Preview Changes vs Collingwood, Rd 5, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not liking the forward line. Why would we drop both of JJ and Winder, with Petch and Ryan out? Cripps isnt that good.

I can only assume form team selection that Waterman and Brander are both not playing as talls (Brander as a mid and Waterman as a mid-size forward, which is effectively what Ryan is). In that context, the talls are almost ok, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Allen/Kennedy type as a late out with Jones as a late in.
Said this to a mate about allen late out

Allen out for Jones or ainsworth ( shudder)

Next week allen and Williams in
JK and vardy out .

Don't take JK to Geelong.

Also if we have vardy in this week reduce nics minutes

I am not liking the forward line. Why would we drop both of JJ and Winder, with Petch and Ryan out? Cripps isnt that good.

Langdon replaced JJ. We got overrun due to lack of midfield rotations so XON is in for Winder. Vardy is in for Petch because we fear Grundy and want to stop his around the ground influence. Vardy probably wont be able to spend any time forward. He needs to go with Grundy aerobically and I cant see him being able to do much up forward if thats his role. Collingwood will also be carrying a similar issue though with Keane in the side.

Because they feel the players they are bringing in will contribute more. So Xon and Langdon.

Maybe a tall will be a late out?

Brander plays Ryan's HFF role as a link man / mid

Surely we pick a small as the sub

Because they feel the players they are bringing in will contribute more. So Xon and Vardy.

Maybe a tall will be a late out?

Surely we pick a small as the sub

Gotta realise we wont have Allen/Kennedy/Darling/Vardy all in the forward line at once. Vardy will ruck and only give small tiny rests to Kennedy and Allen id say. Would be surprised if he had more then 10% TOG up forward and if he had more than 50% overall.

Looking at all the talls we’ve picked, which ones are everyone worried about being a hindrance because of a lack of agility and mobility?

Vardy and ...?
Its more the overall effect not just 1 individual. I would say Vardy and Waterman are excess to what we need. I under understand Vardy is in for Grundy but its not like Grundy is having a positive effect on games these days. Brisbane beat the Pies with 4 hitouts.

Gotta realise we wont have Allen/Kennedy/Darling/Vardy all in the forward line at once. Vardy will ruck and only give small tiny rests to Kennedy and Allen id say. Would be surprised if he had more then 10% TOG up forward and if he had more than 50% overall.
It's almost as if there's not much point him being in the side

Its more the overall effect not just 1 individual. I would say Vardy and Waterman are excess to what we need. I under understand Vardy is in for Grundy but its not like Grundy is having a positive effect on games these days. Brisbane beat the Pies with 4 hitouts.
Yeah, I'm not sure if he is fully fit yet, but I think it would make much more sense to bring Ah-chee in to tag Grundy rather than Vardy. That way he can also provide a rotation on HFF and play more than 50% TOG.

Between Vardy's and Nic Nat's low TOG, we are essentially playing with one less player.

We dont play the same as Brisbane? We tend to want Naitanui to sit a kick behind the play so Darling can do the forward ruck and Naitanui can not only contest the long kick out but apply ground pressure and also tackle if need be to lock it in

In the case of Grundy, we probably want to change this up and have Grundy followed by Vardy and Naita around the ground knowing Darling will get obliterated in any ruck contest. We also would not want Grundy to drift down back without anyone following him to interrupt the contest knowing that he is better at this then anyone bar Gawn. Grundys struggles are his tap work. His around the ground work is still doing well and really thats what we are worried about

Yeah, I'm not sure if he is fully fit yet, but I think it would make much more sense to bring Ah-chee in to tag Grundy rather than Vardy. That way he can also provide a rotation on HFF and play more than 50% TOG.

Between Vardy's and Nic Nat's low TOG, we are essentially playing with one less player.

