Prediction Changes vs Collingwood 1st Elim Final @ Optus SATURDAY 3rd OCT 6.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jetta is the Trump card weapon we need to seriously challenge this finals campaign.

Play him in DEFENSE where he belongs, or don't play him at all. Leave Duggan up the ground if we have to.

Put your pride aside ffs Simpson.

Lol, as if the reason Jetta was out of the side for weeks was Simpson’s pride, not the fact that his form put him behind Sheppard, Hurn, Nelson, Duggan, Rotham and Cole in the pecking order for small and medium defenders.

I've seen a couple posters say that Duggo plays like yeoy. Does he have the contested ability of yeo tho? His contested ball seems pretty low and and unless if he's on the move, he's not overly good at breaking tackles.

Last edited:

Duggan is nothing like Yeo whatsoever . Yeo is a physical beast and the best tackler in the game. Duggan is smaller and doesn't have the same physical attributes. He is very tough and hard Duggan but comparing him to Yeo is ridiculous.

Duggan is a great stop gap option for this year and going forward if we get injuries to mids or we start playing Shuey more forward. The more time He gets in there the better he will be.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol, as if the reason Jetta was out of the side for weeks was Simpson’s pride, not the fact that his form put him behind Sheppard, Hurn, Nelson, Duggan, Rotham and Cole in the pecking order for small and medium defenders.
. We won 8 in a row after he got dropped.
He is so lazy defensively that is why he hasn't played in defence in his 2nd stint this year. But i do think it's worth taking the punt with him in finals.

Duggan is nothing like Yeo whatsoever . Yeo is a physical beast and the best tackler in the game. Duggan is smaller and doesn't have the same physical attributes. He is very tough and hard Duggan but comparing him to Yeo is ridiculous.

Duggan is a great stop gap option for this year and going forward if we get injuries to mids or we start playing Shuey more forward. The more time He gets in there the better he will be.

Thats what I'm alluding to but seen a couple people on here an twitter throw the comparison around. Genuinely wouldn't mind Duggo being like a Luke Hodge when he can play of both positions.

Actually wouldn't mind him playing in the middle in a couple weeks and allowing Kelly to spend more time forward

I've seen a couple posters say that Duggo plays like yeoy. Does he have the contested ability of yeo tho? His contested ball seems pretty low and and unless if he's on the move, he's not overly good at breaking tackles.
I think the exact quote was "Duggan is the closest thing we have to a Yeo" which is nothing like saying 'he plays like Yeo' or is similar to Yeo in all areas? Duggan has a hardness, an attack, takes it on. These are attributes Yeo has but Yeo does it better.
Nelson is hard also and has these attributes but is not as good as Duggan.
Duggan was only mentioned in this way by others as a stand-in mid until Yeo returns. But it's also great to get some experience into Duggan and have another bullocking mid on call when needed.

He's an improved player. Duggan breaks some tackles, doesn't break others. Duggan can kick well and he can kick poorly at times. Not many players break tackles all the time and kick perfectly all the time.
Besides Duggs has the Mo+The Mullet combo, and that's a pass in my books!

Last edited:

If anything Duggan the midfielder projects like a Redden - someone tough and hard who does the right things and makes the mids around him better. At some point we'll need to find another A grader to develop in there but good sides are built around the solid B graders doing their job. Our midfield needs the depth more than our backline going forward, would love to see him spending a lot more time there next year

I think it was just good to see Duggan's awareness in the centre square, feigning to handball and then moving forward with the ball, breaking the line, that is Yeo like, but also Shuey like. Basically it's just good midfield play with decent confidence and a good positive mindset. Nobody on our team is as athletic as Yeo, save for Ryan (who lacks the strength of Yeo).

He's not an incredible kick but he has sorted out the howlers and grubbers that he used to have. Besides, Yeo's kicking hasn't been great for a while, but the ability to pump it 55-60 is one of Yeo's strengths.

Jetta is the Trump card weapon we need to seriously challenge this finals campaign.

Play him in DEFENSE where he belongs, or don't play him at all. Leave Duggan up the ground if we have to.

Put your pride aside ffs Simpson.

IN : Shuey, Jetta, Redden, Cripps

OUT : Ainsworth, Foley, Williams, Petrucelle

Losing very little and gaining plenty with those changes.
take it to the trump thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally like the Jetta as a HFF/FP type, adds a bit of class and his tackling is better than Petruccele's.

Not sure if he makes it back though for an elimination final, the match committee will be wary of selecting too many who could suffer re-aggravating injuries.

To be honest Mcgovern its way too soon to bring him back and Yeo has been ruled out for the first final
In: Shuey, Reddo and Cripps
Out: Foely, Petrol and Williams

FB Hurn Schofield Nelson
HB Cole Barras Shep
C Gaff Kelly Dugann
HF Ryan Darling Cripps
FF Waterman JK Achee
FF: NN, Shuey, Redden

Int Sheed, Rotham, Allen and Ainsworth

Ainsworth will be needed to tag either one of the gun mids
Love Duggans work in the middle he is tough, tackles hard. A midfield of Shuey, Redden, Kelly, SHeed, Duggan and Gaff is very good
Achee/Petrol not sure who plays

Yeo is an A Grade gun and is our top 3 players. He is irreplacble but Duggan is a solid mid and puts his body on the line

Simmo has already basically confirmed the JK & Shuey ones, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back