Prediction Changes vs Collingwood 1st Elim Final @ Optus SATURDAY 3rd OCT 6.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he finally learnt that the multi quote is what gives him away, every single time.

Would love it if he just learnt to let things go. When the Candiru alias was created, he was quite civil for a few months before eventually cracking.

I knew I was getting a vibe! I thought it was Eagles87 with the overly argumentative, I'm right, you're all wrong, and I won't back down to you common morons type vibe.

Now you've said that it makes sense.

Pies have a pretty good forward press, probably based around the difficulties they have taking marks inside 50. And getting around a defensive press is something that we've had trouble with at times this year.

Rolling the dice with Jetta back to defense is one thing we could try out to help here, if he's fit enough.

Alternatively, we might hope that our ball movement is improved by the addition of players up the ground. Running with an extra dedicated forward in Cripps will help here. Cripps back in also lightens the load on Petrucelle in terms of how much he needs to run, which could help his offensive game (or rather, his finishing).

Personally I hope we go an extra forward to help with our transition out of the defensive half. I reckon we play our best when we have an extra forward to rotate, and our midfield rotations are fine if we can rotate players like Duggan, Nelson, Cole and Cripps on ball.

So basically I'm hungup between wanting Jetta and Petch.

If we went both, I could see Schofield making way for Jetta (assuming Gov is fit). I love Schoey, but we look more dynamic on paper if he's not there.

Shep, Barrass, Nelson
Hurn, Gov, Cole
Gaff, Sheed, Duggan
Cripps, Darling, Waterman
Ryan, JK, Ah Chee
Naitanui, Shuey, Kelly

IC: Allen, Jetta, Redden, Petrucelle

Pies have a pretty good forward press, probably based around the difficulties they have taking marks inside 50. And getting around a defensive press is something that we've had trouble with at times this year.

Rolling the dice with Jetta back to defense is one thing we could try out to help here, if he's fit enough.

Alternatively, we might hope that our ball movement is improved by the addition of players up the ground. Running with an extra dedicated forward in Cripps will help here. Cripps back in also lightens the load on Petrucelle in terms of how much he needs to run, which could help his offensive game (or rather, his finishing).

Personally I hope we go an extra forward to help with our transition out of the defensive half. I reckon we play our best when we have an extra forward to rotate, and our midfield rotations are fine if we can rotate players like Duggan, Nelson, Cole and Cripps on ball.

So basically I'm hungup between wanting Jetta and Petch.

If we went both, I could see Schofield making way for Jetta (assuming Gov is fit). I love Schoey, but we look more dynamic on paper if he's not there.

Shep, Barrass, Nelson
Hurn, Gov, Cole
Gaff, Sheed, Duggan
Cripps, Darling, Waterman
Ryan, JK, Ah Chee
Naitanui, Shuey, Kelly

IC: Allen, Jetta, Redden, Petrucelle
I'd like to keep Schofield in, as he matches up well with DeGoey. Dropping him will work if Gov is in, but Barass needs to be told to play a lockdown role and not go for intercept marks. I am sick of seeing him and McGovern spoil each other in marking contests!

If Geelong lose why can't we play them at the Adelaide oval can't they chose the venue since it's their home game?

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app
They get to nominate their preferred location. They don’t have the final say.

they won’t nominate Metricon though as they have struggled their as well. They’ll want the Gabba

In: Shuey, Redden, Cripps, Jetta
Out: Foley, Petruccelle, Ainsworth, Williams

Cole Barrass Sheppard
Hurn Schofield Jetta
Duggan Sheed Gaff
Cripps Darling Ryan
Waterman Kennedy Ah Chee

Naitanui, Shuey, Kelly

Redden, Allen, Nelson, Rotham

Probably too many defenders tbh

im still waiting for someone to tell me how we get this massive h and a advantage when half our games are interstate

if the assumption is made that hosting an team thats flown in means an automatic win then the corollary must also be true and its an automatic loss when we fly interstate

unless the assertion is that flying from the east to the west to play is harder than flying from west to east to play.

the fact is - our flag year - 2018 we won seven at home against fly ins, two against the purples for a total of 9 - not even close to playing finals.

the remaining matches we won interstate - 7 of them.

am i missing something?
Good post Kranky!
There could be a disadvantage flying east depending on the times.
On a side note I recall flying east on business trips in the late 80's/90's, either to Sydney or Melbourne and I swear it used take me a day to recover after the flight going that way. But flying back west was never a problem. Something to do with the sun and time (going back to the future?). Mind you being a red eye special/late night flight going east didn't help..

