's done his job. I'd actually take Blicavs out of the D50 as much as possible.
TMac's been good until the weekend, and he does deserve another week.

He's on notice though, would rather Mitch Brown or a half-fit Majak Daw than the dross he served up on Sunday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back