Valentino

Club Legend
Mar 1, 2014
Beside myself
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VR46 and SSC Napoli
Would love to be in front by 5 points and umpies pay a dodgy free kick on the final siren in a massively lopsided free kick count in favour of the wobblers 30 metres out and the shot hits the post. Now there's your Furfy Pirate Life Prison Bar Ale moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tibbs

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The game was iced. Why risk him? Dumb call imo.
If there was a clear indication of an injury, of course! But the player says "I only have cramp" and you pull him? Well on a cold rainy night, you will end up with 10 players on the bench! Clurey insisted he only had cramp ... they get a massage and play though that.

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would love to be in front by 5 points and umpies pay a dodgy free kick on the final siren in a massively lopsided free kick count in favour of the wobblers 30 metres out and the shot hits the post. Now there's your Furfy Pirate Life Prison Bar Ale moment.
That's (sort of) already happened - in 2002 when Anthony Rocca missed a shot at the end to tie the game and we won by 5 points. Also remembered as the Kane Cornes - Brodie Holland finger game.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
That's (sort of) already happened - in 2002 when Anthony Rocca missed a shot at the end to tie the game and we won by 5 points. Also remembered as the Kane Cornes - Brodie Holland finger game.
If I recall correctly, directly over the goalpost he kicked it. Collingwood fans will swear black and blue it was a goal but they were kidding themselves.

Byron!!!

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood have had the hardest draw this year by a considerable margin. Our rest days vs opponent's rest days is almost absurdly rigged. We have also played Brisbane, WCE, Freo, Adelaide and GWS at their home grounds. The myth that we get easy draws is easily disproved if you look at actual facts.
Ironic username.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

EskimoPAFC

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting Monty mentioned Garner as well. Probably shapes as one of the most interesting selection decisions of the year.

I reckon we'll bring in Hoff or Lienert but nothing would shock me.

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting Monty mentioned Garner as well. Probably shapes as one of the most interesting selection decisions of the year.

I reckon we'll bring in Hoff or Lienert but nothing would shock me.
If Watts, Bergman or Garner is selected I think you will be shocked. I know I will be because nothing the coaches have done all year would point to this.

backtozero

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Counterpoint - we haven't played a game this year with so little on the line.
Whoever we bring in would also have to be prepared to finals if the opportunity comes up. Bringing in a guy for his first game of the year, only to be dropped again, is nonsensical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mynameissilver

Team Captain
Aug 10, 2017
Queensland
Lol, we of all teams should know how little finishing top matters.
Yea I can remember Choco making a big deal out of a minor prem. one year. Then we were knocked out in straight sets. Means jack if you don't back it up. It gives you a great platform so let's see where it takes us this year. My minimum tick would be a close fought loss in a prelim. I want more but you know the song.

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Watts, Bergman or Garner is selected I think you will be shocked. I know I will be because nothing the coaches have done all year would point to this.
Yeah, I'll be stoked if any of them get a call up. Odds are Hoff 50%, Leinert 40%, Sutcliffe as a KPD 5% and the rest 5% between them though.

shewho

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Left field thought- rest Hartlett or Jonas and pick both Watts and Lienert. Have them spend time on a variety of Collingwood forwards- DeGoey, Mihocek, Cox, Grundy- let them know they are competing against each other for the position of back up key defender.

Our key defence depth has worried me all year and with only one game to go, we need to know straight away who can best fill in if we lose a key defender for a final.

Top Bottom