In: Shuey, Redden, Cripps, Jetta
Out: Foley, Petruccelle, Ainsworth, Williams

Cole Barrass Sheppard
Hurn Schofield Jetta
Duggan Sheed Gaff
Cripps Darling Ryan
Waterman Kennedy Ah Chee

Naitanui, Shuey, Kelly

Redden, Allen, Nelson, Rotham

Probably too many defenders tbh
With this approximate team - minus Yeo, Rioli, Lecca, Venables, Vardy- would it be a stronger team fielded than our 2018 GF team against Pies?
Who is in since then - Allen, Waterman, AhChee, Gaff, NN, Sheppard, Kelly..can't recall if Nelson and Duggan played then?

With this approximate team - minus Yeo, Rioli, Lecca, Venables, Vardy- would it be a stronger team fielded than our 2018 GF team against Pies?
Who is in since then - Allen, Waterman, AhChee, Gaff, NN, Sheppard, Kelly..can't recall if Nelson and Duggan played then?

Good question!

Yeo was a beast during finals and Rioli and Lecca were more than handy. Venables is about on par with Ah Chee.

Talent wise Allen is better than Vardy but Vardy was a beast during finals and was so integral with Lycett to nullify Gawn and Grundy X 2.

Duggan did play but he is a much better player now.

& then you Gaff, Nic Nat , Shep & Kelly.... is always going to make your team that much better.

Hutch has pinged his hammy too many times in games for me, he's the risky one. Plus with no Sidebottom I don't really see a role for him.

I reckon Gov gets up for it now. Vozzo sounded really positive in the injury report, and it would've been 24 days since he did it by the time we play.

In terms of "clicking" most these guys have only missed a game or two and are super experienced. Reddens had a hand injury and Cripps wasn't even injured so neither would've lost any conditioning, the rest from games probably works as a positive for them.

I'd go

In: Gov, Shuey, Redden, Cripps, Jetta
Out: Rotham, Ainsworth, Foley, Petch, Williams

Hurn Barrass Schofield
Shep Gov Cole
Gaff Redden Sheed
Waterman Darling Cripps
Ryan JK Ah Chee

NN Shuey Kelly

Duggan Nelson Allen Jetta

Jetta the real "risky" one, but I think his experience and class is too valuable in finals. If they want someone to play a role on a Crisp/Maynard he probably makes way and Ainsworth stays.

I think leaving out all of Rotham, Ainsworth, Williams is very risky. We’ll have a very old injury-prone team, if anything happens.

Leave Ainsworth in to tag. And Rotham more than handy. Like Williams’ grunt too - gives me “potential Harry McKay” vibes - ie plays the game unapologetically.

Can’t fit everyone in, but would leave Rotham in at least. If Duggan’s in the midfield and anything happens to Gov, at least we’re not exposed down back - they’d send Waterman back again, but we need Waterman to remain forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prices for tickets are cheaper than the regular season games. AFL sets finals pricing, eagles sets season games.
Gouge away Eagles.
Looks much the same as I pay for our regular seats, finals are usually more expensive and gradually get pricier each week of finals.

Your list is spot on imo. From first preference to last. Assuming we finish 5th.

1. Melbourne: mentally weak team who'd be cooked from hotel quarantine. A mirror of the 2018 prelim smacking.
2. Saints: not mentally weak but couldn't get past our seconds team and would also have the issue of quarantine.
3. Dogs: decent team but again, hotel quarantine might bring them unstuck. They are not the same team as 2016.
4. GWS: they have done quarantine here already and are a finals hardened team. Tough game.
5. Collingwood: they know what to expect with quarantine and will have pretty much a full squad. This will be the toughest of the lot.
Missing two of our best six-Howe and Sidebottom. Big outs.

Sidey is a massive out. He’s carved us up before we started tagging. Many of us still see this as a massive test. Lots of quality still in the pies list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back