I forgot Ah Chee existed. Seems the match committee have too. If he's not injured, he should have been in given our forward line outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We dont play the same as Brisbane? We tend to want Naitanui to sit a kick behind the play so Darling can do the forward ruck and Naitanui can not only contest the long kick out but apply ground pressure and also tackle if need be to lock it in

In the case of Grundy, we probably want to change this up and have Grundy followed by Vardy and Naita around the ground knowing Darling will get obliterated in any ruck contest. We also would not want Grundy to drift down back without anyone following him to interrupt the contest knowing that he is better at this then anyone bar Gawn. Grundys struggles are his tap work. His around the ground work is still doing well and really thats what we are worried about
Any thought to having Brander running with him around the ground? Would be a decent match up on paper fitness wise and in the air. Let Nic do Nic things at stoppages and around the contest.

Any thought to having Brander running with him around the ground? Would be a decent match up on paper fitness wise and in the air. Let Nic do Nic things at stoppages and around the contest.

Then we are taking someone out of the midfield and doing the same thing? No chance Brander has the fitness to follow Grundy then jump into the midfield every now and then

I am extremely disappointed in how short our lineup is against the Pies. Do we only have 15 talls??. Simmo is the smartest stupid coach I have ever seen. He is taking tall timber to another level. Feel sorry for the guy, he is as good as his IQ allows him to be. I can't stop laughing at this selection. is Simmo having marriage issues?? taking it out on the boys and the club?? Surely his superior is asking questions about this selection if they have an iota of footy sense. Talk about the knee-jerk reaction. I wondered how calm he was post-Saints game, it was a little odd, he should have been fuming and now we know why. This has disaster written all over it boys and girls.
you do realise that Simmo is just one member of the selection committee and he doesnt have the over all say

It’s a bizarre choice which is why I came on here to chat about it, but the wave after wave of tears and people on suicide alert over our team being a bit tall broke me faster than any team selection did.

I’m not happy with the team selection. It’s really tall, and I had Winder and Jones as outs but that was before I knew Ryan and Petch were the latest victims of our shocking injury run.

And yet...chill out campaigners. Go back and read some of the embarrassing sh*t that was being posted in 2018, with the benefit of knowing how that finished.

Everyone is so desperate to skip to the end. 17 teams lose the flag each year, and if following the one team that wins it is the entire extent of joy you can find in football then you’re in for an absolutely torrid time.

People need to enjoy the journey more. Maybe we’ll win. Maybe we won’t. Maybe Liam Ryan will take mark of the year. Maybe he’ll be out for the season.

90% of fanbases would trade our last 30, 20, 10 and 5 years for theirs. People need to lose the blinkers and just enjoy the ride.
I'm with you Badge. We have been such a consistent team that we are a spoilt bunch. I remember when the Tigers were nicknamed Ninth-mond, They were good times.
We need to appreciate how powerful our club is and realise that flags and the comp are tough to win

Last edited:
I'm with you Badge. We have been such a consistent team that we are a spoilt bunch. I remember when the Tigers were nicknamed Premiershipmond, They were good times.
We need to appreciate how powerful our club is and realise that flags and the comp are tough to win
Yep
We have some strange supporters.

Some refusing to watch the game because they're still pissed off after last week.

Others will watch the game in a bad mood over last week.

People questioning Simmo's marriage.

Lighten up chaps.

Cole hasn't come on ?
He had his best season last year . Had to move to the wing at times during our 5 games in 19days and even kicked a couple of snags . Also did a solid job in defence

Although he hasn't set the world on fire this year he is the only medium defender who has the pace to go with small forwards bar shep who is 30 .

Cole is not that fast, just ask Stephenson.

Rotham has more pace.

1/2 back is such a launching pad in the modern game and Cole unfortunately, wouldn't be playing half back for Tigers, Saints, Port, Bullies or Lions.

Couldn't see GC slipping him in over Oleg Markov (having a cracking year) or Jack Lukosius.

Even Carlton have Sam Docherty and Adam Saad at 1/2 back and pretty positive they are not looking at us and saying "we wish we had Cole".

Saying he hasn't come on since 2018 is very fair.

I forgot Ah Chee existed. Seems the match committee have too. If he's not injured, he should have been in given our forward line outs.
Shame he was injured. He could have saved his career over the past fortnight with a good couple of games

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

tony-shark.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back