Changes vs Collingwood (IN: Watson, Bellchambers, Ross | OUT: Slattery, Hurley, Pears)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Changes vs Collingwood (IN: Watson, Welsh, Bellchambers, Ross, Browne | OUT: Hurley, Pears)

Surely Welsh is not playing.. surely.

He's had no footy for a while and has broken down a few times already this season. There is no hope in hell he'll get through a whole game.

Maybe he's requested a swan song and is going to go out with a bang and knock a few out.

Re: Changes vs Collingwood (IN: Watson, Welsh, Bellchambers, Ross, Browne | OUT: Hurley, Pears)

Dont mind Ryder playing on Cloke - Can see two advantages

1) matched up OK in the past

2) Cloke will play deeper than normal - means less running for Ryder - a week's break from the ruck will freshen him up.

Really? I remember him getting spanked every time.

I'm afraid to predict this, but Cloke is going to have an incredible day out against us on Sunday.

10+ marks, 7 goals minimum.

Concur. He has given us headaches even when we've had at least a couple of the likes of Fletcher, Pears, Hooker, Hurley in the side... he will have a day out come Sunday.

By the sounds of the new Bomber Show on BomberTV, Mark McVeigh made reference to a "big 3 to 5 weeks" after the Collingwood game. A bit odd. Some players probably would of been right to go this week but they've pretty much conceded already and focusing on the Swans the next week. A bit sad when it has to come to that.

Cannot afford too much of a percentage belting. We have roughly 12 goals to play with before going under the 100% mark (which we've actually been above all season), if we can avoid that we're doing well. Throw 10 in defence and make it the ugliest, scrappiest contest of the year - we still won't win, but at least try and restrict the damage.

We cannot afford pathetic, half arsed, mistake riddled performances from the likes of Slattery, Welsh, Myers and a couple of others this week either. Have to play the games of their lives and keep some pride in this football club.

Year after year we get crucified by injuries. ******* Shits me to tears.

Some good ins but shocking outs as well.

Surely Welsh is not playing.. surely.

He's had no footy for a while and has broken down a few times already this season. There is no hope in hell he'll get through a whole game.

Maybe he's requested a swan song and is going to go out with a bang and knock a few out.

I like your thinking. :thumbsu:

Do it Welsh.....DO IT!

Really? I remember him getting spanked every time.

RIG

It is all relative

Ryder has done OK - Got beaten up badly on one occasion - other times was OK - Bear in mind that all our Key backs have been troubled by Cloke.

Anyway - Any suggestions for a good match up for Cloke.

RIG

It is all relative

Ryder has done OK - Got beaten up badly on one occasion - other times was OK - Bear in mind that all our Key backs have been troubled by Cloke.

Anyway - Any suggestions for a good match up for Cloke.

I think there's only one players on our list that would be ok against Cloke and he's not playing this week.

Cloke is a gun and plays well most weeks.

I think there's only one players on our list that would be ok against Cloke and he's not playing this week.

Cloke is a gun and plays well most weeks.

Think you are referring to Hurley - although he would probably play forward.

Cloke is due for an off day.

Good luck to Paddy !

IF Welsh is coming back in to knock people out, he should have done it last week. Would have been awesome!!!

If Welsh wanted a memorable exit, he already got it - he monstered Matthew Scarlett in our best win of 2011, and kicked a few goals in the process. That was awesome.

Incredible...we must be the only club in the AFL who week in week out, have players pulling out of injury, without hearing about it all week.

Last week I was excited thinking Hooker was going to come back in and hold down the back line with Pears, which gives Hurley an opportunity to play forward. Watson in and Hibberd to kick Slattery out.

Not only Watson didn't play, Hooker did his hammy again and Pears fractured his leg. Hibberd didn't get up and Fletch pulled out.

Fair enough...

So whole this week, here I am planning on Hurley to play on Cloke and Fletch coming back in to strengthen the back line....I just can't believe it.

Every season for the last 10 years...we start the season well. 1/3 in to the season injuries come along. 1/2 way in looks like we are going to get back some players for the run in. Then all of a sudden 2/3 of the team is gone, and we finish the season getting flogged game after game.

So why doesn't it happen to Geelong or Collingwood? It doesn't happen to Carlton or St Kilda either...Sydney...

Not only we've been poor in List management, recruiting, training, educating and coaching for over a decadae, but we apprently have the worst facilities and we don't have very good sport science people either. It looks like we are f___ed.

Incredible...we must be the only club in the AFL who week in week out, have players pulling out of injury, without hearing about it all week.

Last week I was excited thinking Hooker was going to come back in and hold down the back line with Pears, which gives Hurley an opportunity to play forward. Watson in and Hibberd to kick Slattery out.

Not only Watson didn't play, Hooker did his hammy again and Pears fractured his leg. Hibberd didn't get up and Fletch pulled out.

Fair enough...

So whole this week, here I am planning on Hurley to play on Cloke and Fletch coming back in to strengthen the back line....I just can't believe it.

Every season for the last 10 years...we start the season well. 1/3 in to the season injuries come along. 1/2 way in looks like we are going to get back some players for the run in. Then all of a sudden 2/3 of the team is gone, and we finish the season getting flogged game after game.

So why doesn't it happen to Geelong or Collingwood? It doesn't happen to Carlton or St Kilda either...Sydney...

Not only we've been poor in List management, recruiting, training, educating and coaching for over a decadae, but we apprently have the worst facilities and we don't have very good sport science people either. It looks like we are f___ed.

This x100.

My exact thoughts, so fustrated.

Good luck to young Ross and good to see Browne getting another look at it. Given the injuries around, there's no reason why we shouldn't see these guys get some continuity at senior level.

Yes finals are still on the radar but IMO focus has to remain on list development.

With Hurley and Pears out it doesn't surprise me to see Welsh get a go. Wouldn't be suprised to see him line up on O'brien. Would rather see him running around for Bendigo but what do you do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough...

Yup.666

obvious focus on the Sydney/Dogs games.

Cant say I blame them.

Hopefully a Ross or Browne gets a go infront of a massive crowd - Carlisle may get the massive learning job as Howlett and Heppell were last week.

Welsh is surely too soon? Perhaps he will be the sub, to give him a run to sharpen him a little for the week after?

We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

obvious focus on the Sydney/Dogs games.

Cant say I blame them.

Hopefully a Ross or Browne gets a go infront of a massive crowd - Carlisle may get the massive learning job as Howlett and Heppell were last week.

Welsh is surely too soon? Perhaps he will be the sub, to give him a run to sharpen him a little for the week after?

We really are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
I'm assuming

Int Slattery Bellchambers Davey Sub: Ross
Emer: Reimers Welsh Browne

As the line-up.

One positive, at least they haven't put another tall in the emergencies, says to me they're reasonably confident in both the talls we've picked coming up.

He said in his press conference today that Hille might be playing back this week on Cloke. I was at there he said stress related injury to his foot, not a stress fracture. He has scans and it's not a fracture

Looking fwd to seeing the first ever team start with 10 in defence and 2 fwds. I cant think of a reason why we wouldnt do it.

I'm assuming

Int Slattery Bellchambers Davey Sub: Ross
Emer: Reimers Welsh Browne

As the line-up.

One positive, at least they haven't put another tall in the emergencies, says to me they're reasonably confident in both the talls we've picked coming up.

why would Reimers be out?

Was about the only one who had an ounce of a crack in the 3rd, actually didnt play that bad a quarter at all considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back