Preview Changes vs Collingwood, Rd 5, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please direct anything football leg related here. Which is something I am not sure I'd ever thought I'd say. :think:

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Please direct anything football leg related here. Which is something I am not sure I'd ever thought I'd say. :think:

Ooooft, glad I got one last post in before I saw that thread.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
So could Darcy Moore be missing? That's a big help

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
So could Darcy Moore be missing? That's a big help

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doubt it. Apparently he would have to have surgery or rest for at least 4-6 weeks. If he has Achilles tendinitis for more than 6 months he probably needs surgery and he would be out for the year. The risk is he tears his Achilles tendon and he is out for 12 months because the Achilles is being weakened by the inflammation.

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m talking about leg strength ie. the deadlift, Steph deadlifts 400 pounds at present. That would be our record at the moment by some margin? Like this is basic fact. Look it up before you mouth off

Look at the photos ffs. Stop looking at the calves and actually look. Shueys upper legs are much stronger and more proportioned than Langdons.
I was thinking the same mate, his upper legs are way too big for his calfs. Chicken leg effect.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Well if Vardy is in, I hope he can provide similar to his 4 goal effort in the WAFL a couple of weeks ago. I dont like the change (if it happens) but hope he can gain some confidence and some of that 2018 form. I wont be holding my breath but.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
A fair chance Vardy will be a IN it seems. Trying to match up Grundy around the ground it would appear

Didn't we 'tag' Grundy with Redden (I'm thinking it was 2019... but maybe wrong on that). I don't think aerobically or athletically Vardy could go with Grundy around the ground. If we are concerned about a higher rate of stoppages then I guess Vardy in makes sense, but otherwise surely we look at more aerobically gifted players than Vardy to stay with a player who is an elite distance runner.

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Vardy should only come in if Allen isn't right, way too tall otherwise.

If we're worried about Allen's body rucking, then split his ruck time with JD and Gov. That's 25-30% game time split 3 ways, they'll all cope.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Didn't we 'tag' Grundy with Redden (I'm thinking it was 2019... but maybe wrong on that). I don't think aerobically or athletically Vardy could go with Grundy around the ground. If we are concerned about a higher rate of stoppages then I guess Vardy in makes sense, but otherwise surely we look at more aerobically gifted players than Vardy to stay with a player who is an elite distance runner.
Elite runner you say? Ainsworth it is

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
If Vardy must be brought back into the side, it is imperative that he is under no illusions of what is expected of him, and the consequences of not meeting those expectations.

4 possessions is an unacceptable level of output at AFL level. The match committee must make it known to him that should he serve that up again, he will remain in the WAFL on a permanent basis unless both Nic Nat and Bailey Williams are injured

I cannot help but think after last weekend, we are potentially going into the match too tall again

The match committee must make it known to him that should he serve that up again
Just maybe the MC don’t expect him to get more than a few but moreso thump into Grundy at every contest?

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Just maybe the MC don’t expect him to get more than a few but moreso thump into Grundy at every contest?
And other players. A large part of the value of a player of Vardy’s size is being a large physical presence who softens up the opposition and clears a path for smaller players. This is something that Oscar is not really physically equipped for.

The key performance indicator for a backup ruck is possession count, everyone knows that.

Miguel please, back-up or not ruckmen are all about the marks.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Look at the pictures of Steph Curry. He would literally be the strongest player we have ever had outside of Fraser Gehrig based on what he lifts

Seriously though, have you not wondered Why every single GWS player has leg issues?

I have heard some reference to GWS players current and ex regarding leg issues.

Whats the theory, they went down a different leg program which was questionable?

Hard surfaces on new decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back