Opinion Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if we are trying to settle the side for finals, you have to take Woodcock over Farrell any day of the week. Woodcock has some mongrel, flair and X-factor about him that stands up in finals-type games. Pretty sure he played alright against Richmond as well in our best game of the season if I am correct? Was able to find the footy without a hitch in only his first handful of games. Farrell has had a fair few opportunities now and just hasn't had the impact we expect in a top-2 team.

Butters comes back in for whoever the worst performer is next week. Bonner comes out for Burton when he's back.

Woodcock In, Farrell Out.

A few nothing games in a row, which can't be backed in heading into finals. We're here to win a premiership this year and should look to improve the 22 whenever possible. Yeah, Woodcock is likely to go straight out for Butters, but he also might play well and force Motlop out.

Hacked Kens computer after Bonner kicked the ball out of bounds again.
1599830552204-png.959182

Nearly everyone is in agreeance - Woodcock in, Farrell out. Messrs Motlop, Bonner and Ebert did enough for selection next Monday week.
In the last quarter Motlop seemed to be running into some form although why he didn’t have a ping at the goals when he was obviously clear of any defender I don’t know why. Did the handball option, straight to an Essendon player. So frustrating.
Marshall did nothing again, so is there a place for Georgie or Westy?

Would like to see Woodcock come in, hard to see anyone worth dropping besides maybe Bonner and maaaaybee Motlop

what did Farrell do to keep his spot ahead of Motlop. Non-existent again.
You’re not dropping Bonner after that game. He was solid.

Rebound 50s:

DBJ 1
Clurey 1
Hartlett 2
Houston 3
McKenzie 4
Jonas 4
Bonner 5

If you think Bonner deserves to be dropped after that performance then you've got blinkers on.
I think a few of his "rebounds" hit Chris Davies in the head in the coaches box.

Rebound 50s:

DBJ 1
Clurey 1
Hartlett 2
Houston 3
McKenzie 4
Jonas 4
Bonner 5

If you think Bonner deserves to be dropped after that performance then you've got blinkers on.

.disposal efficiency 57%. Equal lowest in the side. For a soft receiver who's only weapon is his left foot, it's not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebound 50s:

DBJ 1
Clurey 1
Hartlett 2
Houston 3
McKenzie 4
Jonas 4
Bonner 5

Bonner played one of his better games tonight
With a bit of time he is a great kick

what did Farrell do to keep his spot ahead of Motlop. Non-existent again.
You’re not dropping Bonner after that game. He was solid.
I literally just forgot he was playing. The maybe is because I think they were solid enough to keep their spots but I'd also like to see Woodcock in.

Farrell out for Woodcock. Otherwise keep the same side. Seems like we have more or less finally settled on our best side now.

Wouldnt be surprised if there are no changes this week simply because Butters will come in for Farrell week 1 of the finals.

Thought we might rest a whole bunch of players given top two is locked away but Hinkley said we'll be going full bore to beat Collingwood so I guess not.

Monty said that we'll be looking to stabilise the team heading into finals and given nobody really played badly today, I reckon we could be looking at an unchanged line up.

Again, Farrell. Farrell played badly.

Out: Motlop
In: Westhoff

Motlop is only good when we're 6 goals up, he does nothing to get us 6 goals up though.

When was the last time Westhoff was good, whether we were 6 goals up or otherwise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back