Preview Changes vs Collingwood, Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on this board with beach muscles is banned permanently.

You bloody millennial mods, seem to go out of you way, to find ways to have me banned permanently. :shrug:

images-8.jpg

Without wishing to be too cynical - " Premiership Hero Mark Hutchings To Return"
Hmm, not sure about the 'hero' angle, but I guess we need all the players we can get and he wasn't a bad tagger...

Shueys legs are tanks, but his body isn’t Jack Darlings is my point. I’m discussing proportions.

You are looking at the wrong things id say. Case in point, is a athlete like Steph Curry if he joined Eagles would own all our weightlifting records based on what he benches with Golden State

Frasier Gehrig aside, Scott Selwood was our strongest player ever strength wise during all those prime years and by some margin too also.

Sorry just saw this and what an absolute load of s**t.

Steph came in to the league able to rep 185 for 9 reps (lol)

The dude's probably able to push 225 around now But he wouldn't own s**t when it comes to AFL clubs lifting.

Dwight Howard was allegedly pushing around 365pounds at his strongest before he wrecked his back and the guy is acknowledged as one of the strongest to ever play the game.

So 165kgs is certainly a little more than the strongest AFL players have benched...however AFL players have to balance endurance with strength in a far different way to NBA players (and that's without getting into the clear genetic advantages elite African American athletes have) and there's plenty of AFL athletes who IF they trained for strength could easily hit that mark.

Now, Luke Shuey

1618322858421.png

Zac Langdon.

1618322983442.png

Yes, it's Zacs legs that are the issue. :rolleyes:

Stop talking about things you clearly have NFI about.

Sorry just saw this and what an absolute load of sh*t.

The dude's probably able to push 225 around now But he wouldn't own sh*t when it comes to AFL clubs lifting.

Dwight Howard was allegedly pushing around 365pounds at his strongest before he wrecked his back and the guy is acknowledged as one of the strongest to ever play the game.

So 165kgs is certainly a little more than the strongest AFL players have benched...however AFL players have to balance endurance with strength in a far different way to NBA players (and that's without getting into the clear genetic advantages elite African American athletes have) and there's plenty of AFL athletes who IF they trained for strength could easily hit that mark.

Now, Luke Shuey

View attachment 1102115

Zac Langdon.

View attachment 1102116

Also Scooter selwood he mentions scooter there which is odd. Reckon Bunga pound for pound our strongest. Nic Nat clearly tho

The dude's probably able to push 225 around now But he wouldn't own sh*t when it comes to AFL clubs lifting.

Now, Luke Shuey

View attachment 1102115

Zac Langdon.

View attachment 1102116

I’m talking about leg strength ie. the deadlift, Steph deadlifts 400 pounds at present. That would be our record at the moment by some margin? Like this is basic fact. Look it up before you mouth off

Look at the photos ffs. Stop looking at the calves and actually look. Shueys upper legs are much stronger and more proportioned than Langdons.

I’m talking about leg strength ie. the deadlift, Steph deadlifts 400 pounds at present. That would be our record at the moment by some margin? Like this is basic fact. Look it up before you mouth off

Look at the photos ffs. Stop looking at the calves and actually look. Shueys upper legs are much stronger and more proportioned than Langdons.
I'll back you on this - I think you raise a valid point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now, Luke Shuey

View attachment 1102115

Zac Langdon.

View attachment 1102116

This is what length strength looks like by the way
1618328063562.jpeg

1. You said BENCH in your post, maybe you should fact check your own posts before hitting send.

2. Yes he Deadlifts 400, he plays a sport which is based around short, repeat efforts with explosive jumping, it would be pretty piss poor if he didn't have a good deadlift.

BTW, Stefan Martin has recorded a 240kg Deadlift and Brian Lake 200kg, which shits on Currys, so you're wrong yet again.

Curry would get annihilated during a 2km time trial because...shock horror he doesn't weight train for endurance like an AFL athlete.

That post I put up was actually highlighting his glutes and hamstrings (What's Shuey having issues with btw?) where you build a lot of your explosive power with...that thing you keep harping on about, deadlifts. However with the crap you've been posting I can understand how you don't know the difference between a calf and hamstring.

Firstly the deadlift is more a back exercise than a leg one, and secondly 400 pounds is not that great of a deadlift, particularly for a tall guy as longer limbs are beneficial for deadlifting. I'm 5'10 80kg and I can deadlift 350 pounds, I'd be shocked if most of our senior players couldn't deadlift 400. I'm almost certain there would be several who could lift more. You don't seem to know a lot of what you're talking about when it comes to lifting, and clearly your eyes don't work too well either considering Langdon has great quad and hamstring development.

Without wishing to be too cynical - " Premiership Hero Mark Hutchings To Return"
Hmm, not sure about the 'hero' angle, but I guess we need all the players we can get and he wasn't a bad tagger...
It makes good copy to call someone a premiership hero.

Having said that, Hutch did do an outstanding on Sidebum.

I just deadlifted my coffee from the kitchen table to my mouth, do I really have to go to work today? I’ve been doing that for 33 years now and I’m ******* over it!
Nothing to do with football I know.
Yeah but something something someone called Steph

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back