Opinion Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. The interstate clubs sleep in their own beds and live in their own state all week and fly over for one day. The Victorians are spending the entire season in a hub, travelling from state to state and without any contact with their family and friends in the initial weeks. They haven't slept in their own beds for months.
Get stuffed! This post is just so wrong on every level.

Firstly you havent spent the "entire season" in a hub. The First 5 matches were played from Victoria. One you travelled for, the other four played in Melbourne.

Port were in the first QLD hub for four weeks, doing so uncomplainingly, not like the whinging, whining Vics.

Collingwood played four matches in their home state, Port has played six. But those two extra matches have been offset by Port being the only club forced to wake up at 4am, travel, play, and return home on the same day ... Twice,

You tossers will get no sympathy here

Last edited:
How many babies did it take them to get enough oil???

Is
Rubbish. The interstate clubs sleep in their own beds and live in their own state all week and fly over for one day. The Victorians are spending the entire season in a hub, travelling from state to state and without any contact with their family and friends in the initial weeks. They haven't slept in their own beds for months.

You really do sound like a w***er with this s**t. 1st time it's not served on a platter and you're whinging like a little bitch

Oh and, why is this game not in Adelaide? I actually want you to answer.

4EE1EBBC-158B-4CBE-AD91-481B538543B3.gif

Get stuffed! This post is just so wrong on every level.

Firstly you havent spent the "entire season" in a hub. The First 5 matches were played from Victoria. One you travelled for, the other four played in Melbourne.

Port were in the first QLD hub for four weeks, doing so uncomplainingly, not like the whinging, whining Vics.

Collingwood played four matches in their home state, Port has played six. But those two extra matches have been offset by Port being the only club forced to wake up at 4am, travel, play, and return home on the same day ... Twice in consecutive weeks.

You tossers will get no sympathy here
Added a minor edit.

We beat Richmond but lost to Geelong by 10 goals, so probably Richmond.
That said, if we decide to turn up there shouldn't be much difference.

Unlike the punters out there, I reckon you guys can go the whole journey this year. I have a bit of a soft spot for Port too, so if we end up losing first week (which is probably going to happen), I'll be riding the Port bandwagon that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that stat is comparing Brisbane this year (who get to spend the week at their home in their beds and only fly out for a few games a year) with Collingwood last year (who got to spend the week at their home in their beds and only fly out for a few games a year). It's not comparing Brisbane's advantage to the Victorian teams this year, it's comparing it to the Victorian team advantage every other year since the AFL became the AFL.

I realise it's hard to see privilege when you are part of it though.

Wait two flights in a week is easier than living at a resort? I mean ok.....

Some down Collingwood fans on thier board at the moment. With the news that Sidebottom won't return. They don't see themselves doing damage in the finals without him.

Some down Collingwood fans on thier board at the moment. With the news that Sidebottom won't return. They don't see themselves doing damage in the finals without him.

thats really surprising given their talent but Sidebottom has exceptional skills and brings others into the game.

I never said I felt hard done by. I simply pointed out the false equivalence posted by a person on this forum.
False equivalence? Spending part of a season in a hub vs travelling 5 times a year and having the Grand final on you home deck year after year. Good luck to Brisbane having the same advantage this year that Richmond and Collingwood always have year after year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back