Preview Changes vs Collingwood - May In, Preuss Out

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke that the Pies brought in (Madgen) is 198cm and plays forward - so he's tall-ish. Only 4 games so far, so I've no idea what threat he is. Probably perfect for OMac to go to him and for Madgen to score a Kingsley nom.
Madgen is a defender … but you'd think they'll be doing the same as us, and playing a key defender forward

The bloke that the Pies brought in (Madgen) is 198cm and plays forward - so he's tall-ish. Only 4 games so far, so I've no idea what threat he is. Probably perfect for OMac to go to him and for Madgen to score a Kingsley nom.
that's the problem i have with it. with the Pies bringing in Madgen to probably replace Cox forward, to me anyway, it looks an ideal match up to just play Lever on him and then Lever can use his smarts and drop off the inexperienced bloke whenever he feels like it, and we could then bring in another smaller defender and jettison OMac out of the side.
instead of likely having OMac trundle around on him making it at best a 50/50 contest instead, and having Lever running loose, while the Pies mobile forward line run it in and tear us a new one because we are too tall and slow in defence.
unless our midfield and forwards can pressure the Pies into bombing the ball forward the whole game then I cant see how our tall defence will work for us.

Melbourne supporters: We shouldn't rush players back from injury now that the season is over

*Hore isn't rushed back from injury

Melbourne supporters: WhY iSn'T HorE IN?

I agree the inconsistency is frustrating, but it's pretty f*n obvious they got this one right. Riewoldt and Lynch were rotated between Oscar and Frost and they kicked 3.3 combined - neither of them needed to be dropped.

Hore has been in the best two weeks in a row in the VFL....

Melbourne supporters: We shouldn't rush players back from injury now that the season is over

I agree the inconsistency is frustrating, but it's pretty f*n obvious they got this one right. Riewoldt and Lynch were rotated between Oscar and Frost and they kicked 3.3 combined - neither of them needed to be dropped.
They (OMac) mightn't have needed to be dropped, but from a match up point of view, Hore is a much better fit. Particularly when he racked up 34 in the VFL, and is very clearly a Best 22 player.

Yeah cause 2 weeks in the best playing most the game off a collarbone is the same as a player coming in off 1/2 a game off a leg injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the Dees might be a chance here. A little payback for 2017 would be nice with the Pies playing Adelaide at home and Essendon the last two rounds.

Could put a sword into the Filth with a nice win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back