Opinion Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with Leinert back in - no brainer, particularly with tall Cox in the team. Was particularly impressed with his last game where he contested strongly, and took the game on. Clurey is first choice, but Leinert is a very good backup.

Neither Woodcock nor Farrell are strong defenders, but Kane has not taken his chances. A bit too timid at this time. Have a good one Woody.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

False equivalence? Spending part of a season in a hub vs travelling 5 times a year and having the Grand final on you home deck year after year. Good luck to Brisbane having the same advantage this year that Richmond and Collingwood always have year after year.

Brisbane have less of an advantage than the Vics normally have as they are not coming up against teams fatigued by travel

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feel a bit sorry for Hoff.
Not sure there is much difference between selecting him or Lienert.
Having said that Lienert has been consistent every time he’s been selected.
I don’t reckon Hoff cares, never been the type for that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I still have belief in Farrell long-term but he has probably blown enough chances in 2020 - hope to see him break out next year.

Happy with Woodcock in, fits our play style really well and puts in 100%, as others have mentioned he needs to cut the staging stuff out of his game that he can make work at SANFL level and just focus on the ball.

Lienert I guess is fine given the options. Just gotta hope Burton is back for finals as I reckon a few of the top teams would be looking to exploit our defensive depth when we need to rotate.

Ken Hinkley press conference - 20 September 2020

How ******* good is the Ken of 2020 talking about Westhoff btw - no emotion, no gold passes, just pure business and making the best decision for the club to set us up for finals. Compare this to the Ken of I think 2018 practically in tears when he had to leave out Paddy and Hoff for a round - it's chalk and cheese.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ******* good is the Ken of 2020 talking about Westhoff btw - no emotion, no gold passes, just pure business and making the best decision for the club to set us up for finals. Compare this to the Ken of I think 2018 practically in tears when he had to leave out Paddy and Hoff for a round - it's chalk and cheese.
Impressive.
He has grown for sure.

Veteran Justin Westhoff has been named among the emergencies days after announcing he would be retiring at the end of the season, while first-year midfielder Jackson Mead is also an emergency for the first time.

Fellow first-year player Miles Bergman and Sam Mayes are also on the emergency list

Do they all fly up and when are we flying up - ie what time tomorrow??

Reckon the Hoff might still get to play.

Veteran Justin Westhoff has been named among the emergencies days after announcing he would be retiring at the end of the season, while first-year midfielder Jackson Mead is also an emergency for the first time.

Fellow first-year player Miles Bergman and Sam Mayes are also on the emergency list

Well Hoff is travelling. Yes wonder how many they can take up.

Now I’m really suspicious that the meds have changed.

Ken said in the presser they were flying up today/tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back