Opinion Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

i reckon if clurey misses they will go with westy as a replacement.
I'm inclined to agree, and it's probably the right call. If Lienert were to come in, I think he plays the third tall role and McKenize's strong intercept marking is wasted by trying to play him against Cox.

Bit of a worry bringing in an out of form Hoff to play full back on the eve of finals, after only playing one game as a defender all season, but if Clurey is out I think it's the only option we really have. Better happening now than in 2 weeks. If it were McKenize out, Lienert would be a fine replacement. Unsure what we'd do if Jonas was out.

Out: Farell, Clurey (if injured)
In: Woodcock (controversial I know), Hoff

I reckon Clurey has an 'injury' type of injury and we'll give Hoff a final game.

Not a great possession gatherer but we must treat him as one, we don't want another Ben Brown catastrophe.
If we are worrying about mason cox we may as well forget about finals this year and the following years. He isnt a real threat to any team let alone the top of the table team.

If we are worrying about mason cox we may as well forget about finals this year and the following years. He isnt a real threat to any team let alone the top of the table team.
I agree with you as far as general footy goes but he is tall and can mark, we don't have any one that can match his height. I suppose the best way is to keep the ball away from him, something we couldn't do against Hawkins and Hinkley had no answer for the entire game.

Wouldn’t mind Hoff getting a shot if Clurey is out.

If he really is retiring this year you’d think he’d be playing like a bat out off hell in an attempt to hold his spot and get a premiership.
Agreed, Justin is tall, versatile and has the ability to put himself in the right spots, experience is what's needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This time don't make the mistake of not trading when the value is sky high!
I don't think the Hoff has any residual value, even if he kicks 3 in a GF. But seeing him with a premiership medal around his neck would be more than enough for me.

I don't think the Hoff has any residual value, even if he kicks 3 in a GF. But seeing him with a premiership medal around his neck would be more than enough for me.
Lol. I know, Hoff is out of contract and wouldn't fetch us a 3rd round pick if he kicked 3 goals versus Collingwood and every final to boot. It's just I'll forever point to our shithouse lack of trading Thurstans, stuffing around trying to hold Carr and missing Port boy Scott Thompson straight after the 2004 flag as the point where everything started to go wrong with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back